JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am thinning out my collection. Don't really want to sell more but haven't been shooting much. I have a wilson combat protector 11" "Pistol" is how it's stamped. I registered as an SBR. Talked to ATF said if I pull the stock off then it's ok to sell normally. Probably want to to sell in Oregon cause the laws on this vary from state to state. I usually use GB. Last I checked their guidelines said to pull off the brace kinda looks dumb like that. I have a nice brace for it. If I sell in Oregon whats the issue now? Pistol braces are ok? If I sell on GB, I have thought it's up to the receiving FFL to verify the state laws.

fns.jpg

Due to the injunction, it would be legal to sell in any state that permitted braced pistols prior to the amnesty, that has not since made 'assault style' weapons illegal like Washington. That being said, not every FFL in another state, or even in Oregon is necessarily going cotton to this notion, so if you go GB then you should stipulate that the 'buyer' is responsible for knowing the laws regarding this type of firearm in their state of residence. I would also post 'no refunds'. This should suppress some of the giddy ones, but is no gaurantee. I would also post that if a buyer has no, or limited posive feedback, that they be requied to go through the leg work prior to the sale of getting confirmation from their FFL that this is a go. You don't have to post all that in your Ad., but just someting to the effect that they will need to contact you prior to bidding.

JP9

Last Edited:
Due to the injunction, it would be legal to sell in any state that permitted braced pistols prior to the amnesty, that has not since made 'assault style' weapons illegal like Washington. That being said, not every FFL in another state, or even in Oregon is necessarily going cotton to this notion, so if you go GB then you should stipulate that the 'buyer' is responsible for knowing the laws regarding this type of firearm in their state of residence. I would also post 'no refunds'. This should suppress some of the giddy ones, but is no gaurantee. I would also post that if a buyer has no, or limied posive feedback, that they be requied to go through the leg work prior to the sale of getting confirmation from their FFL that this is a go. You don't have to post all that in your Ad., but just someting to the effect that they will need to contact you prior to bidding.

JP9
Thanks great help.Appreciate it,

GB

stipulate that the 'buyer' is responsible for knowing the laws regarding this type of firearm in their state of residence.

'no refunds'.

Note: As the shipper I am responsible for obtaining FFL licence.

If payment clears and says no refunds should be ok.

You can remove it from the NFA Registry.

There are a few form letter examples on the 'net for doing this. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

There are also some who believe simply returning the rifle to a non-NFA configuration accomplishes the same thing. I haven't seen any evidence that either method is wrong or right. Sending a letter to the ATF at least establishes your intent in uncertain terms, so I don't see the harm. It may even give the buyer some peace of mind.

Thanks great help.Appreciate it,

GB

stipulate that the 'buyer' is responsible for knowing the laws regarding this type of firearm in their state of residence.

'no refunds'.

Note: As the shipper I am responsible for obtaining FFL licence.

If payment clears and says no refunds should be ok.
One last thing to consider is that if you, or a potential buyer, did not want to deal with the hassel of NFA, you could also just deregister it. In addition to the current SBR having now to be transfered on a Form 4, requiring the buyer to pony up the $200 for the tax stamp, not every FFL dealer can accept the shipment in. It would have to be a dealer with a special occupational tax(payer) (SOT).

I'm in the same boat as you are. I currently have one of my SBRs up on this forum's classifieds.

JP9

One last thing to consider is that if you, or a potential buyer, did not want to deal with the hassel of NFA, you could also just deregister it. In addition to the current SBR having now to be transfered on a Form 4, requiring the buyer to pony up the $200 for the tax stamp, not every FFL dealer can accept the shipment in. It would have to be a dealer with a special occupational tax(payer) (SOT).

I'm in the same boat as you are. I currently have one of my SBRs up on this forum's classifieds.

JP9
Nosferatu beat me to the punch ; )

Easiest is one of two things....
1. Sell upper and lower separately.
2. Put pistol brace back on and sell as pistol.

Absolutely NO reason to "deregister" it. That's not really a thing anyway. All it does is update the registry as a permanent change. And if you're expecting a response from the ATF before selling your firearm, you'll be waiting a long time.

It is not an NFA item under NFA regulation if it is not in a NFA configuration.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top