JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Honestly, given all the crap to Hi Point... their carbines just.... seems to be pretty simple and reliable. Their magazines though.... not the best. But thats about it. Straight blowback, a massive bolt made of cast zamak (zinc, aluminum, magneseum, etc), striker fire system like the Glock, molded plastic, pinned steel barrel, cast or forged receiver frame, enough engineering to get it all to work... gotta admit, its far better than zip guns or those "home shop firearms" made of sewage pipe and 2x4s.. and the basic function/ internal parts have not changed since 1995ish. Only advances in injection molding/"ergonomics" and the addition of threaded muzzle ends starting with the 10mm version... the toolings all paid for, the relatively limited R&D is all done... made in the USA as economically as possible :rolleyes: ((or as cheaply as one would like to say)) .. Ya know what... all the "ka booms/broken hi points" have always been either the pistols that broke.. or bad ammo, but never the basic carbine design itself :confused:

Anyways. Yeah. @EPS ; good luck finding a 10mm Carbine for 150 :D 45 cal maybe. 9mm oh yea thats easy...

Anyways. Yeah. @EPS ; good luck finding a 10mm Carbine for 150 :D 45 cal maybe. 9mm oh yea thats easy...

Sadly the $150 "Ugly Stick" is long gone. They are over twice that now. When they first hit they reminded many of us of the original Planet of the Apes movie prop rifles. Sold so well someone started making a better looking stock for them. Now they come with a much improved look and price :)

Sadly the $150 "Ugly Stick" is long gone. They are over twice that now. When they first hit they reminded many of us of the original Planet of the Apes movie prop rifles. Sold so well someone started making a better looking stock for them. Now they come with a much improved look and price :)
I got a 100 dollar ugly stick.
Lol but it's a fishing pole.

Talking abt the ATI "CX" lookalike stock; that Hi Point specifically, in print, says may void warranties due to something about the rigidity?
:rolleyes:
Now theres a cool bullpup stock out for both the 9mm/380 and the .40/.45/10mm versions... bit spendy but in the end, theres no other bullpup centerfire PCC under $500 available in the U.S.A.

They aint even "twice" the $150 new except for the 10mm and .45 ACP. Routinely see them on sale from $250 to 280. Used may be the only route for @EPS to score a PCC
for $150... and I make gear for the donkey equipment 20rd mags :D:cool: someone scored a 1095ts for $200 OTD at a pawn shop recently.

Talking abt the ATI "CX" lookalike stock; that Hi Point specifically, in print, says may void warranties due to something about the rigidity?
:rolleyes:
Now theres a cool bullpup stock out for both the 9mm/380 and the .40/.45/10mm versions... bit spendy but in the end, theres no other bullpup centerfire PCC under $500 available in the U.S.A.

They aint even "twice" the $150 new except for the 10mm and .45 ACP. Routinely see them on sale from $250 to 280. Used may be the only route for @EPS to score a PCC
for $150... and I make gear for the donkey equipment 20rd mags :D:cool: someone scored a 1095ts for $200 OTD at a pawn shop recently.

Did not know they had come down that much, that is good. During the great panic they of course shot up to unreal prices. Last I had paid attention they were still in the close to $350. Nice to hear they have come down to under $300 again!
I had seen a bullpup stock for them a while back that was new at the time. Sure looked like a neat little idea at the time. Just shows how many of these things sell that the after market is making stuff for them. The only reason I never got one was the mags. Even with those they must be selling damn well.

Yeah, the Bullpup stock from High Tower Armory (makers of excellent 10/22 BP stocks by the way) is available now, even though its $250 I think? However... its not just the stock, but also 2 well machined aluminum Picatinny rails and last I know, the stock also has a plug in the magazine well, clearly for a future high capacity, low profile magazine that they may make if enough of the stock sells.. My guess is that the magazine would be similar in shape to the Tokarev or Makarov coffin magazine, a double stack main body with a single stack upper portion to fit into the receiver. This may mean a shorter 20rd magazine, a flush fit 15 rounder, or something like that. Possibly they go crazy and do a stepped quad to double to single stack "mini drum" :eek: if there's space for a quad in the stock lol

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top