JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In a world where you can sue Remington......for the murders at Sandy Hook.

Anyway.....it's a Civil case.

So....there it is.

Aloha, Mark

So lets see here [just for speculation]...

Kel tec: -$200
Box of 9mm hollows: -$20
Shooting Treyvon: free
Legal fees incurred for shooting Treyvon -$2,500,000.00

He's suing for $100 mil, so lets say they end up settling for 10 million...lawyer [:mad:] takes half, so were at:

$5,000,000.00 [tax free, magic legal system money]
-$2,500,220.00 [initial costs]

$2,499,780.00

Its been 7 years since the shoot so...$357,111.42 per year

Not to shabby for a neighborhood watcherman! ;)

Devils advocate approach: His life has been ruined, which in some ways is priceless. :rolleyes:

Ok no seems like it was up for $138k but they hadn't actually picked a winner to take a PF9. I just remember hearing about it a few years back and that was about it.

Since zimmerman is coming back does that mean Darren Wilson will too?

There is a pretty serious allegation contained in that lawsuit and if true, Zimmerman deserves a verdict in his favor and if not, a verdict against him. The allegation is that Defendants manufactured evidence against him, hid from him the identity of the true witness, and then helped a fake witness commit perjury. If convicted, he could have gone to prison for life.

If true, that's a terrifying set of facts worthy of some third world dictatorship. So let's start by throwing away all the news reports. Not a single reporter has first hand knowledge of anything and so all we are getting by reading the news, is a second hand account tinted with whatever prejudices that reporter has. Reporters are irrelevant when you can just have the complaint in full: http://www.larryklayman.com/pdf/191203-ZimmermanvFultonEtal.pdf

NOTE: A complaint is not proof. It is just a set of facts that if proven to be true, would entitle a person to damages. I am not advocating believing the complaint -- a trial will determine that. All I'm saying is that this story is about the lawsuit, and if you want to know what the lawsuit is about, read the complaint, not some biased news article. I've excerpted some of the complaint below but seriously, why listen to me? I also have no personal knowledge. What you should do is just read the dern thing yourself.

So here are some quotes:

Prosecutors, police and Defendant Fulton [Trayvon's mom] left Defendant Eugene's house and arrived at [the correct place at] "approximately 6:30 PM" to pick up Defendant Eugene to beinterviewed. ... However, rather than Defendant Eugene coming to the door, Defendant Jeantel appeared and claimed that she was "Diamond Eugene". Defendant Eugene could in no way be mistaken for Defendant Jeantel, who was 2 years older, 5 inches taller, and about 120 pounds heavier than Defendant Eugene. Defendant Fulton was alarmed and immediately called Defendant Eugene, who tweeted at about that same time at 6:27 PM "Trayvon Martin Mom just called me" and at 6:32 PM "She thought I was Trayvon Girlfriend, Asking Me Hella Questions. Confused".

Fulton, who had met Diamond at least twice, spoken with her 7 times, and texted 30 times, never said a word about the witness switch to the authorities, and instead let them conduct an interview as if Jeantel was Diamond.

... By the end of the interview, Defendant Jeantel was emotionally exhausted and feeling guilty from her lying and told Defendant de la Rionda [Assistant State Attorney] six times, almost shouting "I feel guilty" and "real guilty". When asked why she felt "real guilty", Defendant Jeantel then stated twice, shouting the second time "I ain't know about it!" Defendant de la Rionda ignored Defendant Jeantel's confession of being a false witness, all the more obvious since he knew Defendant Jeantel had lied repeatedly in the interview, and rather than arrest Defendant Jeantel for lying to prosecutors under oath, Defendant de la Rionda ended the interview.

The prosecutors and the state then spent 14 months obstructing discovery:

... The obstruction campaign by Defendants de la Rionda, Guy, and Corey caused Zimmerman's defense team to spend 2/3 of their time in court demanding discovery and sanctions against the prosecution, all in an effort to prevent Zimmerman's defense from discovering that Defendant Jeantel was an imposter. The obstruction campaign by Defendants de la Rionda, Guy, and Corey included refusing to turn over alleged hospital records until being forced to admit they didn't exist, providing Trayvon's 750-page Cellebrite cell phone extraction report to Zimmerman's defense in an unreadable binary file form rather than a print out, and by denying Zimmerman's defense attorneys access to Defendant Jeantel by falsely claiming that Defendant Jeantel was only 16 (Defendant Eugene's age) before finally admitting Defendant Jeantel was 19 when she was finally allowed to be deposed just weeks before Zimmerman's trial.

... Defendants de la Rionda, Guy, Corey and FDLE had in their possession for more than one year Trayvon's 750-page Cellebrite cell phone records extraction report which obviously contained at least four photos images of Defendant Eugene that she had texted Trayvon that in no way resembled Defendant Jeantel. ...

.... Defendants de la Rionda, Guy, Corey and FDLE also had the 20 minute phone recording of Defendant Crump and Defendant Eugene in their possession for over a year, as did the FBI, and could have and should have easily determined that the voice on the phone with Defendant Crump did not resemble the voice, inflections, range, content, or language terminology used by Defendant Jeantel in her interview with prosecutors. ....

Apparently Jeantel is nearly illiterate and there was a letter Diamond wrote that was withheld that could have been subjected to handwriting analysis.

...Defendants de la Rionda, Guy, Corey and FDLE had read and knew of numerous highly sexual and explicit texts between Defendant Eugene and Trayvon, and they knew Defendant Jeantel had changed her original story from when Defendant de la Rionda asked Defendant Jeantel on April 2, "were you his girlfriend?", and Defendant Jeantel replied "we were getting there" to "no" in her later depositions....

While I normally have zero use for bottom feeders and this endless ambulance chasing, this one I had to laugh at. Many who hate us having rights love, just love, to use the courts to make it hard. Suing everything and everyone, often knowing they can't win, they just want to cost money. So here we go. I would love to see this end up costing them huge money since they are so big on this.

Zimmerman's attorney has a poor record of winning cases, but he does get a lot of news coverage and his wide-ranging depositions often uncover other interesting stuff. I doubt Zimmerman has the financial resources to pay this guy, unless he wins or negotiates a settlement with the prosecutors office. In the meantime, who is paying the lawyer's expenses as this drags on for months or years?

Zimmerman's attorney has a poor record of winning cases, but he does get a lot of news coverage and his wide-ranging depositions often uncover other interesting stuff. I doubt Zimmerman has the financial resources to pay this guy, unless he wins or negotiates a settlement with the prosecutors office. In the meantime, who is paying the lawyer's expenses as this drags on for months or years?
Did not bother to read the "news" on this but, have to guess this was taken on like so many of these. If he wins a judgment the lawyer gets a large cut off the top. I have to guess lawyers who do this then take a write off for expenses when they take a case like this and do not win anything.

I'm hoping that if all this is true, that he does win his case.

I sit and think..... if this happened to me, I'd want some sort of "revenge" too. What to do, and do legally? Sue them back!

If I were guilty I would have been on death row. If I am innocent, let me live my life in peace. I understand the family would be angry, but NUMEROUS courts and people found me innocent. Don't be mad at me for defending myself. As hard as it may be, be angry with the person you SHOULD be angry at.

I'm not rooting for Zimmermann the man per se, I AM rooting for a precedent and giving the other side a bloody nose. They have indicated their preferences of social mores by their doing unto us, so I say give unto them generously...

LET THE LAWFARE GAMES BEGIN!

This story is almost as interesting as the impeachment thingy...

If what is said in the Complaint is true, we have an example of the State creating false evidence to convict a person and put him in prison for life, rooted in defamatory rage and a public willing to believe whatever is printed.

That interests me. And frightens me.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top