JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I heard the words free stamps and my ears perked RTF up! Supposedly theyre going to want to see pics of your braced pistol attached to the form 1. Way ahead of you Joe. I got a business trip coming up next week so I'm leaning right into machining a 11" barrel for a Zastava M76 as soon as I get back. Free stamp . I think I got a brace around here somewhere. Then Ive got a few receivers that are going to get enough crap moved from one to the other to make a whole Potemkin Village of braced pistols. It's going to be glorious.

Yeah, I am serious.

"One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws."
- Martin Luther King, Jr. from his "Letter from a Birmingham Jail," April 16, 1963

Not really. I only have a brace for my Shockwave, nothing else.

First, I prefer bullpups for compact rifles - not a huge fan of SBRs; for most calibers you give up too much.

Second, even if I was a fan, I would probably not go for the NFA registration.

Now - if we ever get to the point where we can have suppressors without paying $200 for each stamp, I will be very tempted. I do not think that is going to happen.

Not really. I only have a brace for my Shockwave, nothing else.

First, I prefer bullpups for compact rifles - not a huge fan of SBRs; for most calibers you give up too much.

Second, even if I was a fan, I would probably not go for the NFA registration.

Now - if we ever get to the point where we can have suppressors without paying $200 for each stamp, I will be very tempted. I do not think that is going to happen.
Im not sure the shockwaves will be affected. Thats a whole different legal issue.

I'm just here to watch and laugh at the meltdown and "bootlicker" comments.

I've got several pistols I've been planning on doing the paperwork for anyway, just waiting for the free stamp season we hear about periodically. I don't care if they know I have another registered NFA item, already have several. They know where I live.

Where are people getting "free stamps" from "amnesty" for SBRs??? 🤔🤔🤔 serious question.
There was a leaked document floating around. Thats their plan for December. Theyre figuring out a way to modify the efile system for form 1's on braced pistols to make them SBR's without the $200 tax but you have to provide a pic proving you actually have one so people like me dont just flood the system with serial numbers

Last Edited:
I don't have any braces, so the $200 in savings would be reduced by the cost of buying one or more braces. I don't need another SBR anyway, and if I change my mine I'll pay the freight.

I don't have any braces, so the $200 in savings would be reduced by the cost of buying one or more braces. I don't need another SBR anyway, and if I change my mine I'll pay the freight.
Get one brace, put it on multiple guns. You don't necessarily even have to really attach it; it just needs to look like it is attached.

More power to those who want an SBR anyway, but just didn't want to pay the $200.

Probably nothing. Never did the brace thing, all our shorties are stamped, and I'm done with NFA, once our last one is complete.

Granted the idea of a free tax stamp is interesting, but probably not enough for me to bother. (This wouldn't be unprecedented; IIRC, they did that when certain scatterguns were reclassed as DDs back in the early 90s. One had to do all the registration BS, but the actual tax cost was waved because they reversed the ruling after the fact.)

So, meh.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads