Grouse Hunters ?

Hop Sing

Reactions
I didn't see any other grouse thread so bumping this one. Anyone gone hunting for ruffed grouse this year? If so, what do the population numbers look like where you are?

Waiting for more leaves to drop and the pup to grow a little bit more until we go out.

Reactions
I didn't see any other grouse thread so bumping this one. Anyone gone hunting for ruffed grouse this year? If so, what do the population numbers look like where you are?

Waiting for more leaves to drop and the pup to grow a little bit more until we go out.
I've kicked up a couple in the Hood unit every time I've been out this year. Seems about average to me. I too have a pup(GSP), that I'll hopefully get out NOV/DEC.

WAYNO

Reactions
I find the grouse numbers increasing, everywhere I go.

In the Northside unit a few weeks ago, Blue Grouse outnumbered Ruff's, and were plentiful to the point we turned down many opportunities. You can only use so much.

A twenty or twelve, with a modified choke covers all the bases pretty well.

turq

Reactions
Eats stink bugs? Thats a good dog.

Mountain quail in Northside are protected till they are well up in numbers. Those are the quail that fly down hill at you. 34” Louisville slugger will work. Once they land its fun to watch them run, 5 seconds later there is no sign of them. They run under logs, gone.

Reactions
Do pattern your shotgun and get a feel for the spread per yard of your pattern especially up close.

When ground sluicing close, hold high off the head and impact head only with About lower 1/4 of pattern.
Instant harvest and zero breast damage.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Adaptive Firing Solutions. A+
    5 stars does not do Adaptive Firing Solutions justice. I have done business with him multiple times and wish I could give at least 12 stars...
  • Limitless America
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome shop
    Love this shop. Purchased a few items from them. Always have a lot of parts in stock without much markup. Purchased two cans this summer from them...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great, old school gun shop
    The store is a treasure trove I have found magazines for H&K, Ruger and M1A's and at great prices. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly and...
    • GWS
  • HighLine Firearms
    4.00 star(s)
    great place
    nice guy, local
  • Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
Top Bottom