JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
image.jpeg

It's total BS!!! This is a prime example of data manipulation. As a case study, look at where they placed New York City, in their 'regional' diagram. Same with Los Angeles and same with New Orleans. Take a crime / murder center and indescriminately connect it to a vast area of low population / open area, and then call it a 'region'. TOTAL CRAP !!!

If I get to draw the complete narrative, manipulate data and play what-ifs to suite my point of view, then yes. I can prove anything.

Here. Let me redraw this map to show you where you're wrong. It's like redistricting facts.

I wonder at who collected the data...what were the questions ask / what was the criteria ....
Plus who put together the findings..and did they have an agenda....or an predetermined answer or outcome that they were looking to find...?

I would like to see several different studies of the topic by different sources / compilers...
And then compare the data before I would attempt to make a conclusion or give a real answer.
Andy

Last Edited:
Yah, um, nope.

Unfortunately some folks will believe such. Because, well, that's what they wish.

Someone wrote it, so it must be true.

Someone writes something which destroys the premise? Well, they'll skip on over such...because feelings & wishes.

Being that "Gun Violence Stats" are NOT differentiated between a GOOD SHOOT vs a BAD SHOOT........it means nothing to me.

And, since WA (and many other states) has taken the Death Penalty off of the table and/or curbed the actual carrying out of such a sentence.......well, what does anyone expect will happen next?

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
It says right in the paragraph "gun deaths" not homicides, which means it is totally unreliable from the get go because that will include suicides and people shot by police and self defense shootings. It also doesn't include injuries, which is more indicative of violence because not everyone who is shot, dies.
This is a good point. It sounds unsympathetic but suicides are not at all the same thing as homicides and criminal violence.
I think the politico article in question did separate suicides from homicides though.

When I see that the CDC has Illinois and Idaho in the same ranking for firearms mortality... well then I know this study is BS. Chicago alone leads ahead of any one state as far as murder rates go.... and that doesn't even take into account firearm suicides and accidents. Poor try CDC and shame on you Politico...

This is a good point. It sounds unsympathetic but suicides are not at all the same thing as homicides and criminal violence.
I think the politico article in question did separate suicides from homicides though.
Why did the politico map break apart into those very specific sections? Also, looking at the map it looks like just a basic dot plot of the largest population centers of the country.

There's lies, there's damn lies, and there's statistics.

What cracks me up is when the left projects a certain statistic that advances their agenda and acts like it's the final say because that's what the statistics say, and then you flip that around and you provide other statistics like violent crime rates between races, children born out of wedlock differences between races, or academic achievement tests between races and they flip out and demand that statistics ignored.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top