JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So today I purchased a new optic through Optics Planet. It was a Leupold scope. Couple hours later I got this:

Congratulations on your recent purchase!
Your product qualifies for extended warranty coverage.
Get a 2-year Protection Plan starting at $51.99 BUY NOW
Hurry! This exclusive offer is available for a limited time only.
100% Parts & Labor Protection
If we Can't Fix it, We Replace It
Award Winning Service Guaranteed
Buy now and avoid the expense of costly repairs.
Purchase your plan today!!!

$52 extra for something that has an unlimited warranty from the manufacturer??!!! I do realize that this is probably a generic extended warranty from OP but really??

Last edited by a moderator:
I went out to function test my EAA Witness Steel Compact the other day and discovered that the magazine that came with the gun wouldn't feed. The bullets just nosedived. The extra magazines that I bought were exactly the same EAA magazines and they ran flawlessly. It pays to check all of your magazines and not just the gun!

The magazines are different than any that I have seen. There is a metal guide that runs the length of the magazine - see picture. The bad one had a guide that was much thinner than the others. For all of the EAA naysayers out there that say that EAA has bad customer service, I sent them an email and they told me to send it in and they would replace it - $1.92 mailing charge.
P3100002.JPG

So today I purchased a new optic through Optics Planet. It was a Leupold scope. Couple hours later I got this

$52 extra for something that has an unlimited warranty from the manufacturer??!!! I do realize that this is probably a generic extended warranty from OP but really??

Guessing they probably get some people who buy their warranty, so it's a small thing for them to send to every buyer in hopes some are unaware of the warranty on Leupold scopes.

I guess one could call it a purchase because it cost me $30, but my FFL 03 Relics and Curios license FINALLY arrived. Some have said that I should have not gotten it due to the extra paperwork, risk of ATF inspections, safety requirements [mandatory vs optional gun/safety locks], etc. So far the only benefit I know of is that 'Relics and Curios' can be shipped directly to me - bypassing any federally licensed firearms dealers, thus savings me the processing charge that most charge [$25 - $50]. Should anyone know of more benefits, please let me and other readers know.

Carlson Longbeard Turkey Choke and a pair of Vortex Crossfire binoculars. Also got the option to add warranty to them from OP but decided I trust Vortex plenty lol

this month (and my wife) have been good to me. Was able to pick up a Browning X-bolt in 6.5creedmoor and the next weekend got a Leupold Vx-Freedom for my AR that has been sadly opticless for 10 years. Both were purchased from NWFA members.

roll pin set, replacement punches (have a couple broken ones) another set of grips with a slimmer profile and different color than the first set I ordered, freeze spray, loctite, and another red mlok pic rail for the grendel.

All from amazon with same day shipping.

So got my tritium night sights installed and put loctite on the rear sight slot on the slide, sprayed the sight with refrigerant, gently tapped into place with the brass punch, and now its warming back up and gotta let it sit overnight for the loctite to properly cure and should be rock solid.

Let me tell you though...that freeze spray works awesome at getting these sights in and out easily!
The grip color really pops in this picture.
20190312_194049.jpg
20190312_195050.jpg 20190312_195142.jpg 20190312_195205.jpg

The orange grips will be here some day...lol
I'll fire it eventually too...:eek: new sights and new grips and it hasn't even been fired yet!

Though I am kinda waiting on my ammo to show up tomorrow.

Speaking of that...my case of 500rds tulammo .308 also showed up today!:D 9mm ammo is supposed to show up tomorrow.

First: Boboclown - should you be the navy Master Chief, I want to thank you for your military service. Me? 23 1/2 yrs, retiring from the AF as Senior Master Sergeant (SMSgt/E8) after getting screwed out of the Chief (CMSgt/E9) stripe by the unit commander, a "Ring Knocker", after the promotion board had already selected me for. For you civilians, that's a military academy graduate. This "grad" is always 'knocking' her/his academy ring against something, thus insuring that: (a) everyone within hearing recognizes here is an "academy graduate"; (b) get ready to bow down; and (c) do her/his bidding [in other words, kiss her/his lily white A _ _]. The Navy does seem to be different in that the naval officers treat the enlisted with respect, whereas the AF Academy continues to teach its cadets that USAF officers must adhere to and maintain the caste system built to separate the commissioned from the non-commissioned officers and enlisted personnel. They, the officers, are taught that they are god-like and must be treated that way while the enlisted are a separate, lower class of sub-humans. Seriously, the better officers are either commissioned through the ROTC program or are "90 day wonders" – commissioned through the AF Officer-Training-School (OTS). I can only think of maybe 5 or 6 Air Force non-Academy officers that I would 'willing' follow into combat. Granted, I never saw any combat or hazardous duty; during Nam, my SEA tour was 13 months in Thailand; and I only had one 3-year assignment to a "combat" unit in Germany. But we senior NCOs had a saying amongst ourselves that distinguished the good from the bad AF officers, those that could be trusted to treat the enlisted under their command with honesty, trust, and respect, and that was: "I'll take so-and-so in my foxhole anytime, and any day." I'll get off the 'soap box'; thanks for letting me vent.

Second: I'm assuming that "freezing" the rear sight makes the metal shrink ever so slightly so there is less binding as the sight slides into the mating dovetail. As the old Gunny would have said, "OUTSTANDING!" – I personally would have never thought of that! I recently purchased two sets of night sights for Glocks that I will have to try that trick on. That pistol looks great; shame that I'm not in the market for another toy right now [to be more honest – the wife is not ready for me to get another toy!] Third: While at my favorite gun shop yesterday, the owner's son wanted to move his surplus 16ga shotshells; let me have them at $5 off per box [12 boxes Fed Game Loads, 1 oz, #7 1/2 and 2 boxes Win Super X, 1 oz, #6].

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top