Guns, like people, get old... and usually not better. A rant....

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Kruel J, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Kruel J

Kruel J
    Orygun
    Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Lifetime Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

Not really. But I find it so funny that some people think only "true gun enthusiasts" MUST like 1903's or M1's or muzzle loaders or flint locks. Like it's a "cool kid" club and any Glock or AR owner need not apply.

I happen to like ALL guns, except Hi-Points and Kel-Tecs. That's pretty much common sense there. But just because I like black rifles and modular weapon systems doesn't mean I'm a "mall ninja" or a wannabe. It just means I like what I like. So to those that rant and rave about how AR's are only owned by posers or Glocks are just tupperware garbage, please consider that these are all just firearms and the owners of them are on the same side as you. We can also send more lead downrange faster and reload easier, generally speaking.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Patriot1668, Pete F, draza and 19 others like this.
  2. Reno911

Reno911
    Hillsboro
    Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer 2018 Volunteer

:s0093:

EPS, Patriot1668, Pete F and 11 others like this.
  3. Kruel J

Kruel J
    Orygun
    Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Lifetime Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

Patriot1668, parallax, Ura-Ki and 5 others like this.
  4. clearconscience

clearconscience
    Vancouver, WA
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

I always wait for Andy’s response.

5. Stomper

Stomper
    Plata O Plomo....
    Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter 2018 Volunteer

I’m not @AndyinEverson, but I don’t really give a bubblegum what anyone thinks... about anything. o_O

;)

6. Kruel J

Kruel J
    Orygun

Same. We don't always see eye to eye but I look forward to his thoughts. See? Even a "mall ninja wannabe" like me looks forwards to learning about guns that were born long before my father. :)

Pete F, parallax, Joe Link and 6 others like this.
  7. Stomper

Stomper
    Plata O Plomo....
    Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter 2018 Volunteer

... or his father’s father’s father... any further back, and we’re just throwing rocks and insulting everyone’s mothers on the battlefield. ;)

8. Kruel J

Kruel J
    Orygun

LOL. And I know for a fact Mr. InEverson has an AR and at least appreciates Glocks simplicity. See? It goes both ways.

Pete F, Ura-Ki, Taco_lean and 3 others like this.
  9. 11Charlie

11Charlie
    IN COMING!!!
    Moderator Staff Member Diamond Supporter Gold Supporter 2017 Volunteer

Does @Joe Link still own that Hi Point?!!!:rolleyes::D

10. ron

ron
    Vancouver, Washington
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

If you shoot a M1 across the course you will appreciate the mouse gun, (AR) so much more.:D
    The AR with modular design change out lowers and uppers, barrel change, no bedding that wears
    out rules Highpower.:D I like shooting M1s and ARs. CMP "Special' , AR 'Service Rifle'
    P1000069.JPG
    DSC00157.JPG

Pete F, Dungannon, Ura-Ki and 5 others like this.
  11. v0lcom13sn0w

v0lcom13sn0w
    Keizer
    This title is LCS CUSTOM! Staff Member Gold Supporter

cash money pimp gun?

12. AndyinEverson

AndyinEverson
    Everson, Wa.
    Moderator with a Black powder affinity... Staff Member Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

AR15.jpg
    Well to me my AR Carbine here...is not different from ...
    DSC06814.jpg
    My J.Henry Trade Rifle circa 1800...
    Both are just rifles...made to put their projectile accurately on target.

I certainly hope that I have never come across as a :
    You need to own a flintlock to be cool or talk to me kinda guy.

Firearms come in many designs and materials...all of which have their place , use and fans.
    All I really ask is that one uses their firearms in the safest manner that fits their situation.
    Andy

13. 11Charlie

11Charlie
    IN COMING!!!

Yep!!:s0112:

14. 11Charlie

11Charlie
    IN COMING!!!

No you haven't! I just think @Kruel J wanted your opinion on this matter because you own and shoot both.

Ura-Ki, No_Regerts and AndyinEverson like this.
  15. Kruel J

Kruel J
    Orygun

No no, the original assumption was correct. ;):p

16. Kruel J

Kruel J
    Orygun

I guess my point here is I get tired of the "mall ninja" moniker. Yes, I own a plate carrier and a belt system. Yes, I own lots of Glocks and AR's. I'm not an "operator" (I hate that term BTW).

I'm a dude that shoots and likes firearms. Respects his country, his family, his freedom and his flag. If you don't like that or feel that my choice of guns goes against everything you stand for maybe YOU should look in the mirror and ask yourself exactly WHERE does all the divisiveness originate....

Pete F, Koda, Ura-Ki and 4 others like this.
  17. CountryGent

CountryGent
    Southern Oregon
    Ebullient Moderator Staff Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter

^ This, more or less. My tastes in firearms (like so many other aspects of life) has always been fluid, eclectic, and highly personal. I know what I like and when that shifts, so does the collection and the activities surrounding said. There are some firearms that simply have never held any interest, and may never, but others might, so good for them. And the outright junk is to be avoided like any other worthless tools. As with much of life's activities, I simply am not concerned with other's view of said, and if I am going to expend mental energy on something, I prefer it to be on something fruitful.

Suum cuique.

18. Kruel J

Kruel J
    Orygun

Buying a cheap gun such as a Hi-Point or a Kel-Tec is like buying tools from Harbor Freight. Most are junk, but every now and then the sun shines the right way and you get a good one. The difference is you're not fixing your vehicle, you're defending your life and your loved ones.

Why risk it?

Pete F, GKPrice, PNWguy and 2 others like this.
  19. AndyinEverson

AndyinEverson
    Everson, Wa.
    Moderator with a Black powder affinity... Staff Member Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

I get the notion of disliking the "mall ninja" or faux "operator" BS that one sometimes sees around AR15 types of rifles....But to say that every AR15 owner is like that , is foolish.

Of course A table full of muzzleloaders will get my interest faster that a table full of AR15's...but that is not to say that one is superior than another...just that I prefer one to another.

It would be a boring forum and gun world if we all liked and shot the same firearms....
    Andy

Pete F, KKG, BillGabby1 and 8 others like this.
  20. Kruel J

Kruel J
    Orygun

I couldn't agree more, sir.