JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Does @Joe Link still own that Hi Point?!!!:rolleyes::D
You think he could get rid of that by any legal means? LOL

My dad used to say to me that I shouldn't buy any guns simply because he has everything I'd ever want to shoot. All of his guns were made before 1960, Instead of getting into C&R, I went out and bought modern guns.
He has liked them all so far, and especially likes my Sig P226.
I usually complain about plastic guns, but it seems to be what I'm leaning toward in an EDC... just seems right.

I'd buy you G43X, @Kruel J , but I promised my GF I would wait until about mid March before I bought another pistol. The struggle is real...

You think he could get rid of that by any legal means? LOL

My dad used to say to me that I shouldn't buy any guns simply because he has everything I'd ever want to shoot. All of his guns were made before 1960, Instead of getting into C&R, I went out and bought modern guns.
He has liked them all so far, and especially likes my Sig P226.
I usually complain about plastic guns, but it seems to be what I'm leaning toward in an EDC... just seems right.

I'd buy you G43X, @Kruel J , but I promised my GF I would wait until about mid March before I bought another pistol. The struggle is real...

No worries brother. The struggle is what you make of it.

I get the notion of disliking the "mall ninja" or faux "operator" BS that one sometimes sees around AR15 types of rifles....But to say that every AR15 owner is like that , is foolish.

Of course A table full of muzzleloaders will get my interest faster that a table full of AR15's...but that is not to say that one is superior than another...just that I prefer one to another.

It would be a boring forum and gun world if we all liked and shoot the same....
Andy
I think the deciding factor is whether something is "tacticool" vs "practicool"... I may have made the last one up.

It was a generalization made about AR owners, not at me specifically.
It's ok I like to generalize too. So I figure if I get in one generalized category, it makes up for me doing it to others.

Circle of life.

If it goes bang, and thrusts forward a projectile........ well I am an enthusiast.

Done.
s0093.gif

I killed a bull elk with a .556 AR once. About 12 yards I think. It only took one shot near the ear. It did not pass through.Forget what kind of ball I used. I had to creep on up in there.

My biggest issue with the "Mall Ninja" , "Keyboard Commandos" , "Chairborne Rangers" and such is...

Is when they try and tell me just how wrong I am about certain military matters or certain types of firearms that I actually used , or had used against me , you know , while I was in the Army , in combat....

Andy

Buying a cheap gun such as a Hi-Point or a Kel-Tec is like buying tools from Harbor Freight. Most are junk, but every now and then the sun shines the right way and you get a good one. The difference is you're not fixing your vehicle, you're defending your life and your loved ones.

Why risk it?

Naturally. That's why I said "And the outright junk is to be avoided like any other worthless tools." My point is much like @Stomper's; I know what I find interesting and/or what works for me and, candidly, don't give a rip what others think of the collection.

I get the notion of disliking the "mall ninja" or faux "operator" BS that one sometimes sees around AR15 types of rifles....But to say that every AR15 owner is like that , is foolish.

True. Painting every AR-15 owner as a "mall ninja" is asinine. If for no other reason of how widespread the usage of said platform is these days.

My biggest issue with the "Mall Ninja" , "Keyboard Commandos" , "Chairborne Rangers" and such is...

Is when they try and tell me just how wrong I am about certain military matters or certain types of firearms that I actually used , you know , while I was in the Army , in combat....

Andy

And know us lowly civilian "mall ninjas" have your back, sir.

Is when they try and tell me just how wrong I am about certain military matters or certain types of firearms that I actually used , you know , while I was in the Army , in combat....
Andy

Ive learned allot about combat weaponry from your posts, even though your collection doesn't reflect it. You could write a book I am sure.

I have a Hi Point carbine, an AR, a Ruger P85, and an old JC Higgins 12ga... they all fill needs and works good, as long as they're taken care of :) the Hi Point... it gets brought along with the P85 as a 9mm camp gun, when I don't feel the need to have the AR alongside :D sharing ammo makes sense to my budget :cool:

That said, I do also like the older stuff too... and I don't mind trying out muzzle loaders and cap&ball firearms :p

And know us lowly civilian "mall ninjas" have your back, sir.
I am damn glad of that...

Ive learned allot about combat weaponry from your posts, even though your collection doesn't reflect it. You could write a book I am sure.
Thank you...but I think my book would be of interest to only a few...
Andy

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top