JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
True. Painting every AR-15 owner as a "mall ninja" is asinine. If for no other reason of how widespread the usage of said platform is these days.

Bought my first AR in 1996. Had 3 choices....Colt, Bushmaster and Olympic.

I went with Bushmaster. No furniture, no Magpul, keymod or M-Lock options. Triggers, billet receivers or stainless steel barrels? Back then we never heard of them. And paid more for a basic A2 profile rifle than most pay for "tacticool" these days. :)

I am damn glad of that...

Thank you...but I think my book would be of interest to only a few...
Andy
I'd be interested in reading some stories from your experience, not just in muzzleloaders and the like but also your military experiences, the lessons you've learned.... perhaps a monthly article on NWFA simular to American Rifleman's old Coops Corner articles?

I have a Hi Point carbine, an AR, a Ruger P85, and an old JC Higgins 12ga... they all fill needs and works good, as long as they're taken care of :) the Hi Point... it gets brought along with the P85 as a 9mm camp gun, when I don't feel the need to have the AR alongside :D sharing ammo makes sense to my budget :cool:

That said, I do also like the older stuff too... and I don't mind trying out muzzle loaders and cap&ball firearms :p

My first handgun was a P89. I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for P-series guns.

The Hi-Point carbine? There's really no good excuse for that one. :D

I am looking for (in all seriousness), is one that will work, when I hope it will.
Most my picks are based on that. I just don't want to be that guy that grabbed his Jennings Saturday Night Special, and died that day. I probably could have more, but prefer having reliable.

My biggest issue with the "Mall Ninja" , "Keyboard Commandos" , "Chairborne Rangers" and such is...

Is when they try and tell me just how wrong I am about certain military matters or certain types of firearms that I actually used , you know , while I was in the Army , in combat....

Andy

This. Some are in the camp of "not having to guess" when it comes to the use of gear/firearms.

I think it goes both ways. The hi-cap/black rifle/wonder 9 crowd always laugh at the older stuff like 1911s or even Sig P-series guns. Sometimes the guys who use older guns are unwilling to see the merits of technology.

Glocks are becoming the new old-guy gun. How many things have we heard about the "lack of innovation" or all the effort to build a "Glock 19 killer".

This. Some are in the camp of "not having to guess" when it comes to the use of gear/firearms.

I think it goes both ways. The hi-cap/black rifle/wonder 9 crowd always laugh at the older stuff like 1911s or even Sig P-series guns. Sometimes the guys who use older guns are unwilling to see the merits of technology.

Glocks are becoming the new old-guy gun. How many things have we heard about the "lack of innovation" or all the effort to build a "Glock 19 killer".

You're a b!tch. Glocks rule!

J/K brother. :p

I'd be interested in reading some stories from your experience, not just in muzzleloaders and the like but also your military experiences, the lessons you've learned.... perhaps a monthly article on NWFA simular to American Rifleman's old Coops Corner articles?

Thank you ...I'll have to give that some serious thought.
Andy

I just love guns, doesnt really matter what. I own a cap lock muzzleloader (hopefully soon a flintlock) to ARs with holographic sights and now a pistol with a red dot, and many in between. Every single one I enjoy.

If Joe handed out badges for these I'd probably rock it.

First I've heard of the chairborne ranger. Made me laugh. I thought I've heard them all.

Ah yes...the much dreaded , most awesome , feared by all Chairborne Ranger...:D
Actually truth be told...all of my parachute jumps were at night...'Cause I always kept my eyes closed...:eek::D
Andy

If Joe handed out badges for these I'd probably rock it.

First I've heard of the chairborne ranger. Made me laugh. I thought I've heard them all.

Funny story. My department bought us these $350 5.11 "covert" jackets that just scream "IM THE ONE WITH THE GUN! ME ME ME ME!". I'm sarcastic as hell and I know I can be a pain to my superiors. I put these patches on my jacket:

EBF99A4F-4F76-44D6-B823-216178503D03.jpeg

825ED756-5951-48FE-AFB6-473FE32F1BED.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class