JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I haven't seen this addressed here yet so here goes.. You might take a look at who's sponsoring these. There's no text yet, for either of the bills, that I've located...but I got the please donate/send money to help fight the bills.
The 'threat' is as follows.. per the send me $ organization.
If passed, this legislation would:
>>> Create a national permit to buy a gun
>>> Establish a nationwide gun registry
>>> Institute a national 'Red Flag Gun Seizures' law
>>> Ban virtually every semi-automatic rifle in America
>>> Make it a felony to buy a 'high capacity' magazine
>>> Tax guns at 30% and ammo at 50%
>>> Put you in jail for buying more than 1 gun a month
>>> Force you to lock up your firearms at all times
>>> Criminalize the sale of firearms to adults under 21
>>> Ban the sale of suppressors
>>> Make it a crime to build a firearm in your own home
And that's just the start, as this gun control monstrosity is well over 100 pages long.

Being naturally suspicious, I'm wondering how an organization that wants $ from me to fight these bills knows what's in the bills when there's no available text? Anyone have an idea?

Dan

S.3407 - A bill to end the epidemic of gun violence and build safer communities by strengthening Federal firearms laws and supporting gun violence research, intervention, and prevention initiatives.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/senate-bill/3407/cosponsors?s=1&r=4
Per the .gov website...As of 12/12/2023 text has not been received for S.3407 - A bill to end the epidemic of gun violence and build safer communities by strengthening Federal firearms laws and supporting gun violence research, intervention, and prevention initiatives.

H.R.6596 - To end the epidemic of gun violence and build safer communities by strengthening Federal firearms laws and supporting gun violence research, intervention, and prevention initiatives.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/house-bill/6596/cosponsors?s=1&r=14
Per the .gov website...As of 12/12/2023 text has not been received for H.R.6596 - To end the epidemic of gun violence and build safer communities by strengthening Federal firearms laws and supporting gun violence research, intervention, and prevention initiatives.

I feel safer already! A lot of those items in that list should make an immediate impact on gun violence, especially the ban on suppressors. They're just too easy to acquire!

Being naturally suspicious, I'm wondering how an organization that wants $ from me to fight these bills knows what's in the bills when there's no available text? Anyone have an idea?

Dan

S.3407 - A bill to end the epidemic of gun violence and build safer communities by strengthening Federal firearms laws and supporting gun violence research, intervention, and prevention initiatives.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/senate-bill/3407/cosponsors?s=1&r=4
Per the .gov website...As of 12/12/2023 text has not been received for S.3407 - A bill to end the epidemic of gun violence and build safer communities by strengthening Federal firearms laws and supporting gun violence research, intervention, and prevention initiatives.

H.R.6596 - To end the epidemic of gun violence and build safer communities by strengthening Federal firearms laws and supporting gun violence research, intervention, and prevention initiatives.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/house-bill/6596/cosponsors?s=1&r=14
Per the .gov website...As of 12/12/2023 text has not been received for H.R.6596 - To end the epidemic of gun violence and build safer communities by strengthening Federal firearms laws and supporting gun violence research, intervention, and prevention initiatives.
You'dd be surprised how many prewritten "solution waiting for its problem" bills are lurking among the Capitol Staff just waiting to have their text wagons hitched to the horse of a prefiled bill nme/number. This is precisely how we got the so-called Patriot Act, pizz be eternally upon it and all who support it...

I haven't seen this addressed here yet so here goes.. You might take a look at who's sponsoring these. There's no text yet, for either of the bills, that I've located...but I got the please donate/send money to help fight the bills.
The 'threat' is as follows.. per the send me $ organization.
If passed, this legislation would:
>>> Create a national permit to buy a gun
>>> Establish a nationwide gun registry
>>> Institute a national 'Red Flag Gun Seizures' law
>>> Ban virtually every semi-automatic rifle in America
>>> Make it a felony to buy a 'high capacity' magazine
>>> Tax guns at 30% and ammo at 50%
>>> Put you in jail for buying more than 1 gun a month
>>> Force you to lock up your firearms at all times
>>> Criminalize the sale of firearms to adults under 21
>>> Ban the sale of suppressors
>>> Make it a crime to build a firearm in your own home
And that's just the start, as this gun control monstrosity is well over 100 pages long.

Dan

I'm sure every criminal in the nation and those on their way here will follow every detail to the letter! Unless of course you look at the effectiveness of gun control in England and Down Under. Then take a look at Japan's suicide rates....

And again, sh!t like this has NOTHING to do with reducing crime and EVERYTHING to do with turning us law-abiding gun guys into criminals.

Based on what is indicated above they will make the whole US a target rich killing zone. The last thing I will do is lock up all my firearms. I will become a criminal so I can be on more equal grounds with those that want to do harm to those I care about.

Our nation would be safer with a lot less politicians.

Maybe we could get a ballot measure for that!
Depends. It's not really right IMO that 350 million people are being legislated by a House of 435 Representatives. Nearly a million per Representative. A number that has been set by law since 1910 Census, when the population of the US was less than 1/3 of the population today. If the US population tripled, the size of the House should have tripled. And decentralizing the House into Regional Houses may be better.. but of course, the Congress refuses to loosen their grip on their powers and refuses to grow Congress but are perfectly fine with growing Federal Agencies and Staffing :rolleyes: I'd be all for a serious reduction of Federal agencies and staff if it means we could get more Representatives that actually are closer to what the voters in different regions are like...

Depends. It's not really right IMO that 350 million people are being legislated by a House of 435 Representatives. Nearly a million per Representative. A number that has been set by law since 1910 Census, when the population of the US was less than 1/3 of the population today. If the US population tripled, the size of the House should have tripled. And decentralizing the House into Regional Houses may be better.. but of course, the Congress refuses to loosen their grip on their powers and refuses to grow Congress but are perfectly fine with growing Federal Agencies and Staffing :rolleyes: I'd be all for a serious reduction of Federal agencies and staff if it means we could get more Representatives that actually are closer to what the voters in different regions are like...
Alternate idea: Expand to one rep per X populace or majority thereof, X being that of the least populated state. Each state's CODEL meets in the state capital, and the state Majority and Minority Leaders carry the state's Congressional proceedings back to DC for entry into the Congressional Record.

In particular committee assignments need to be changed from bought via fundraising payola and NRSC/NRCC/DSCC/DCCC "dues" as they are today to Subject Matter Expertise. A farmer from Lewiston ID should get higher preference for the Agriculture Committee than a puke-sucking ambulance chaser from San Bernardino.

Oh, and prohibit Omnibus bills. One Cabinet department, one bill to authorize its existence, budget and regulations for the fiscal year. Miss something, better luck next year. Also give each Committee direct oversight over the Cabinet departments it writes law for like a board of directors, with the ability to start impeachment of those departments' officers directly. Same authority to their Senate counterparts, so if both chambers' "boards of directors" above you vote you gone immediate Buh-Bye.

These are just many of the bovine renderings over the years that are for their end result, take a guess it's not for safety it's for disarmament so they can really do damage to this country.

I tell them good luck with their movement because we the people will not let that happen.
Yeah there will probably be less than 3% that would actually have the intestinal fortitude to participate in the revolution 2.0.

These are just many of the bovine renderings over the years that are for their end result, take a guess it's not for safety it's for disarmament so they can really do damage to this country.

I tell them good luck with their movement because we the people will not let that happen.
Yeah there will probably be less than 3% that would actually have the intestinal fortitude to participate in the revolution 2.0.
If 30% of the population is armed at the low end, that's roughly 100 million. If even 1% of that 100 million has the cojones to get organized and united, that's a force of about 1 million. On par in numbers with the number of active duty personnel in the US military, about a million as well.

Consider too materials/logistics support for either group.

Consider too how many large military bases are smackdab in civilian population centers.

Consider what's required to keep either army fed and fueled..and guess what, they both need the infrastructure to be largely intact.

What we need are people more like those that ensured peace in Richmond Virginia protests/demonstration against the Virginian governor/politicians who were floating gun control.. and less people like the Proud Boys and Jan 6th Protestors.

Just a reminder.

a3ee92c5705a96c2.png

Alternate idea: Expand to one rep per X populace or majority thereof, X being that of the least populated state. Each state's CODEL meets in the state capital, and the state Majority and Minority Leaders carry the state's Congressional proceedings back to DC for entry into the Congressional Record.

In particular committee assignments need to be changed from bought via fundraising payola and NRSC/NRCC/DSCC/DCCC "dues" as they are today to Subject Matter Expertise. A farmer from Lewiston ID should get higher preference for the Agriculture Committee than a puke-sucking ambulance chaser from San Bernardino.

Oh, and prohibit Omnibus bills. One Cabinet department, one bill to authorize its existence, budget and regulations for the fiscal year. Miss something, better luck next year. Also give each Committee direct oversight over the Cabinet departments it writes law for like a board of directors, with the ability to start impeachment of those departments' officers directly. Same authority to their Senate counterparts, so if both chambers' "boards of directors" above you vote you gone immediate Buh-Bye.
"Each state's CODEL meets in the state capital, and the state Majority and Minority Leaders carry the state's Congressional proceedings back to DC for entry into the Congressional Record."

Comparable to when the Senators were elected by the State Legislators not via the popular vote we use today. Twas more of the separation of powers, the House represented the people and the Senate represented the states.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top