JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Crazy" (to some degree or another) has been somewhat normalized in modern society. So, how about a music break? Meanwhile, maybe I should be considering where the LINE should/might be drawn?

Aloha, Mark

I don't think COD is some kind of evil game that causes kids to shoot people. I play it quite often and I've never had a desire to go on a spree. I think excuses like violent video games and movies are just that. Excuses. For mental illness.
Binging on first person shooter games, along with mental illness and prescription drugs causing zombie-brain are definitely a common thing among many of the younger shooters.

When I was about 15 years old, we lived in a small town in Southeast Texas.

One day, as I was arriving to school, a boy I knew grabbed me and put me in a headlock. I didn't even know he was mad at me.

When he got tired of punching my nose, he let me go. I went into a bathroom and washed up as best I could, and then walked home with the intention of getting my shotgun, walking back to school, and killing him.

Luckily, the school was several miles from my house. By the time I had walked home (through the woods at one point), I had cooled off enough to think clearly. I knew that if I killed him, both of our lives would be ruined.

So I waited a few days, and then put him in the hospital. No gun, though. Happily, he never bothered me after that.

If our house had been closer to the school, things might have turned out differently. Having time to cool off a bit saved us all a lot of grief.

Human nature is what it is. And a lot of folks don't have much self-control. I don't expect we're going to see much improvement in our national culture. Of course, I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong.

Last Edited:
Mass shootings generally happen in No Firearms Allowed Areas.
i believe over 95% according to a senate hearing i seen posted.
In the interest of the Northwest roots of this forum, you missed one:

totally underrated band. Ann and Nancy were/are one of the greatest female singer/song writers Ann totally underrated as a vocalist/singer.

Precisely! In each and every case, the shooter(s) has given numerous clues, hints and suggestions by words, actions, even inaction, that something BIG was going to happen. In each and every case, all of those pre-attack indicators were ignored. What is that adage about prevention versus cure?
How many warnings did we have before Pearl Harbor?

It is generally not preventable unless we want to live in a society where everybody is suspicious of each other. A free society is going to have bad things happen. We can accept the losses or we can try to minimize the losses by restricting freedoms. I would rather be more free and accept the losses.

Writing was on the wall, we had intel that said it was likely.
edit: hence we moved our 90% of entire pacific fleet there to show strength to japan..
Some say we had near 8 years, about when we started the oil embargoes and they rolled up in Manchuria, yea, there were signs! Moving the entire Pacific fleet to P.H. was stupidity, you don't ever mass your forces in the face of impending battle, you spread them out just enough, and you put them in rotation so that you have a ranged patrol in the look out! Having the bulk of our naval power in one restricted spot, at anchor no less was criminal at the least!

We're talking about a spiritual illness. A situation like this cannot be corrected through legislation.

View attachment 1392172

View attachment 1392173

View attachment 1392174

View attachment 1392175

View attachment 1392176

View attachment 1392177
Bingo! This country has become so acceptable to perversion, plain and simple.

0A35E127-FD1D-45D2-8391-EF48200C547F.png

Binging on first person shooter games, along with mental illness and prescription drugs causing zombie-brain are definitely a common thing among many of the younger shooters.
I gotta disagree.

It's never been proven that violent video games has any correlation to violence in real life. RockStar video games had to deal with that BS decades ago and won. The common denominator is that first person shooters are one of the most popular and commonly played games.

I've played them since they were invented and have never had any aggression issues from it.

I gotta disagree.

It's never been proven that violent video games has any correlation to violence in real life. RockStar video games had to deal with that BS decades ago and won. The common denominator is that first person shooters are one of the most popular and commonly played games.

I've played them since they were invented and have never had any aggression issues from it.
i get aggression issues but are @ the game and player just better than me. lol but thats were my aggression stays. its a release honestly!!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top