JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If the BORs no longer stand for words that it is written with maybe it ought to be amended. Our forefathers thought of this and provided a legal method.

It was a bit of idealistic writing, assuming that the resulting society would be responsible.

IIRC, a certain recent president stated that we have a mental health crisis in our nation. IIRC, it was not the $#¡††ing, er sitting president...
And the states have been offered Serious funding to address the issues, as long as they are THE ISSUES the current administrations demands they address!
Red Flag laws could be modified to suit the needs with out violating someone's rights, BUT that would require a serious and well reasoned discussion, something we havn't had the balls or stomach to address, so we get more of the same draconian over reactions from that party!

Last Edited:
I don't think COD is some kind of evil game that causes kids to shoot people. I play it quite often and I've never had a desire to go on a spree. I think excuses like violent video games and movies are just that. Excuses. For mental illness. There has been violence on TV for as long as TV has been around and video games are nothing new either. COD has been around well over 20 years, and shooter games in general even longer.

Your cues on the internet and social media are spot on though, IMO.
I admit COD wasn't the best example, just the one I came up with at the time. More of a way to say violence is visualized I suppose. Thankyou for the response.

And the sttes have been offered Serious funding to address the issues, as long as they are THE ISSUES the current administrations demands they address!
Red Flag laws could be modified to suit the needs with out violating someone's rights, BUT that would require a serious and well reasoned discussion, something we havn't had the balls or stomach to address, so we get more of the same draconian over reactions from that party!
So how exactly would a red flag law work while still ensuring one has had due process ?

Harden schools. Remove "gun free zones". Unrestricted carry. Increased mental health screening. Bring back institutions for mentally ill people. Improve medical training and screen out bad actors from caretaking duties. ... all just bandaid on the one big issue, an amoral, unjust, perverted society.

John Adams was right.
"While our country remains untainted with the principles and manners which are now producing desolation in so many parts of the world; while she continues sincere, and incapable of insidious and impious policy, we shall have the strongest reason to rejoice in the local destination assigned us by Providence. But should the people of America once become capable of that deep simulation towards one another, and towards foreign nations, which assumes the language of justice and moderation while it is practising iniquity and extravagance, and displays in the most captivating manner the charming pictures of candor, frankness, and sincerity, while it is rioting in rapine and insolence, this country will be the most miserable habitation in the world; because we have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry, would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other. (FROM TO THE OFFICERS OF THE FIRST BRIGADE OF THE THIRD DIVISION OF THE MILITIA OF MASSACHUSETTS, 11 October, 1798)"

Fundimentally, I agree with you on this, abuse your gun rights' Loose your gun rights!
Show that you cannot be trusted to own firearms, loose your rights to own firearms!
LOCK UP THE GOD DAMN GUNS and restrict who has access to them, this shouldn't become a law or gov. mandate, BUT, your kid takes your gun with out express consent, you loose your right to own guns! Just because we have the beautiful gift of the 2nd doesn't mean we should be free from consequences of ownership or it's responsibilities! LOCK UP THE DAMN GUNS PEOPLE! This right here would stop 99% of these shootings!
@Ura-Ki I agree 100%. Lock up the firearms, and don't tell me how "good" of a kid he/she is.

I'm glad my dad didn't think that was the correct approach, had he, he may of come home from Panama to find a dead family. Someone had to take care of HD chit while he was out doing Uncle Sam's business and one night it happened.

So how exactly would a red flag law work while still ensuring one has had due process ?
Re-Write What they are and how they are to be used/work!
The Overall function remains the same, use it as a temp hold while a person gets a good looking over, WHILE having full due process to protect ones rights!

I'm glad my dad didn't think that was the correct approach, had he, he may of come home from Panama to find a dead family. Someone had to take care of HD chit while he was out doing Uncle Sam's business and one night it happened.
Extenuating circumstances, and let's face it when you were a kid things were a lot different. Times have changed, for the worse.

I'm going to suggest something really unpopular.....

Stop letting these shooters have access to guns. Meaning full mental health vetting, and if even ONE post is made on social media about wanting to do something stupid then that jackwagon "gets" to have their firearm rights removed. Almost every one of these school shooters has/had documented mental illness yet these so called "red flag laws" don't do sh!t.

Sorry, but I am just as sick as everyone else is hearing the almost daily shootings. It has caused more divisiveness regarding guns than anything else. Let alone the dead kids.
Agreed. But I have a very dark sense of humor and the internet does a terrible job of filtering through sarcasm and comedy. So who will be in charge of classifying as "too far/too violent" and what with their base standard be founded on?

I just see a lot of abuse from politicians and the peer group look at said posts.

Re-Write What they are and how they are to be used/work!
The Overall function remains the same, use it as a temp hold while a person gets a good looking over, WHILE having full due process to protect ones rights!
So your going to temporarily take my property away - deny its use until it goes through the legal process and say my rights were protected even though I might not have done anything criminal?

Agreed. But I have a very dark sense of humor and the internet does a terrible job of filtering through sarcasm and comedy. So who will be in charge of classifying as "too far/too violent" and what with their base standard be founded on?

I just see a lot of abuse from politicians and the peer group look at said posts.
If you post online that you want to shoot up a school or whatever and then claim it was a "joke".......I don't think anyone needs to be in charge of deciding how serious it is. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. And I'm not about to try and defend these ignorant fools when they try to say they weren't serious. F that.

Extenuating circumstances, and let's face it when you were a kid things were a lot different. Times have changed, for the worse.
My kids survived the same thing without shooting any of their schoolmates, I bet my grandkids will too. What has changed is people stopped teaching their children about responsibility and consequences.

That's why we don't want or need the states or Fed mandating things or making laws, WE should be the first and last line here! If your kid is trustworthy enough to have access, that's awesome, more power to you, but for the thousands out there who cannot honestly answer that question, LOCK UP THE GUNS until you have that answer!

And this dosn't even address the drop in thefts doing this simple thing would solve! The problem is, not all gun owners are responsible enough to actually OWN firearms, especially if they are un-willing, or un-able to lock them up! I was raised with the idea that if I could afford a gun, I could also afford to lock them up with not in use! As I carry daily, and keep a loaded rifle and shotgun close at hand when i'm around, that's not an issue, when I leave the house, I lock them up so they don't get swiped, and I keep my pistol(s) on my person at all times, so there is ZERO chance i'm gonna suffer a theft!

If you post online that you want to shoot up a school or whatever and then claim it was a "joke".......I don't think anyone needs to be in charge of deciding how serious it is.
I guess. Some kids are dumb and rash. I know I have said things in the past that I regret. I'm not trying to ruin a middle schoolers life simply cause he made a poor decision writing a post. Even though he had no intention acting it out.

With that being said I have no issue with it being suspended until he is vetted or found mature enough to own a firearm. And who knows that day may never come.

I wish there was some form of emotional maturity test that you had to pass before taking on the responsibility of owning a firearm. The same test should be required before having children.

My kids survived the same thing without shooting any of their schoolmates, I bet my grandkids will too. What has changed is people stopped teaching their children about responsibility and consequences.
No offense meant here at all, but everyone thinks THEIR kids would never. But some do.

No offense meant here at all, but everyone thinks THEIR kids would never. But some do.
More than gun safety it really comes down to conflict resolution and communication. Social media and "toxic masculinity" ruined that.

I guess. Some kids are dumb and rash. I know I have said things in the past that I regret. I'm not trying to ruin a middle schoolers life simply cause he made a poor decision writing a post. Even though he had no intention acting it out.

With that being said I have no issue with it being suspended until he is vetted or found mature enough to own a firearm. And who knows that day may never come.

I wish there was some form of emotional maturity test that you had to pass before taking on the responsibility of owning a firearm. The same test should be required before having children.
You are correct. Some kids are dumb and rash, that will never change.

The difference is the topic. Posting about shooting up a school isn't being "dumb and rash" especially in today's world. Every fkn one of those posts should be dealt with and the person posting it should lose their rights. Just my opinion.

More than gun safety it really comes down to conflict resolution and communication. Social media and "toxic masculinity" ruined that.
Agreed. You can teach gun safety and morality all day long, but you're competing with social media and dopamine hits from likes or controversy.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top