JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Keeping doors locked is a start.

Significantly reducing the pharmaceutical zombifying of youth, and not allowing them to immerse themselves in first person shooter games for days on end, would also be a good start.

I don't how to solve this but one thing I would like to see happen is for gun safety and its repercussions become part of school curriculum. To pretend that guns are bad and that you must be afraid of some one simply because they have a gun is ignorant. The concept of using a gun in an illegal fashion has consequences. When I went to school gun safety was part of our physical fitness. You don't have to like or own a firearm but one should be taught how to handle one safely. You don't know when or how you one will come across a firearm but one should be taught what to do when a firearm is encountered. Think of if it like learning how to drive a car. Again I dint have the answer.

We're talking about a spiritual illness. A situation like this cannot be corrected through legislation.

E5939194-C1F4-4491-9B03-FE5EA3D4830F.jpeg

0EF754E4-0247-4B36-8650-A3F24392BFC7.jpeg

C659321B-B1BE-46E8-8EF7-E98F43008C57.jpeg

40438452-E612-420E-9D78-CF07BEF3C4F1.jpeg

5920F400-C269-4736-B494-8E7A0021AE37.jpeg

29E51D48-312F-4F72-887A-82C312A8050F.jpeg

Several thoughts: the Internet age and social media that came with it has done tremendous phycological damage to society and a large amount of that damage is being caused while kids are still absorbing info like a sponge and haven't quite figured out how to be a functioning human yet. They see other people who are prettier, richer or just have a life unattainable by most and are comparing themselves to a manicured existence to which their own isn't good enough. It's becoming a feedback loop.

What nobody is going to like: this country has the highest amount of firearms in the world. It also has the highest amount of firearms related deaths/violence. That's not a coincidence. There are more guns than people, they are NOT hard to get and our constitution made that possible. Countries with near zero gun ownership have near zero shootings in general, not just schools. The guns themselves are not the problem, I understand that. The ease of access, however, seems to be.

Gun enthusiasts in the USA seem to, on a whole, not take firearms very seriously. Take a look at just how nonchalant people are when handling guns at their LGS or how often they point guns right at people. They look down barrels to see if it's loaded. They will make YouTube videos of shooting random bullbubblegum which sometimes ends up in death and dismemberment (remember to like and subscribe and hit that notification bell). We have things like call of duty where young teenagers learn to shoot each other in the face and laugh about it. The same teenagers who don't know right from wrong yet. We have movies like John wick that show the "good guy" running and gunning and looking cool. Maybe that weird quiet kid would get a date if he looked cool just like John wick. He'll show those bullies. Gun owners take the fact that they have this right seriously, they do not take the responsibility seriously.

I'm going to try to avoid crossing swords with knobgoblin while I join him in urinating in your cornflakes. This cannot be fixed. In my opinion, especially with the society we have.
I do believe it's solvable, but we all gotta make some changes from the bottom up! We need to break some eggs, hurt some feelings, piss a few kens and Karens off, but we can do it if we grow a pair! We need to reverse course on several bad ideas that the woksters put in place, legalized drugs being a biggy, along with all this gender crap! Both of those would eliminate a bunch of issues right from the start! Stop the revolving door justice system, hold criminals accountable to the fullest extent of the law. Gold parents responsible for their kids actions, punish bad parents and reward good ones! Get the MSM to stop all the reporting on these shootings and start discussing the root issues, and holding Politicians feet to the fire to actually take meaningful action for the better of all, instead of punishing society at large for the actions of the few! Start removing the problem people from society, out them in work camps where they contribute to their own care, and make it humane and functional where those people want to be, where they feel safe and able to contribute in a controlled environment! Make the states and medical community answerable to that care, and include lots of public oversight, don't let the states or feds run it, make it privatized under state contracts!

Several thoughts: the Internet age and social media that came with it has done tremendous phycological damage to society and a large amount of that damage is being caused while kids are still absorbing info like a sponge and haven't quite figured out how to be a functioning human yet. They see other people who are prettier, richer or just have a life unattainable by most and are comparing themselves to a manicured existence to which their own isn't good enough. It's becoming a feedback loop.

What nobody is going to like: this country has the highest amount of firearms in the world. It also has the highest amount of firearms related deaths/violence. That's not a coincidence. There are more guns than people, they are NOT hard to get and our constitution made that possible. Countries with near zero gun ownership have near zero shootings in general, not just schools. The guns themselves are not the problem, I understand that. The ease of access, however, seems to be.

Gun enthusiasts in the USA seem to, on a whole, not take firearms very seriously. Take a look at just how nonchalant people are when handling guns at their LGS or how often they point guns right at people. They look down barrels to see if it's loaded. They will make YouTube videos of shooting random bullbubblegum which sometimes ends up in death and dismemberment (remember to like and subscribe and hit that notification bell). We have things like call of duty where young teenagers learn to shoot each other in the face and laugh about it. The same teenagers who don't know right from wrong yet. We have movies like John wick that show the "good guy" running and gunning and looking cool. Maybe that weird quiet kid would get a date if he looked cool just like John wick. He'll show those bullies. Gun owners take the fact that they have this right seriously, they do not take the responsibility seriously.

I'm going to try to avoid crossing swords with knobgoblin while I join him in urinating in your cornflakes. This cannot be fixed. In my opinion, especially with the society we have.
Cars and other " toys " are all equally mishandled. It's a side effect of a financially bloated society. Weekend boaters scare me way more than idiots at the gun counter do , at least someone drunk off their a$$ is going to seem out of place window shopping for glocks.

The simple fact is no one is completely safe
If it isn't a gun, it's an earthquake or a drunk driver or a disease. People that want complete safe with nothing to fear might as well have a lobotomy.

Let's stop trying to solve issues through legislation, especially unconstitutional legislation! Let's revisit the 1st and freedom of the press, I know it's a tough one, but forcing the press to do the right thing regardless of political, Ideology, or any other persuasion would be a great start! Holding them accountable for what they report, and punishing them for abusing that public trust would go a long ways!

In know this opens a whole nother can of worms, but if the 2nd can be challenged so easy by so many, surely bright minds can come up with solutions here as well!

Last Edited:
I'm going to suggest something really unpopular.....

Stop letting these shooters have access to guns. Meaning full mental health vetting, and if even ONE post is made on social media about wanting to do something stupid then that jackwagon "gets" to have their firearm rights removed. Almost every one of these school shooters has/had documented mental illness yet these so called "red flag laws" don't do sh!t.

Sorry, but I am just as sick as everyone else is hearing the almost daily shootings. It has caused more divisiveness regarding guns than anything else. Let alone the dead kids.

We really need a thumbs down emoji.

TTSX. While I understand some of your reasoning, I cannot agree with it.
Fair enough. Do you disagree with everything or just some things? Because I can guess about the "some" things if that's the case. Please elaborate and contribute to this discussion, I'd like to hear what you have to say.

Cars and other " toys " are all equally mishandled. It's a side effect of a financially bloated society. Weekend boaters scare me way more than idiots at the gun counter do , at least someone drunk off their a$$ is going to seem out of place window shopping for glocks.
Also fair, however I'll stand behind my statement about responsibility and seriousness all the same.

your right, removing one's freedom of speech and assuming someone is guilty before a crime is committed is unpopular. I do not think everyone should have a firearm but until there is an objective measurrement for determining when one can or cannot have a firearm I am against removal of ones right to self protection. I am tired of hearing about innocent people being hurt but the firerm is only one tool that can be used. I disagree with the previous posting.

I'm going to suggest something really unpopular.....

Stop letting these shooters have access to guns. Meaning full mental health vetting, and if even ONE post is made on social media about wanting to do something stupid then that jackwagon "gets" to have their firearm rights removed. Almost every one of these school shooters has/had documented mental illness yet these so called "red flag laws" don't do sh!t.

Sorry, but I am just as sick as everyone else is hearing the almost daily shootings. It has caused more divisiveness regarding guns than anything else. Let alone the dead kids.
Fundimentally, I agree with you on this, abuse your gun rights' Loose your gun rights!
Show that you cannot be trusted to own firearms, loose your rights to own firearms!
LOCK UP THE GOD DAMN GUNS and restrict who has access to them, this shouldn't become a law or gov. mandate, BUT, your kid takes your gun with out express consent, you loose your right to own guns! Just because we have the beautiful gift of the 2nd doesn't mean we should be free from consequences of ownership or it's responsibilities! LOCK UP THE DAMN GUNS PEOPLE! This right here would stop 99% of these shootings!

I don't think COD is some kind of evil game that causes kids to shoot people. I play it quite often and I've never had a desire to go on a spree. I think excuses like violent video games and movies are just that. Excuses. For mental illness. There has been violence on TV for as long as TV has been around and video games are nothing new either. COD has been around well over 20 years, and shooter games in general even longer.

Your cues on the internet and social media are spot on though, IMO.

We are a generally ignorant nation. It is not specified in the founding documents, but is permitted by them.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top