JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Actual methodology can be found here: http://vpc.org/studies/justifiable15.pdf
On the plus side the study cherry picked less then most, but i'm willing to guess the National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS), they use to estimate the total number of non-fatal self defense situations might underestimate the real total number of non-fatal self defense situations yearly given the somewhat limited nature of the survey (50-70K households if I recall).

So, my life is not worth protecting? Rrrrright.....I should call 911.

Or maybe, it's more about seeing that the criminal(s) breaking in are protected from harm, from armed homeowners?

Really? Take a side.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
What these safety Sallys won't bring to the story is not everyone in America lives like they do. Some areas don't even gave police. It could be an hour if at all for emergency response. Well, in LA, NY, ATL the oolice show up in upper class neighborhoods where writers live in minutes, so everyone should be a happy servent and wait their turn. Right?

1. Governor
2. Senator
3. Mayor
4. Judge
100. Joe citizen
101 Joe citizen with no street lights

Note that the statistics he uses on private citizens using a gun to protect themselves and their families does not include incidents where no one was killed nor those where only the perp was killed... "Self-Defense Homicide: 256"...! What about the hundreds or maybe thousands of incidents that end up protecting the family but no one is killed or hurt...? Or the most-likely numerous incidents that are never reported because the perp left when a gun was pulled...? Total B.S., IMHO...!

vpc.org is a Bloomberg propaganda outlet. I don't understand why a supportive member is posting this without an accompaning explanation about how it is crap.

I own guns. We own guns. You own guns. I possess them because. I shoot them. I like the sounds that eminate from them. I like the smells of Hot Hoppes and burned gunpowder. Enjoy the grass tickling my nostrils while in the prone. Promote environmental responsibility while harvesting shell casings. Been this way since about sixty years ago maybe 3 years old when I hid under the tarp in the gear trailer (Dad and his friends' hunt trip to Colorado. Mom wouldn't let em leave till I was found) Bought my first rifle (GEW 88) after HS. Didn't think about hunting people till the Marines. Before I even thought about gun confiscation, kept my NCO Sword, Kabar, Bolo machete, Leatherman w cap crimper, BSA pocket knife, hatchet, good conduct ribbon (and my first grenade pin) near at hand. Wasn't till the Clackamas town center massacre did I get my CC and start carrying and practicing, changing holsters, carrying pepper spray, reading shooting case laws. Haven't been polled by pollers (there was that time her dad came after me though). And before I forget why I started this diatribe, I must confess Mrs 308 has quite the attractive curls.

I like the Viceland guy's expressing that he wants to gather unbiased opinions and then proceed to say he wanted to expose the NRA's "Mythology" I thought that was very 'unbiased'

Time for America to go off the grid!

Based on data from the NIOSH National Traumatic Occupational Fatalities (NTOF) surveillance system, electrocutions were the fifth leading cause of death from 1980 through 1992. The 5,348 deaths caused by electrocutions accounted for 7% of all fatalities and an average of 411 deaths per year.

Time to go carless, since 37,000 are killed each year in traffic accidents.

Time to go drug-free, since opioids claim 74,000 yearly.

Bathtub falls?

Stairs?

Pointed sticks?

Bananas?

What is amazing is the ignorance. "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Albert Einstein

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe
- Frank Zappa

There is a good chance that we will see sign in gun shops telling us how bad guns are.LOL

I listen to Dori Munson on my way to work .
He pretty good about going after the Seattle city council.anyway he has a peice at.
Mynorthwest.com
Click his name then g
Click signs in gun shops
Don't ask me to post a link I can't do it on my phone.someone else probably can but I can't

Last Edited:
I live alone, at the end of a dead-end road. My house is surrounded by woods and has been broken into before. I have absolutely no young children among family or friends who will ever be here and, except for arms close at hand for defense, all my others are in a very secure safe. I insist that I'll be the judge of safety or lack thereof in my own home.

Oh man I'm in so much danger my house is so dangerous .lol yep
My house is really dangerous .lol only if you don't belong there . other wise come on in sit down do you want IMG_20180922_111012.jpg a soda or something to drink.lol

There are at least 3 reasons I own guns, I like guns, I am not barred from owning guns, in Ocean Park WA after 10 PM response to a 911 call for law enforcement response time is usually 30 to 45 minutes, I have had a gun pulled on me on my own front porch about 2 years ago If I had my EDC on me at the time the person (Female) would have been riding an ambulance instead or a Police Cruiser that night. I do indeed need a gun to protect my family and my property. My guns don't hurt anyone while they ride in the holster or sit on my night stand.

vpc.org is a Bloomberg propaganda outlet. I don't understand why a supportive member is posting this without an accompaning explanation about how it is crap.
If you're referring to the OP, they are the founder of this forum and most likely offering a point of discussion for us without making any biased commentary.
You can lead a horse to water...

If you're referring to the OP, they are the founder of this forum and most likely offering a point of discussion for us without making any biased commentary.
You can lead a horse to water...
Yes lets not make any biased commentary about anti gun BS propaganda by all means....

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top