JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Those Stevens single shots that @LuckySG was selling would be perfect! I could sluice a grouse with a 410!
I love those little guys! There are so many good options in this no profit bottom of the market it makes me cry. You have the Midland Backpack, the Iver Johnson (best looking one for 3" shells in 18.5" or 26") ...

gij70041018_folded.jpg

Followed in price on the slow way up by the Stevens, the Charles daly and Legacy Pointer. If you want a new break action I am happy to make just pennies getting you one, so long as you share photos (thanks @shap for sharing last year!) or a tasty little bird at some point.

Lol I never hunted grouse .
I hunted quail and dove in California .
Ducks lol I know how to kill ducks .
I'm guessing grouse is like quail hunting .
Lots of walking and talking then every once in a while you get to kill something

EPS @ Andy need to cross the water and hunt over here on the Peninsula, tons of them birds and I know most of the back roads, at least the ones that are still open anyway...:D:eek::D:p

Yeah...even with my shotgun , I try for a headshot....which makes for some fine wingshooting for sure...:D
Andy
Second on the headshot! When I am mostly busy painting or mounds of paperwork I have the garage door open and if I am lucky and one of the boy's did not park in the driveway I have a clear shot on the Eurasian doves when they come to the back of the basketball hoop base for a drink when I just happen to remember to pour some water on there and at 12 yards the heavy airsoft pellets are incredibly accurate so I get a fresh dove and no blood drops on the ground or feathers blowing around and not much noise to advertise I am making steady progress on the next tray of jalapeno poppers.

Lots of walking and talking then every once in a while you get to kill something

Yes and no, they take flight up into the trees, where a quail stays pretty much grounded...

410 - 20ga but most around here use a .22

Years ago I was care taking a 120 acre working raspberry and strawberry farm that a friend of mined inherited.
The neighbor next to this property raised all sorts of grouse, quail and pheasants and would release most of them from their cages in the fall and they would immediately migrate over to the berry fields.
Any time I wanted to stroll through the fields and hunt for dinner after Sept 1st, I could count on something taking wing within minutes. It didn't matter that I'm a lousy shot, there were so many birds a blind guy could limit out.
My female Doberman became a pretty good bird dog finding them in the raspberry rows.
She wouldn't retrieve them but would let me know were they were.

Last Edited:

Yep ...that's about it...
Well and stop at Blue Mountain Grill for a late lunch / dinner and beer when done...:D
Andy

Yes and no, they take flight up into the trees, where a quail stays pretty much grounded...

410 - 20ga but most around here use a .22
Well like I said I am getting a .22 and I have a really light 20ga youth model.lol another gun you can ask @AndyinEverson about .my nephew gun lol it is like 4lbs all plastic lol but it shoots

Exactly it's short stock youth model .
But it is light I'm going to get one in 12ga adult model for me .
I bought this for my nephew but I really like it .for the price it's a good duck dove grouse what ever gun

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top