JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
img_3295.jpg
AMERICA :D

I have some old wood & steel guns, and some new plastic guns. Sometimes I wonder how well the plastic will hold up over time.

Grandpa's old single-shot 12 gauge will still kill a deer without crumbling to bits, but will my plastic guns be that sturdy when they're that old?

But really, if it goes bang and I can shoot it accurately, it's fine.

Now, if I can find a laser to mount onto my keyboard...

F6CDE197-1697-4C7D-B7A7-8AFD5D365C98.jpeg

Buying a cheap gun such as a Hi-Point or a Kel-Tec is like buying tools from Harbor Freight. Most are junk, but every now and then the sun shines the right way and you get a good one. The difference is you're not fixing your vehicle, you're defending your life and your loved ones.

Why risk it?
this is why i buy snap-on tools, theyre the glock of the tool world

while hipoint and keltec are the harborfreight or matco for all i care

:s0135:

Buying a cheap gun such as a Hi-Point or a Kel-Tec is like buying tools from Harbor Freight. Most are junk, but every now and then the sun shines the right way and you get a good one. The difference is you're not fixing your vehicle, you're defending your life and your loved ones.
Why risk it?
Harbor Freight has dramatically improved since the '80's.

You think he could get rid of that by any legal means?
Boating accident...

..but I think my book would be of interest to only a few...
The Redaction Squad would take a keen interest..

Bought my first AR in 1996. Had 3 choices....Colt, Bushmaster and Olympic.
My first AR was an Olympic. I got a well made one, and it's still chugging along.

My department bought us these $350 5.11 "covert" jackets that just scream "IM THE ONE WITH THE GUN! ME ME ME ME!". I'm sarcastic as hell and I know I can be a pain to my superiors. I put these patches on my jacket:
One for the other arm:
upload_2019-2-11_22-47-9.png

And for your name tag....
upload_2019-2-11_22-47-56.png

I remember those days. So not surprised Olympic is no longer with us. Well, I read somewhere they were bought out, but still. :s0112:
I remember drooling over the ads for OA-93 pistols, but being under age and not rich there was no way to buy one. Then the 94-04 federal AWB complicated things, and now they are rare and command high prices. The 90's factor makes them more desirable than a CZ Scorpion (not the Vz-61) or Draco.

Meh.............what ever!:eek:

I like guns, some are better then others, but im likely to appreciate the qualities that make it good over the things that make it cool or popular. I like all kinds really, if you were to look inside my safe, you would be amazed at the number of wood and blued steel, many are pre 1950s, but there are also black ones, and even a few polly ones mixed in. Truth be told, i appreciate inovation IF it works and works well, is reliable, and lasts not to mention the most important part, accurate!
If I had to pick one rifle, one pistol, and one shot gun, i wouldnt jave any issues at all!:)

well if hi point is anything like sears, they'll be out of business soon :rolleyes:;)
only if they decided to go stupid and get bought out by Chinese marketers :rolleyes:

No sign of them getting out of business anytime soon, they just showed a redesigned hi point pistol (with a new magazine design!) at the SHOT show this year, although that thing looks way way weird :confused: and with the 10mm carbine selling very well from what I can see; I won't be surprised if the rest of the carbine line will get threaded barrels and the like.

Why risk it?
Made in usa, forever transferable warranty. I own 5 hipoints. They work, except for two I haven't shot yet, hopefully they work:)

Edit: And yes I do shop at harbor freight.

Love my HF gloves for work.

20190212_005052.jpg

Last Edited:
And to demonstrate that they stand for their unlimited warranty.. theres that one guy whose 995 was literally in a fire... he sent it in, and they practically replaced everything but the sn free of charge :eek:
I have seen some crazy destruction videos where they wanted to test the warranty. The guns are tough what they are.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top