JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pistol braces are a gimmick. Form 1 SBR and I never looked back.
I built my pistol in 2016. It's not like SBRs are not without rules. Within those rules, including pre braces, pistols were easier to move about and had legal benefits. Today, pistols are still legal. It shouldn't really be an argument just a preference.

I built my pistol in 2016. It's not like SBRs are not without rules. Within those rules, including pre braces, pistols were easier to move about and had legal benefits. Today, pistols are still legal. It shouldn't really be an argument just a preference.
Well those dangerous "high capacity mags" aren't. Haha.

I could care less if people have braces. But if we are honest, people run braces so they can have a "SBR" with less restrictions and no tax stamp. If you just want an AR pistol then just toss the brace. It should matter anyway if the "pistol" is the important part.

People are mad about the braces cause now shouldering the "pistol" isn't as convenient or comfortable.

Last Edited:
I'm sure we can thank our insurance companies
I hate drunk drivers. And driving is a privilege not a right. I'd actually be ok with proving sobriety before getting on the road. Of course there would be ways around it. That may not be a popular opinion. Whatever.

If your sober and behind the wheel what does it matter? Or are we going to argue for driving under the influence.

You'll just have to drink after you blow. Road sodas anyone?

Pistol braces are a gimmick. Form 1 SBR and I never looked back.
Exactly! I can take my AR pistols out of state without having the required "permission slip" to take an SBR out of state... :s0092:

I hate drunk drivers. And driving is a privilege not a right. I'd actually be ok with proving sobriety before getting on the road. Of course there would be ways around it. That may not be a popular opinion. Whatever.

If your sober and behind the wheel what does it matter? Or are we going to argue for driving under the influence.

You'll just have to drink after you blow. Road sodas anyone?
I have no objection to people who have been found guilty of driving while under the influence being forced to buy a breathalyzer, but I do object to being forced to prove my innocence before even being found guilty & forcing me to pay for it in a higher-priced car is just another slap in the face

I have no objection to people who have been found guilty of driving while under the influence being forced to buy a breathalyzer, but I do object to being forced to prove my innocence before even being found guilty & forcing me to pay for it in a higher-priced car is just another slap in the face
I can agree with that

Exactly! I can take my AR pistols out of state without getting the required "permission slip" one needs to have in order to do the same thing with an SBR.
Exactly. So just take the brace off. You still have the pistol. IF the ATF goes that route.

Precisely my point, belief, and reason for down-voting this bullshiit. I'm not the one driving drunk, and being forced to prove I'm not is an insult and an affront.

That's what I'll do, IF the AFT bans them.
Personally I think the brace, bump stock, etc are all gimmicks/work around. With that said I don't think people should be restricted from having them.

I can personally still think they are stupid though. Haha.

I disagree.

I agree.

I agree. We are free to think as we will. So far...
If they aren't work around me then what are they? That's a real/serious question. Not trying to be an a$$ like normal.

If they aren't work around me then what are they? That's a real/serious question. Not trying to be an a$$ like normal.
They are 100% a workaround. I can guaran-damn-tee you that 999/1000 braces purchased were purchased with the SOLE intent oF shouldering it.

I did the same thing as everyone else for a short time. Then I decided to go SBR because I didn't like the rules on what I can or can't mount to it. Now that I can run any true stock I want and compliment that with any VFG I want the gun feels, shoots and handles better than it ever could as a "pistol".

As far as crossing state lines with it…..I do it all the time on the way to my gun range. And?

No one cares about binary triggers. FRT triggers sure because if you know how they work yeah, they pretty much are machine guns. [...] Short Barrel Rifles ? Theyve been illegal without a form 1 or 4 for a long time.
FRTs only fire one round per function of the trigger. They should be completely legal by the plain reading of the law. If the ATF doesn't like it they don't get to just make up a new twisted interpretation of whatever they feel like. Congress passes laws, ATF can only enforce them.

I feel the need to point out that the only historical reason we have SBR/SBS laws is because congress tried to ban all handguns and then, when the backlash was too great, reversed their decision but neglected to remove the short barreled language meant to prevent people from turning long guns into hand guns to circumvent their handgun ban.

Personally I think the brace, bump stock, etc are all gimmicks/work around. With that said I don't think people should be restricted from having them.

I can personally still think they are stupid though. Haha.
I think braces are the result of stupid laws, without stupid laws the stupid braces don't exist.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top