JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some pretty cheap JHP's on sale at Midway.

134716.jpg

Purchased my new POF AR in 308 today. Yes, its an AR not an AR10. Weighs in at 7.3 lbs (dry) with a 16.5" bbl (1:10 twist). Put a Harris bipod on it and will follow with a Vortex 1-8x24 optic on it Monday. Will try to get out tomorrow before the weather turns.
Merry Christmas to me!
20171213_160800.jpg 20171213_160753.jpg

Last Edited:
Purchased my new POF AR in 308 today. Yes, its an AR not an AR10. Weighs in at 7.3 lbs (dry) with a 16.5" bbl (1:10 twist). Put a Harris bipod on it and will follow with a Vortex 1-8x24 optic on it Monday. Will try to get out tomorrow before the weather turns.
Merry Christmas to me!
View attachment 413122 View attachment 413123

Can you explain what you mean by "its an AR not an AR10"?

I received a Chinese type 63 chest rig 1976 vintage. Ordered a new Surefire light and more CR123 batteries. Last week I picked up two pounds of H 4350 and one pound of Unique. Also got a four inch set of soft magnetic jaws for my vise to clamp long gun barrels in for maintenance.

Can you explain what you mean by "its an AR not an AR10"?
The bolt group, charging handle and the receiver are the same size as 223/5.56 They (POF-USA) reworked everything to make the rifle lighter and more manageable for CQC. Rifle checks in at 7.3 lbs. They made the bolt carrier stronger without making it bigger and heavier.
The reason I said it is not an AR10 is because one automatically thinks of an AR10 as being heavy, and this one is not.

The bolt group, charging handle and the receiver are the same size as 223/5.56 They (POF-USA) reworked everything to make the rifle lighter and more manageable for CQC. Rifle checks in at 7.3 lbs. They made the bolt carrier stronger without making it bigger and heavier.
The reason I said it is not an AR10 is because one automatically thinks of an AR10 as being heavy, and this one is not.

Interesting. I just watched the video on POF's site. I'm curious to hear how you like it.

Merry Christmas to me!
View attachment 413122 View attachment 413123

That thing is SAHWEEET!!!!!! I was reading what all the internals are....you're going to have some fun :)

Got a package from Vltor today... an A5 buffer tube.
It's about 3/4" longer than a carbine tube specifically for the A5 buffer system. It also has 7 positions instead of 6. I picked up the buffer and spring kit in a trade a while back and decided to give it a try. It's supposed to be half way between a rifle and carbine and smooth things out. I got a deal(if you consider $40 after shipping for a buffer tube a deal) was supposidly a cosmetic blem, but I couldn't find anything wrong with it.
I'll give a range report when I have a chance to shoot it.
Here's some pics that show the difference. IMG_3992.JPG IMG_3993.JPG IMG_3994.JPG IMG_3995.JPG

on the rifle now.. along with a few other new installs..making my own version of the MK12.

-18" Noveske SPR barrel
-PRI Carbon Fiber Handguard
-Vltor MUR-1 upper
all purchased from a member
-Magpul ACS
from another member
-Ergo Tactical Deluxe Grip
-Magpul ASAP
-Aero billet trigger guard that screws on instead of those pesky roll pins.

Not much left of the original build, pieces keep falling off and turning into other rifles. And now the Mega lower is glossy black, and everything else is flat black, so now i'm gunna have to replace that too... something billet that looks good with that sexy upper...and thus begins another rifle with the Mega's that are now going to be homeless againo_O
IMG_3997.JPG IMG_3998.JPG IMG_4008.JPG IMG_4014.JPG IMG_4018.JPG

Last Edited:
Hogue grip for my 22/45 MKIII. Sure is comfortable in my paws now.

B7C0387C-2546-42DD-8A35-5EDD9D7132B7.jpeg

Now I can go make more smoke rings:
860B2AF4-2852-488F-B576-4EAC63B8D22E.jpeg

I was beginning to think these didn't exist...
IMG_4032.JPG IMG_4033.JPG
See the difference between the normal 40grain SubSonic, and the Sniper SubSonic 60 grain. That's a 60 grain projectile coming out of a case about the size of a a .22 short!
I've had an eye out for these for a few years and this was the first chance I had to get my hands on some. Even so, at .20 cents per pew... I only bought a couple hundred rounds for special occasions.
I'll save em for when the Silencerco Spector2 gets out of jail.

Yes they are a pain to load
Using strip clips is the best way. it'll let in 3 in per lever pull...
so if it takes 50 rounds, 5 clips....:rolleyes:
....multiply the square root of pie...carry the 2 and.......should take about 175 pulls of the lever.;)
considering they all fly out at least once. and then you start over.

I sold the one I had in favor of a power bill months ago, and haven't had any desire to replace it.
They do look cool... that's why I bought on in the first place..and they cycle fine, but reloading in the field is not practical considering you could load 20 pmags in the same amount of time... and buy nearly as many for the price... and where do you carry it when it's empty? its not exactly LBE friendly...and you're not gunna drop a $130 mag on the go... all to save from doing a 2 second mag change?

Not a fan.
but seriously strip clips do make it wayyyy easier to load.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA

New Classified Ads

Back Top