JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One chance to get something together that won't get thrown out of the lowest district court the first day.otherwise it's months of legal wrangling down the tubes.Ts getting crossed and Is getting dotted right now
I get that. Again, not disagreeing with you. I just don't believe an anti-gun agency, such as the AFT has become, is going to get it right the first time.
They're marching to the sound of drums that are being beat by ideologically far-Left, anti-gun, drum majors...
That being said, I will be pleasantly surprised if whatever comes down from the AFT is even the slightest bit palatable to the pro-2A constituency.

Who cares what the ATF opinion is...... also gun owners need to start looking out for each other.
Who cares? People who want to stay out of federal prison.

Tell you what, you want to see how fast your friends disavow your existence? Get under investigation for an NFA offense.

Last Edited:
I gotta ask; is this out in hard copy anywhere or just circulating from the rumor mill, or what?
From the AFT's own website... At the bottom of this page there is a link to a sample Worksheet 4999. There is also a link to Proposed Rule 2021R-08, which I pasted immediately below.

Proposed Rule 2021R-08 is currently under consideration. The proposed rule, if enacted, would change the definition of what qualifies as a stabilizing brace, and hence, the qualifying characteristics of what constitutes a braced firearm. Scroll down the page about 1/4 of the way and there is a clickable link to a sample Worksheet 4999. Score 4 points or more on this worksheet (if it becomes law next month) and you have an SBR.

Last Edited:
Got myself a JAKL from PSA, one of the first things I did was remove the brace...

More so to be a pistol and make it smaller, but also easier to sling for under arm...

20221113_152001.jpg

If they say no braces, I'll remove them and get some pool noodles to stick on the buffer tube and run it that way...

From the AFT's own website...

Proposed Rule 2021R-08 is currently under consideration. This would change the definition and qualifying characteristics of what constitutes a braced firearm.
There is a link to a sample Worksheet 4999 on the page linked above.
That was their warning shot. They haven't finalized their opinion yet and wont until next month.

Got myself a JAKL from PSA, one of the first things I did was remove the brace...

More so to be a pistol and make it smaller, but also easier to sling for under arm...

View attachment 1316109

If they say no braces, I'll remove them and get some pool noodles to stick on the buffer tube and run it that way...
Fyi if you put a folding brace on it you lose nothing as far as portability or ease of concealment.

Ultimate example of going from concealed to stabilized shooting:

10.5" 556 gun folded and unfolded:

That was their warning shot. They haven't finalized their opinion yet and wont until next month.
Yup. I know that. I was directing Hooyah to info from the horse'sass mouth, rather than internet supposition and rumor-milling. He can figure it out from there...

They haven't released anything . This is all bored people making bubblegum up
Stuff your attitude. 🤣 We all know you get all warm, fuzzy and head over hills giddy whenever gooberment does a smack down on the free public.

It IS mainly rumor until proven one way or the other, but it's weighted a bit from folks that have professional contacts within the alphabet and makes reasonable sense that there may be a revision or an abandonment of 4999. It's also pretty common for them to release some info prior to dropping a new rule to guage potential public response. Happens every time.

I would bet more on a revision than an abandoment, becasuse... well.. they have been ordered to infringe and infringe they will.

Anything they put out though is going to be challenged simply because they can't get away from the fact that any "rule" is going to exceed their authority. They are redefining firearm definitions... period. They aren't permitted by law to do that... period. To what degree they are overreaching doesn't matter... period.

Some people, obviously, feel they are going to do what they are going to do and everyone should just shut up and accept it. To do otherwise just makes you stoopid. Conform or go to jail.

Also obvious is that a free people may not be silenced and will defend their rights to the best of their ability. You're welcome! :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top