JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A few months back there was discussion of a possible "amnesty" to form 1, anything further on that? I really don't want to have to go that route as these will become my kids' firearms and they are too young to put in a trust.
Nothing has been announced but if as has been leaked and they require a photo to form 1 the gun there would be absolutely no point in doing so unless there was an amnesty. You can do a regular form 1 SBR without a photo. The photo will be to prove that there is a brace attached so you dont do like I would do and just file a crapload of form 1's for guns that dont exist yet. And no, they cannot just have a braced pistol classification under the NFA without amending the National Firearms Act in Congress. They'll have to do them as a standard SBR. Maybe , probably, free . There is precedence for it with the '94 DD change of classification for shotguns.

The thought theyre going to go around arresting millions of people for following legal instructions is laughable..

Listen, i asked a simple question and am not at all interested in this nonsense. You are correct in saying that me do me and you do you. In the mean time, I'd like to stay out of prison. I get where you are coming from but jumping all over someone like you did will never be a help, won't get anything done or started, and just makes a person sound bitter.
i'm not jumping down your throat. I'm simply telling you that you are literally just bending the knee. I sure sure sure do hope you don't have some "don't tread on me" type BS plastered anywhere..... I didn't serve my country and take an oath to the constitution to just sit there and play games with an agency that has no legal authority which as already been determined by the Superme Court.... no to mention they are at the moment re-writing their BS because they know it won't hold up and lawsuits are at the ready.... but go ahead and register your toys.

Amnesty for something that you didn't do illegally??? that's laughable..... nope not falling for that crap. But you do you. Continue being bubblegum on by them breaking all the laws, just look at 114 and yet you're all sitting here going "oh my goodness how can I better abide and bend the knee to these propositions"
This people is why you keep having less rights in this country year after year....
You keep saying "you do you" but then you go on to chide them for not doing what you do. :rolleyes:

-E-

You keep saying "you do you" but then you go on to chide them for not doing what you do. :rolleyes:

-E-
well this is a forum were we discuss and give our opinions is it not ? I mean by all means correct me if this is not a place to do that and have a discussion ? You are still free to do whatever you want to do at the end of the day. I don't remember forcing you to do anything. LMAO wow

i'm not jumping down your throat. I'm simply telling you that you are literally just bending the knee. I sure sure sure do hope you don't have some "don't tread on me" type BS plastered anywhere..... I didn't serve my country and take an oath to the constitution to just sit there and play games with an agency that has no legal authority which as already been determined by the Superme Court.... no to mention they are at the moment re-writing their BS because they know it won't hold up and lawsuits are at the ready.... but go ahead and register your toys.
What exactly do you think will come of form 1'ing your "pistol"? I mean I have 75 stamps and the sky hasn't fallen. The NFA is probably the most stable thing the government does.

By the way, where was the righteous indignation about the NFA before they involved YOU in the process?

Last Edited:

-E-

CF42CB2D-6E8F-4540-B303-ACF0A3E2A884.jpeg

What exactly do you think will come of form 1'ing your "pistol"? I mean I have 75 stamps and the sky hasn't fallen. The NFA is probably the most stable thing the government does.
The problem is with that thinking eventually your back against the wall because as we all know the government doesn't take an inch and then go find something else to do.if they take an inch and it holds up in court they try and take a whole bunch more and as we know what they want is ban ban ban completely.

The problem is with that thinking eventually your back against the wall because as we all know the government doesn't take an inch and then go find something else to do.if they take an inch and it holds up in court they try and take a whole bunch more and as we know what they want is ban ban ban completely.
The issue is that they screwed up in the first place. No laws changed. All this stuff about agencies not being allowed to make rules (BS BTW) applies to the ATF right? Yeah. The brace debacle is a direct result of an ATF rule change 10 years ago. They did not have the authority to do it then either.

well this is a forum were we discuss and give our opinions is it not ? I mean by all means correct me if this is not a place to do that and have a discussion ? You are still free to do whatever you want to do at the end of the day. I don't remember forcing you to do anything. LMAO wow
It is. But you aren't discussing, you're pointing fingers and insulting people.

With all that tough talk, what have YOU done to help with gun rights?

I'm starting to wonder if the people here who are saying a brace is really just a stock have ever actually used a brace like a stock before.

Even the SBA4 brace, which looks and feels the most like a stock (when shouldered) isn't nearly as comfortable or practical as your standard M4 style stock. In fact, it was so noticeably uncomfortable on my 10.5" 5.56 AR build, that I eventually just built a 16" carbine.

Pistol braces have a demonstrable purpose and use, and have unique features to achieve that purpose. Just because people can shoulder them, does not make them a stock. Of course that is using rational thought, which does not really apply to a discussion involving the ATF! 😄

I'm starting to wonder if the people here who are saying a brace is really just a stock have ever actually used a brace like a stock before.

Even the SBA4 brace, which looks and feels the most like a stock (when shouldered) isn't nearly as comfortable or practical as your standard M4 style stock. In fact, it was so noticeably uncomfortable on my 10.5" 5.56 AR build, that I eventually just built a 16" carbine.

Pistol braces have a demonstrable purpose and use, and have unique features to achieve that purpose. Just because people can shoulder them, does not make them a stock. Of course that is using rational thought, which does not really apply to a discussion involving the ATF! 😄
Because its uncomfortable to shoot with means its not a stock? The only "rule" Ive seen about them is 13.5 or less" LOP. I have several stocks under 13.5" LOP.

This is a legal brace. MY legal brace. The only braced gun I have. Really can't tell any difference between a stock and a brace a lot of times. The ONLY reason it hasn't been SBR'd yet is I'm holding out for a free stamp.

GMJctW.jpg

Burying guns does nothing for the cause. Reporting them lost in a boating accident does nothing for the cause. If you are going to do something productive, start attending the monthly Republican Party meetings for your voting district and make time to volunteer for campaign work in election season. The other side had students ringing door bells to get out the vote for 114, how many here can say they did the same for pro-2A candidates?

Also, do join the NRA. We get more clout if we can get 10 million members. Consider becoming an NRA firearms instructor to teach youth so they are not lost to the anti-gun side.

says its a legal brace but its a stock wow LMAO .... did you also click Yes on Measure 114 because hey you already fill a form out and so why not. Hey maybe this is same guy that said "i voted 114 because I figure if I use a 10 round I won't be outgunned by someone else" LMAO !!!!!!!
"No honest needs more than 10 rounds in any gun"
Bill Ruger

IMG_0066 (1).jpg

By the way, where was the righteous indignation about the NFA before they involved YOU in the process?
75 stamps? I see what's going on here, this is textbook Stockholm syndrome. 🤣

Because its uncomfortable to shoot with means its not a stock? The only "rule" Ive seen about them is 13.5 or less" LOP. I have several stocks under 13.5" LOP.

This is a legal brace. MY legal brace. The only braced gun I have. Really can't tell any difference between a stock and a brace a lot of times. The ONLY reason it hasn't been SBR'd yet is I'm holding out for a free stamp.

View attachment 1316623
I'm glad you read the first two paragraphs of my last post! Your question could've been answered if you read them all though! Lol

Amnesty for something that you didn't do illegally??? that's laughable..... nope not falling for that crap. But you do you. Continue being bubblegum on by them breaking all the laws, just look at 114 and yet you're all sitting here going "oh my goodness how can I better abide and bend the knee to these propositions"
This people is why you keep having less rights in this country year after year....
Just wait until you see the built-in breathalyzer in your new 2026 car

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads