JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought an old Stevens 325c bolt action .30-30 off a member here a few years ago. It was beat up, but I bought it for a camping, hiking, scouting, and general "beater" gun. I recently picked up an Eberlestock pack on clearance (got it like 60% off!!!) and was packing said 325 in it the other day.

KIMG0474.JPG

The pack was pulling in a weird way and making my left shoulder ache. Rather than adjust the pack, I pulled lightly on the butt off the 325. I heard a crack and was afraid it was the carbon fiber frame of the pack. Checked the rifle after I got back to my truck and realized I had cracked the stock right at the bolt handle.

So, I figured what the heck, and ordered a Boyd's stock for it. Stock was a few bucks more than I paid for the rifle, but I want to continue to carry it. Since I was ordering one, I went ahead and ordered a thumbhole stock for my Remington 788 in 243, too.

They came today.

KIMG0594.JPG

This was approved today and I picked up two additional mags. I have a ghost 3.5 connector and c&h protective mos plate on the way. Now I need to order a redhill tactical holster! I already had an apex trigger and ameriglo suppressor sights waiting.

01E5431C-505B-46E2-B102-D7EBDD36A5C8.jpeg

A supposedly used glock 42. Looks brand new. Wife and i are spending the week in prineville. Checked out the 2 local gun shops. Saw the glock 42 at the 2nd one, bullseye firearms. Nice shop. Went back a couple of hours later and picked it up.

I got 2 lbs of Reloader 26 at our local Bimart. Yes, I had to make 2 trips because they will only sell you a pound at a time. Worth it though. Pretty hard to find even when there isn't a pandemic going on and I've never seen it at Bimart.

I haven't seen powder at my BiMart in months
Good grab!
DVOR had some Troy AR grips for $7 bucks so I got a couple.
I have decided to quit buying from DVOR and Optics Planet (same retailer). I used to love them, but their deliveries have taken so long lately that sometimes I have forgotten that I ordered it and started shopping for an item again.:s0140:

The first time was Optics Planet. They said that the items would ship in 1 - 3 days. Three weeks later, still no shipping estimate. I cancelled the order and found it cheaper somewhere else and got it in less than a week.

DVOR is fairly new Optics Planet outlet store and always has extended shipping times, up to 3 - 4 weeks. I ordered a bunch of items that they said would ship in 3 - 5 days and one item took a month and the others took two weeks. Be careful to look to see when they say they will ship and double it. My last order was on June 25th. One item now says will ship August 19th and the other three items still do not even have a ship date yet. I sent them a nasty-gram and asked if I would get them by Christmas. One of the items is a Competition Electronics Prochrono LTD Chronograph that I really wanted to try out this summer. Receiving a chronograph in the winter just cuts into the warranty period. I also pointed out that Optics Planet had a couple of the items in stock.

It is too bad because I got some really great deals from DVOR (6 orders all $100+) and have dealt with Optics Planet for many years without a problem. This is not just from the COVID-19 problem.

Last Edited:
I have decided to quit buying from DVOR and Optics Planet (same retailer). I used to love them, but their deliveries have taken so long lately that sometimes I have forgotten that I ordered it and started shopping for an item again.:s0140:

The first time was Optics Planet. They said that the items would ship in 1 - 3 days. Three weeks later, still no shipping estimate. I cancelled the order and found it cheaper somewhere else and got it in less than a week.

DVOR is fairly new Optics Planet outlet store and always has extended shipping times, up to 3 - 4 weeks. I ordered a bunch of items that they said would ship in 3 - 5 days and one item took a month and the others took two weeks. Be careful to look to see when they say they will ship and double it. My last order was on June 25th. One item now says will ship August 19th and the other three items still do not even have a ship date yet. I sent them a nasty-gram and asked if I would get them by Christmas. One of the items is a Competition Electronics Prochrono LTD Chronograph that I really wanted to try out this summer. Receiving a chronograph in the winter just cuts into the warranty period. I also pointed out that Optics Planet had a couple of the items in stock.

It is too bad because I got some really great deals from DVOR (6 orders all $100+) and have dealt with Optics Planet for many years without a problem. This is not just from the COVID-19 problem.

Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

I stopped buying from Optics Planet a couple of years ago. Messy website, long delivery wait times etc. They did have good customer service tho, but calling CS usually means you have a problem. Haven't missed them, there's lots of other places to shop. No longer care what their deals are. People still shop at CTD? They have low prices. No.

Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.
I hate to cut them off, but the shipping times are just too long. I can usually find the same item for close to the same price somewhere else and get it in a reasonable time. DVOR was great at first and Optics Planet had a great reputation. Maybe they will fix their problems.

If you don't need an item right away, they are still good retailers.

I hate to cut them off, but the shipping times are just too long. I can usually find the same item for close to the same price somewhere else and get it in a reasonable time. DVOR was great at first and Optics Planet had a great reputation. Maybe they will fix their problems.

If you don't need an item right away, they are still good retailers.

I think your assessment is spot on, if you don't think you need something "right now" - but I've never bought gun accessories in a hurry so I can't relate. Dvor had gen 3 white phosphor autogated PVS14 for well under any competition not thet long ago. They had the steiner Dbal A3 in stock for what seemed like a good price - later Primary arms had the same thing in stock for $119 less. After 1 email to opticsplanet they credited me $120 back as part of their price match program.

I like to compare PA to Opticsplanet and between the two, they often beat prices on anything I am looking at along those lines.

I'd like to find some $16 BAD levers, they used to sell for that on sale, haven't found them anywhere close to that in the past year.

Meh
I'll stick with Optics Planet & DVOR I am satisfied with the service I've gotten
Between them and Midway I can pretty much get anything I want.

Last Edited:
Got some mags for my wife's grandpa's model 52 this week for which all the originals are missing/misplaced. Got a 10 rnd Pro Mag that fit like, not at all. It was so bad it had me convinced there was a problem with the gun. 2 each 5 rnd Wisner magazines arrived today and they fit perfectly, have nice solid construction and a metal follower unlike the Pro Mag's plastic one. Lesson learned.
Also arrived this week - Urban Carry OWB holster for my M&P and some miscellaneous cleaning supplies.

I'm looking at the new Crossbreed shoulder holster
They want a pre-order but don't ask for my size or what gun I want it for.

I didn't realize Crossbreed was doing a shoulder holster. I took a look but don't see it on their site right now. Maybe the order page was not working properly and they pulled it for now?

I didn't realize Crossbreed was doing a shoulder holster. I took a look but don't see it on their site right now. Maybe the order page was not working properly and they pulled it for now?
It is a pre-order option And I apologize It is a CHEST RIG. I was wrong calling it a shoulder holster.
I just placed an order for a G-19 setup

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR