JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
More unjust infringements of the Second Amendment…
Elections have consequences.

311473214_10100227257636494_1769297393354912554_n.jpg

With everything going on in OR right now, a piece of plastic is pretty low on my list of worries. I also gave up on the dumb braces when I went SBR and I'll never look back.

And all the talk of "don't want to register" is silly. If you have ever purchased a firearm on a 4473, they got your info. Unless.....

1. You've never purchased a firearm on a 4473
2. You've never registered to vote
3. You've never had a drivers license or any other license of any kind granted by any .gov agency
4. You don't have any kind of insurance
5. You don't own a home or a bank account
6. You don't post on the internet. Especially a gun forum

Sorry to burst the bubble, but nobody is invisible.

And all the talk of "don't want to register" is silly. If you have ever purchased a firearm on a 4473, they got your info. Unless.....

3. You've never had a drivers license or any other license of any kind granted by any .gov agency

They don't need to see whether or not the third hole identifies as being drilled out or not 🤭

So you are saying they go after the form 1 first? Low hanging fruit. There seems to be a priority list. Binary AR triggers ahead of the Glock switch.

by that logic then we don't need to register anything.....problem solved, won't register anything ;)

So you are saying they go after the form 1 first? Low hanging fruit. There seems to be a priority list. Binary AR triggers ahead of the Glock switch.
Of course they are going after the easy pickings. That's the only thing they can do.

No one cares about binary triggers. FRT triggers sure because if you know how they work yeah, they pretty much are machine guns. Glock switches are machine guns but are harder to track given the way they have been snuck into the country. Cant pull them out of circulation if you dont know where they are. I know half a dozen places you can get one right now if you feel like paying in bitcoin. Short Barrel Rifles ? Theyve been illegal without a form 1 or 4 for a long time. The ATF pulled a dumbass around 10 years ago and allowed for braces after someone at SIG apparently slipped someone at ATF tech a big fat envelope. As Bruen shows us agencies cant do that sort of thing ( What it really did was put it in the hands of the judiciary ) . .

Nobody bought a pistol brace to use it as a brace. Now people are mad that they aren't supposed to shoulder something that wasn't supposed to be shouldered to begin with.

I have a SBA3 brace laying around, maybe I should sell it? :D

Nobody bought a pistol brace to use it as a brace. Now people are mad that they aren't supposed to shoulder something that wasn't supposed to be shouldered to begin with.

but the law isn't saying you'll be in trouble if you shoulder it. it's saying your weapon is now SBR and it itsn't because the brace is for using as a brace..... its' not a stock..... sooooooooooo yeah stop arguing for the other side's logic they're pulling out of their bubblegum to turn bubblegum they originally approved for purchase now magically changing their mind. And they don't get to make the rules. There job is to enforce laws not make them up.

The problem is, a lot of people bought them after the ATF said they didn't care how they were used. Can't fault people after the fact.

The problem is, a lot of people bought them after the ATF said they didn't care how they were used. Can't fault people after the fact.
It was always a gray area. I remember the ATF saying it was ok for certain products to be shouldered. Then all the manufactures stopped even remotely caring about making a "brace" and just made shorty stocks with a piece of velcro attached to it. That right there is what did it.

Using a credit/debit card to buy from gun dealers or from businesses that produce and sell firearms accessories (ie. holsters) means that Big Brother just acquired your information too. One must use cash for anonymity.

So? The ATF screwed up and declared pistol braces aren't buttstocks when they clearly are. That didn't change the law. At some point it became clearly evident that the ATF didn't have the authority to make a law change and that is reflected in the EPA decision. PXL_20220827_132323489.jpg

AR's and AK's were never designed or intended to be a "pistol". Sig invented the brace with actual intentions of it being able to be strapped to one's arm. Other manufacturers that followed just kept cutting it down more and more until they became small shoulder stocks with ZERO intention of ever being used as a brace.

A few months back there was discussion of a possible "amnesty" to form 1, anything further on that? I really don't want to have to go that route as these will become my kids' firearms and they are too young to put in a trust.

A few months back there was discussion of a possible "amnesty" to form 1, anything further on that? I really don't want to have to go that route as these will become my kids' firearms and they are too young to put in a trust.
Amnesty for something that you didn't do illegally??? that's laughable..... nope not falling for that crap. But you do you. Continue being bubblegum on by them breaking all the laws, just look at 114 and yet you're all sitting here going "oh my goodness how can I better abide and bend the knee to these propositions"
This people is why you keep having less rights in this country year after year....

Amnesty for something that you didn't do illegally??? that's laughable..... nope not falling for that crap. But you do you. Continue being bubblegum on by them breaking all the laws, just look at 114 and yet you're all sitting here going "oh my goodness how can I better abide and bend the knee to these propositions"
This people is why you keep having less rights in this country year after year....
Listen, i asked a simple question and am not at all interested in this nonsense. You are correct in saying that me do me and you do you. In the mean time, I'd like to stay out of prison. I get where you are coming from but jumping all over someone like you did will never be a help, won't get anything done or started, and just makes a person sound bitter.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top