JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Does @Joe Link still own that Hi Point?!!!:rolleyes::D
You think he could get rid of that by any legal means? LOL

My dad used to say to me that I shouldn't buy any guns simply because he has everything I'd ever want to shoot. All of his guns were made before 1960, Instead of getting into C&R, I went out and bought modern guns.
He has liked them all so far, and especially likes my Sig P226.
I usually complain about plastic guns, but it seems to be what I'm leaning toward in an EDC... just seems right.

I'd buy you G43X, @Kruel J , but I promised my GF I would wait until about mid March before I bought another pistol. The struggle is real...

You think he could get rid of that by any legal means? LOL

My dad used to say to me that I shouldn't buy any guns simply because he has everything I'd ever want to shoot. All of his guns were made before 1960, Instead of getting into C&R, I went out and bought modern guns.
He has liked them all so far, and especially likes my Sig P226.
I usually complain about plastic guns, but it seems to be what I'm leaning toward in an EDC... just seems right.

I'd buy you G43X, @Kruel J , but I promised my GF I would wait until about mid March before I bought another pistol. The struggle is real...

No worries brother. The struggle is what you make of it.

I get the notion of disliking the "mall ninja" or faux "operator" BS that one sometimes sees around AR15 types of rifles....But to say that every AR15 owner is like that , is foolish.

Of course A table full of muzzleloaders will get my interest faster that a table full of AR15's...but that is not to say that one is superior than another...just that I prefer one to another.

It would be a boring forum and gun world if we all liked and shoot the same....
Andy
I think the deciding factor is whether something is "tacticool" vs "practicool"... I may have made the last one up.

It was a generalization made about AR owners, not at me specifically.
It's ok I like to generalize too. So I figure if I get in one generalized category, it makes up for me doing it to others.

Circle of life.

If it goes bang, and thrusts forward a projectile........ well I am an enthusiast.

Done.
s0093.gif

I killed a bull elk with a .556 AR once. About 12 yards I think. It only took one shot near the ear. It did not pass through.Forget what kind of ball I used. I had to creep on up in there.

My biggest issue with the "Mall Ninja" , "Keyboard Commandos" , "Chairborne Rangers" and such is...

Is when they try and tell me just how wrong I am about certain military matters or certain types of firearms that I actually used , or had used against me , you know , while I was in the Army , in combat....

Andy

Buying a cheap gun such as a Hi-Point or a Kel-Tec is like buying tools from Harbor Freight. Most are junk, but every now and then the sun shines the right way and you get a good one. The difference is you're not fixing your vehicle, you're defending your life and your loved ones.

Why risk it?

Naturally. That's why I said "And the outright junk is to be avoided like any other worthless tools." My point is much like @Stomper's; I know what I find interesting and/or what works for me and, candidly, don't give a rip what others think of the collection.

I get the notion of disliking the "mall ninja" or faux "operator" BS that one sometimes sees around AR15 types of rifles....But to say that every AR15 owner is like that , is foolish.

True. Painting every AR-15 owner as a "mall ninja" is asinine. If for no other reason of how widespread the usage of said platform is these days.

My biggest issue with the "Mall Ninja" , "Keyboard Commandos" , "Chairborne Rangers" and such is...

Is when they try and tell me just how wrong I am about certain military matters or certain types of firearms that I actually used , you know , while I was in the Army , in combat....

Andy

And know us lowly civilian "mall ninjas" have your back, sir.

Is when they try and tell me just how wrong I am about certain military matters or certain types of firearms that I actually used , you know , while I was in the Army , in combat....
Andy

Ive learned allot about combat weaponry from your posts, even though your collection doesn't reflect it. You could write a book I am sure.

I have a Hi Point carbine, an AR, a Ruger P85, and an old JC Higgins 12ga... they all fill needs and works good, as long as they're taken care of :) the Hi Point... it gets brought along with the P85 as a 9mm camp gun, when I don't feel the need to have the AR alongside :D sharing ammo makes sense to my budget :cool:

That said, I do also like the older stuff too... and I don't mind trying out muzzle loaders and cap&ball firearms :p

And know us lowly civilian "mall ninjas" have your back, sir.
I am damn glad of that...

Ive learned allot about combat weaponry from your posts, even though your collection doesn't reflect it. You could write a book I am sure.
Thank you...but I think my book would be of interest to only a few...
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads