JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wish you were closer @Right Sight Firearms ...
I know some great spots...but they are around 5-6 hours north of you...

If you know of public land or have access to older logging areas...those are excellent places to find grouse.
Grouse like a area with some cover and tress ...but also some open spots to grub for food , a old logging road is a great spot to find 'em....
Andy

I love those little guys! There are so many good options in this no profit bottom of the market it makes me cry. You have the Midland Backpack, the Iver Johnson (best looking one for 3" shells in 18.5" or 26") ...

View attachment 482830

Followed in price on the slow way up by the Stevens, the Charles daly and Legacy Pointer. If you want a new break action I am happy to make just pennies getting you one, so long as you share photos (thanks @shap for sharing last year!) or a tasty little bird at some point.
When did IJ start doing shotguns again?
That IJ looks suspiciously like the infamous $99 Walmart gun...I think its also from the same company (Hatsan)….did I guess correctly?

First grouse. Was textbook, grouse sees car flies up in closest tree,I get out walk up and pow:D Saw 3 more but they flew out over the hill to far to get if I shot em. Missed one more in the road ,I pulled up about 75 yrds from him, I guess that was a bit far:D
Oddly they don't taste like chicken:D
full.jpg

"Don't taste like chicken" - My 16yo daughter wanted to try it... "Once I get my head wrapped around it, but... you know, this is awesome". I agree; grilled with pasilla peppers and fresh tortillas; mmm.

23 for 27 out of the old stevens SXS 16ga.

That's what I used in Montana as well (see grouse in profile pic). Although I only went 2 for 2. Does anyone know if they hang out in the coastal range down here, say around the Siuslaw unit? I have never seen them there to my recollection. Yet another reason to scout the Cascades I suppose.

I remember the time I went hiking up in the Pasayten wilderness when I was 16.
On the way back, one of us saw a grouse sitting up in a tree, maybe 20 feet above us.
For about the next 10 minutes, we assaulted that bird with a barrage of stones.
Looked like we were fighting the Kamikaze's at Leyte Gulf!

….never touched a feather. :eek::rolleyes:

I don't even think that bird knew we were throwing the rocks at him.
One of use finally hit the branch it was sitting on and that got its attention.
Off it went, about another 20 or 30 feet into the woods.
...lunch ended up being at a local diner after one of the guys' mom picked us up later in the day.
We must've smelled pretty bad after a week in the woods because that place cleared out in about 5 minutes.
A nice peaceful lunch. :p:D

Dean

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top