JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got these yesterday... a LaserLyte bore sight and accessory kit.

LaserLyte%20Bore%20Site_zps463lvdpa.jpg

LaserLyte%20Accessory%20Kit_zpsvzvdbpyo.jpg

Well, my bottle of Slip 2000 EWL just showed up. It actually showed up on Friday, but what was in the bottle was not what was on the label of the bag it was in (i ordered the bag label, the contents was another version, EWL 30)

Gotta love Amazon making it right, wrong one being picked up on Monday and the replaced arrived here, just now, Sunday.

Well let's see in post 22 I got a couple of AR receivers and I was going to take some time to build them as I still already had one in the works and I was broke. I like some folks on the forum are worried about the election and just want mine before the panic.

Then in post 66 good fortunes gave me some money and I got some items to build the lowers and combined with some extra parts I had, I did complete them.

So now we come to Monday of this week when I received (after ordering last week) two complete BCM uppers one 16 in Socom and one 16 in STD with BCGs and Mod 3 changing handles. I did the nasty thing and put it on the card something I do not like to and normally will not do but just got the bug and placed the order.

With the addition of Magpul hand guards and AFG2 slant grips I had stashed these two projects are now complete.

The funny thing is I still have the one AR project I started with before I got these last two that I am still not sure what I want to do with but now I have added BCG because of what I ordered in post 66 to the parts I already have.

It's a never ending battle feeding the gun addiction.
Post pics, please!

Let's see, yesterday received my steel rebar brackets, to build my rebar stand for the new gongs... Went ahead cleaned the rust and painted an earthy brown...View attachment 308149

Today, had some ammo follow me home. This is in preparation of a range date Friday to take a couple of non-shooting coworkers out for the first time.

That'll consist of:
650 rounds Federal Match 22
50 rounds Remington 115 gr 9mm ball
50 rounds Remington 230 gr 45 ACP ball
120 rounds Federal .223 55 gr ball
And about a hundred .38's loaded by yours truly in 158 gr lswc. These are reduced loads for the wife and/or newbies...

Hopefully I won't scare them away and will forge two new gun owners as a result...
Good for you. We should all try to introduce as many people to shooting as possible. It's just that I am running out of people that I know who don't shoot.

"Let the catcalls begin".....
I bought a PMR30 today for $449.00 plus the BGC, took all of five minutes (maybe) for the gal to come back and say that I was good to go!!
Oh and 2 boxes of CCI 22WMR HP for $12.99 each... Gotta have fuel for it.......:rolleyes:

Just bought some PPU 5.56 ammo on sale through Cabellas. See the great deals section.

Used a $20 coupon emailed from Cabellas, because I shopped there before online, & signed up for there promos. Didn't think I'd have any use for the coupon...thanks NWF!

"Let the catcalls begin".....
I bought a PMR30 today for $449.00 plus the BGC, took all of five minutes (maybe) for the gal to come back and say that I was good to go!!
Oh and 2 boxes of CCI 22WMR HP for $12.99 each... Gotta have fuel for it.......:rolleyes:
I had the chance to shoot a PMR30 once. It is loads of fun! However, they have a bad rep for being unreliable. Let us know how it goes with yours, please. I have always thought that a PMR, RMR combo would be terrific. I just worry about the reliability issue.

Sweeeet! How do you like that minimalist stock?

Sorry for the slow response in my new job I work 12 hour shifts on nights 5 pm to 5 am then sleep.

Before I say anything I need to let ya know I am an AR junkie so after building those two in the pic I now have 4 rifles with the stocks and I have a spare stock that could go on the project gun when I decide to finish it.

So that comment might let you know I do like them a lot. I did a bunch of research before I got the first two, watched what YouTube vids that were out there and thought I would give them a shot.

They fit very tight (I have milspec) so they do not have much wiggle if any but they do not change positions super easy.

The way the design looks if you were to move the stock in and out several hundred times I could see that the pressure points on the tube that keeps it from wiggling could wear down and loosen up some but I have not tried it and do not know it for fact. I do not move my stock too often so it was not an issue for me.

It is lighter than most out there and with the heavy Socom BBL it makes it very nose heavy but again I do not feel it is an issue but you might as it does change the balance point.

In play we ran it through some pretty good maneuvers with no issues I like most thought it would hook on stuff and even with a vest or chest rig no issues so far. If you have the fear of it hooking some have added Para cord at an angle to avoid a problem and it's a great way to carry the cord in an emergency.

And they just look cool in my humble opinion.

Hope this answers your question.

Sorry for the slow response in my new job I work 12 hour shifts on nights 5 pm to 5 am then sleep.

Before I say anything I need to let ya know I am an AR junkie so after building those two in the pic I now have 4 rifles with the stocks and I have a spare stock that could go on the project gun when I decide to finish it.

So that comment might let you know I do like them a lot. I did a bunch of research before I got the first two, watched what YouTube vids that were out there and thought I would give them a shot.

They fit very tight (I have milspec) so they do not have much wiggle if any but they do not change positions super easy.

The way the design looks if you were to move the stock in and out several hundred times I could see that the pressure points on the tube that keeps it from wiggling could wear down and loosen up some but I have not tried it and do not know it for fact. I do not move my stock too often so it was not an issue for me.

It is lighter than most out there and with the heavy Socom BBL it makes it very nose heavy but again I do not feel it is an issue but you might as it does change the balance point.

In play we ran it through some pretty good maneuvers with no issues I like most thought it would hook on stuff and even with a vest or chest rig no issues so far. If you have the fear of it hooking some have added Para cord at an angle to avoid a problem and it's a great way to carry the cord in an emergency.

And they just look cool in my humble opinion.

Hope this answers your question.
Yes it does. Thanks. There could be a BL Minimalist stock in my near future.

I had the chance to shoot a PMR30 once. It is loads of fun! However, they have a bad rep for being unreliable. Let us know how it goes with yours, please. I have always thought that a PMR, RMR combo would be terrific. I just worry about the reliability issue.
Will let you know in a couple of weeks when things settle down here and I get a chance to try it out. :)

Just picked this up at the Mcloughlin All That Glitters pawnshop. At $225, I simply couldn't say no. It's a Ruger P89DC, so it's the de-cock only model.

The good: bright shiny bore, hogue rubber grip sleeve, what looks to be a brand new guide rod, doskosil case included, three mags, and of course the price!

The bad: the three mags... All three are some kind of aftermarket and all three wear rusty spots all over the mag bodies, and one of them is limited capacity so the bottom quarter of the magazine is a plastic block pinned to the base of the mag. All of the mags are now stripped, cleaned and soaking in PB blaster. I'll be able to shoot her in a few weeks. Can't wait!

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads