JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
simple observation & experience....any that I want are on the rise....any that I have are moving the other direction:confused:

OK, ok, not really.
I was quite impressed with how the pre 1900 Colt SAA market circa 1992~2002. And the Gen 2 SAA Colts seem to continue upward.

Any pinned and recessed K,L or N frame S&W. Decent older "shooter grade" SxS and O/U American made shotguns.
Savage 99's---you can still get some good deals. Now if the 16 ga would just take off----I've got a few of those!:)

One other thing.
Remember what ''Saving Ryan's Privates'' an ''Band of brothers'' did to M1 rifle and carbine prices?

I'd be lying if a said I wasn't looking for some help from Walt Longmire. :D

Like it or not. Popular culture dose have sway on gun popularity/price.

Remember Dirty Harry and his .44 Magnum. ;)

Last Edited:
My .02

I'm gonna lean on the ole "Silver Tsunami" meme for my 1st pick;

Pre-64 Model 70s. The Boomers (many are Liberal; too many), are inheriting, and pawn-shops are buying firearms from the collections once belonging to "greatest generation".... lookie there, another meme...:D

And 2; whatever Sig that will replace the M9; fan boys, military collectors, veterans, and enthusiasts seem to adore whatever was carried by our warriors.

And 3; it depends on what is being featured in the latest video games...:confused:

One other thing.
Remember what ''Saving Ryan's Privates'' an ''Band of brothers'' did to M1 rifle and carbine prices?

I'd be lying if a said I wasn't looking for some help from Walt Longmire. :D

Like it or not. Popular culture dose have sway on gun popularity/price.

Remember Dirty Harry and his .44 Magnum. ;)
I bought my guns because I like the colors... :)

IMG_5074.JPG

My Python has gone crazy since I purchased it new in about 1981, but my original 1858 Remington civil war revolver has gone up 3X in 24 months. I probably bought it a little behind the market but it has gone nuts.

I see FN Browning Hi Powers fetching higher and higher prices, even though they're old turn-ins and perhaps pretty well worn inside.

Would happily pay a fair price for a beater and go through the innards, leaving the outside alone to show off a nice patina.

As far as predicting what's next I would say Colt Diamondbacks...
I have no doubt that the Diamondback Wheel Guns are already into the "Crazy" range on the Firearms Market. I really like my 6" .22 Rimfire Diamondback but I'm considering letting my 1966 vintage 6" Python go. I'm not sure if I'll be putting it up for Auction or just sticking it in the Classifieds Section here. I hear a lot of complaining about the price of things on here but complaints are very easy to ignore. :):):) I'd like to get Top Dollar for it because I feel it's certainly worth it.

I need to get some good pictures and right now I'm just not in a position to do that. I guess it's sleep on it time.

I think anything with a functional select switch is already way overpriced and will continue to climb insanely simply because they're restricted. Really common/crude sub guns become a gateway ticket to the full auto show and will continue to get pricier since nice auto rifles are already way out of reach for most.

While I would still like to have a Thompson SMG(because it was my first shooter) I've been cured of the Machine Gun Bug since the day I had to fire 35K+ through an M-16A1 in the '70s because we could NOT turn in Unfired Ammo - empty Brass only. Even with all the shooting I did we still turned in several large rocks and dumped thousands of rounds in the Columbia River.

I've been cured of my bug the day I rented a select fire AK... Even with cheap ammo its easy to to spend a lot of money.

That being said, I'd still wish for getting rid of the ban, simply for the sake of loosening gun laws.

Keep your eye on early low dash and no dash Smith & Wessons - especially certain early K frame models such as the the Mod 19 & 15. The SS versions of these (mods 65 & 66) have been climbing steadily for the last couple years and the needle may have clicked up a bit lately. Mod 27s & 28s are now beginning to touch the 1K arena as they are really getting hard to find. J frame Mod 36 & 60s are seeing an increase in popularity also and and are not staying for sale long.
On the rifle side 'key' model lever actions it seems are really becoming increasingly popular and I see many responding to ads for them. Pre 64 Winchesters and JM Marlins seem to lead the way along with some of the later AE model Winchesters in .44 Mag and .357.

Last Edited:
I love the Winchesters, one of the greatest guns ever and most who handle them want one so yes Winchesters will sell in my opinion. I am not sure how much they will go up but you are right people will want them.

DSC06619 (1).jpg
I think these rare muzzleloading rifles with the rapid fire patchbox in the stock along with the double set full auto triggers , tactical loading ram rod and light gathering silver front sight , will be the next big thing...:D

Or maybe not...but I like 'em anyways.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top