JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You say that until you have way more mags for one rifle than the others.

Only 8 mags for the AUG, while I have almost 20 for the AK in the house right now. I'm also debating on getting a Bosnian mag for the sake of saying I have one, even though its over $100.

Numrich order with Rem 550-1 parts came today, and so did the caveman with rack like this to hold my favorite AR and 9 of its buddies...
5046E2D7-850B-4D85-8B18-5F6C2EA5A98B-1794-0000025AF28DE305_tmp.jpg

Going to have to build at least 5 more to fill it up;)
Went down to Sportsmans and picked up a new scope for my BO pistol, and an ASAP to go with the ACS that I got from a member last night for my SPR (only the 5th buttstock I've tried)hopefully it's the one. IMG_3904.JPG

My Man cave is getting awfully cluttered! I just cleaned it a month ago and look at it!
IMG_3905.JPG IMG_3906.JPG

Last Edited:
Been looking for an AR armorers wrench and you are the second person that didn't care for the Wheelers. What is the problem. I looked at it and it looked OK to a novice.

Pete, I'm not sure if this is the Wheeler AR wrench you saw.
D0DAC10D-8E42-4D83-8CD1-099B9B488869.jpeg
Notice that it is assembled from metal plates, riveted together. To my eye and hand they seem cheap and clunky! The stake that killed the Vampire was how clumsy it was in use!
Notice how the Brownell wrench is a single piece of forged steel! It is both strong and slender, the exact opposite of clumsy or clunky.

D489CAAF-82E8-43CF-9F09-F7F9CE1D68A6.jpeg

Pete, I'm not sure if this is the Wheeler AR wrench you saw.
View attachment 410940
Notice that it is assembled from metal plates, riveted together. To my eye and hand they seem cheap and clunky! The stake that killed the Vampire was how clumsy it was in use!
Notice how the Brownell wrench is a single piece of forged steel! It is both strong and slender, the exact opposite of clumsy or clunky.

View attachment 410942
Color me educated. Thanks.

I have a Wheeler's and am very luke-cool on it, but it does work. The Brownell's is clearly superior and I will buy one.

Yah, same opinion here. Clunky, but works.

Bought a wheeler at Sportsman's because I needed it to tighten up a stock for the next day.

So for folks not in a rush, get something else.

That Brownells looks decent, plus would put it in a range bag. The Wheeler? That's a stay at home bench tool.

I have a Wheeler's and am very luke-cool on it, but it does work. The Brownell's is clearly superior and I will buy one.

Yeah, I'm not generally in love with Wheeler Engeering' tools, although I got a Micro tool kit today and in spite of it being Chinese it's a nice set! YMMV!

Yeah, I'm not generally in love with Wheeler Engeering' tools, although I got a Micro tool kit today and in spite of it being Chinese it's a nice set! YMMV!
Stupid expensive and mediocre at best.. some of it is exactly the same as harbor freight... but they have the market cornered. If you need a smithing tool right now, on a sunday, they are the only option.

Some 190 grain.308 Nosler Projos.. Gotta get the sub sonic stash up to snuff. I heard from my LGS that they just had a form 4 come back in 5 months!! fingers crossed!

Sportsmans has all Nosler reloading bullets and brass 30% off right now! good deals!

Thanks for showing me around the Kelso store yesterday, I went back on the way through & picked up another box of 250 Nosler 155g BTHP bullets.;)

How's that Vortex 1x6 looking?

You say that until you have way more mags for one rifle than the others.

Only 8 mags for the AUG, while I have almost 20 for the AK in the house right now. I'm also debating on getting a Bosnian mag for the sake of saying I have one, even though its over $100.

I've got more than 60 but less than 100 AR magazines.... you may say that I have a problem and you may be correct because I'm workin my bubblegum off trying to get them filled with reloaded ammo...:p:p:p

Last Edited:
Numrich order with Rem 550-1 parts came today, and so did the caveman with rack like this to hold my favorite AR and 9 of its buddies...
View attachment 410970

Going to have to build at least 5 more to fill it up;)
Went down to Sportsmans and picked up a new scope for my BO pistol, and an ASAP to go with the ACS that I got from a member last night for my SPR (only the 5th buttstock I've tried)hopefully it's the one.View attachment 410935

My Man cave is getting awfully cluttered! I just cleaned it a month ago and look at it!
View attachment 410936 View attachment 410937

A 1000 sf addition to that side of your house would fix your man room problems until you fill that one up to...:D:D:D

I took a chance on American reloaders 250 count of 125g HP in .308. for my 300BLK pistol. They are pulled bullets but a few hours in walnut media only a dozen still had wax on them that a brass brush took care of quickly. $38.40 shipped.
20171130_163148_001.jpg

Thanks for showing me around the Kelso store yesterday, I went back on the way through & picked up another box of 250 Nosler 155g BTHP bullets.;)

Thanks for stopping by!
Haven't even taken the scope out of the box. Im still ISO a 30mm mount/ rings. Local GS was closed till today. I'll range report Mygrainman style after I get som quality time behind it!

I bought the Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x for my LWRC M6A2 because I wasn't sure what I wanted yet. I may have gone for the 1-8x if they had been out then - eyesight declining. So far, I am very happy with it and may keep it on. Someone just had them on sale for $329 with a $100 gift card. I paid just under $300 and it is worth every penny. If I remember right, they were having a special scope and mount deal, so I went with the Vortex cantilever mount.

Last Edited:
I bought the Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x for my LWRC M6A2 because I wasn't sure what I wanted yet. I may have gone for the 1-8x if they had been out then - eyesight declining. So far, I am very happy with it and may keep it on. Someone just had them on sale for $329 with a $100 gift card. I paid just under $300 and it is worth every penny. If I remember right, they were having a special scope and mount deal, so I went with the Vortex cantilever mount.

Yep, Sportsmans Warehouse has them on sale now & MyGrain bought one.
My eyesight is going to the dogs & I'm going to have cataracts removed very soon.....:eek:
I may need to wait for the 1x8... lol;)

Put a new host on layaway yesterday. Found a gently used CZ 75 B omega in urban grey. Been wanting a CZ for a while and with the cans just finishing up the form 3, I figured I had some time. Looking forward to getting it home though.
FA09F1C5-5AFE-45A5-BEFF-1079DADCA324.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR