JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Or take the stock off. Put a brace (as long as they have a different legal status than a stock) on instead, or leave the stock on and install a 16" upper. Now it is not an SBR in that configuration, no state line issue.

It sounds like in that brace trap video the wa gun law guy is saying:

ATF: "come sign up for your free anmensty registration". Then when they have the data on your gun including serial number, photos of the gun, photos of you and your fingerprints, they can say:

"oh, you don't qualify for the free stamp based on the scorecard, therefore pay us $200 for the stamp or surrender the illegal weapon".

It would be a very effective way to find out where they are because poeple will willingly give up the info thinking they are signing up for a free stamp "amnesty". But because the way the scorecard is written almost no guns will get less than 4 points so almost no guns will get a free stamp. All it would do is provide data on the gun and you to the atf and commit you to either paying for the stamp or surrendering it to them.

And remember the purpose of the 1968 machine gun registry was to find out where they were and try to get a handle on all the unregistered machine guns out there. So it is consistent with that (fwiw). ATF can't possibly try to track down the millions of braces out there based on sales records and door to door visits like they are currently doing with gunbroker sold triggers. They need some way to find out where they are.

It's an interesting take on it I think and worthy of thought.

Here is a video on the 1968 machine gun amnesty for anyone interested. They had the same problem back then, "how do we find out where they are and get control of them?"

Last Edited:
It sounds like in that brace trap video the wa gun law guy is saying:

ATF: "come sign up for your free anmensty registration". Then when they have the data on your gun including serial number, photos of the gun, photos of you and your fingerprints, they can say:

"oh, you don't qualify for the free stamp based on the scorecard, therefore pay us $200 for the stamp or surrender the illegal weapon".

It would be a very effective way to find out where they are because poeple will willingly give up the info thinking they are signing up for a free stamp "amnesty". But because the way the scorecard is written almost no guns will get less than 4 points so almost no guns will get a free stamp. All it would do is provide data on the gun and you to the atf and commit you to either paying for the stamp or surrendering it to them.

And remember the purpose of the 1968 machine gun registry was to find out where they were and try to get a handle on all the unregistered machine guns out there. So it is consistent with that (fwiw). ATF can't possibly try to track down the millions of braces out there based on sales records and door to door visits like they are currently doing with gunbroker sold triggers. They need some way to find out where they are.

It's an interesting take on it I think and worthy of thought.

Here is a video on the 1968 machine gun amnesty for anyone interested. They had the same problem back then, "how do we find out where they are and get control of them?"

And just like the 94 amnesty on DDs nothing happened.

65,000 machine guns registered in one month in 1968. Official number lowered to 57,000 later on. Surely the number of braced weapons in the wild now (estimated to be 20-40 million) far exceeds the numbers of unregistered machine guns in 1968. I talked to a brace manufacturer today (by happenstance as I wanted to make sure the brace I ordered didn't arrive via FedEx) and he said sig sold 200k per month when they first came out. Also communication is better now so more poeple are likely to know of an amnesty vs 1968. So the number of registrations could be well in the millions, who knows.

65,000 machine guns registered in one month in 1968. Official number lowered to 57,000 later on. Surely the number of braced weapons in the wild now (estimated to be 20-40 million) far exceeds the numbers of unregistered machine guns in 1968. Also communication is better now so more poeple are likely to know of an amnesty vs 1968. So the number of registrations could be well in the millions, who knows.
🤷‍♂️ you know the ATF has held that if you use
"Antipersonnel" rounds in your 37mm flare launcher, it's a DD because of that. Rubber batons, tear gas, rubber shot balls. Bean bags, all fall under "antipersonnel" rounds and other than 12ga ammo, are considered DDs. Unless you're a LEO/Agency/Military and are thus exempt

65,000 machine guns registered in one month in 1968. Official number lowered to 57,000 later on. Surely the number of braced weapons in the wild now (estimated to be 20-40 million) far exceeds the numbers of unregistered machine guns in 1968. I talked to a brace manufacturer today (by happenstance as I wanted to make sure the brace I ordered didn't arrive via FedEx) and he said sig sold 200k per month when they first came out. Also communication is better now so more poeple are likely to know of an amnesty vs 1968. So the number of registrations could be well in the millions, who knows.
3-7 million max. Per ATF numbers. 15% compliance rate if that. 400 million guns in country by most estimates. Really think one on ten is a braced pistol? Really? Seriously?

🤷‍♂️ you know the ATF has held that if you use
"Antipersonnel" rounds in your 37mm flare launcher, it's a DD because of that. Rubber batons, tear gas, rubber shot balls. Bean bags, all fall under "antipersonnel" rounds and other than 12ga ammo, are considered DDs. Unless you're a LEO/Agency/Military and are thus exempt
My 37 mm launcher is a registered DD.

3-7 million max. Per ATF numbers. 15% compliance rate if that. 400 million guns in country by most estimates. Really think one on ten is a braced pistol? Really? Seriously?
ATF speaks with forked tongue so I don't trust their numbers. I could see a ratio of 1:20 but not 1:10 personally. I know people with pretty big collections and ratio is closer to 1:5. Someone else who only likes classic guns may have zero. It's all guesswork though. It's a large number that's for sure.

ATF speaks with forked tongue so I don't trust their numbers. I could see a ratio of 1:20 but not 1:10 personally. I know people with pretty big collections and ratio is closer to 1:5. Someone else who only likes classic guns may have zero. It's all guesswork though. It's a large number that's for sure.
I see people buying actual pistols and rifles and occasionally a braced pistol or non braced pistol at the gun stores. I think 5 million is probably close. I've never seen verification of anything higher than that. Big numbers get thrown around to scare people who are easily scared IMHO

I was reminded at the 9:33 mark in this video that your sbr cannot be with someone else while you are not present. So if you lent it to a family member Fe they and you would both be at risk for felony prosecution if you are not present.

They have these things called NFA trusts. Multiple people can be listed as trustees and can take/use whatever firearms are in the trust at anytime.

-E'

They have these things called NFA trusts. Multiple people can be listed as trustees and can take/use whatever firearms are in the trust at anytime.

-E'
This is the way I ensure that my wife and I can use any of our shared household appliances; purchase them under a trust!

When guests visit, gotta put it all away though!

Name anything the Government gives you for FREE.

Nothing is FREE.

They are attempting to buy your rights for $200 and people are excited to line up at that opportunity!
WAKE UP!

This smells a lot like a trap.
The picture requirement is pretty much self incrimination if their rule changes are upheld.

When I bought my braced pistol it was perfectly legal to purchase and own, and use as I wanted.
Now some alphabet.gov group says that now it is a felony to own, unless you pay us this tax and register/submit to their whims?
Gee, we're real sorry for the mix up, here's a free $200 tax stamp to pay for the rights you are losing so we can continue to trample your rights into the future, get in line over there for your free cheese.
Greenbug your comment after reading these last 5 pages is the only comment that has figured out the intent of the ATF. most of you must be young to belive this ATF BS. in my 74 years living in America i can not name 1 thing that the ATF has done to help any Gun owners in America, can you. NOTHING IS FREE FROM THE GOVERMENT. they want your Guns and they will use any Trick to get them. and at this point in time in America it should be plain to see by Gun owners if your Really paying Attention. all Registration of Firearms and accessary's is to find out who has what.

Last Edited:
Newest video of wa gun law guy on what he thinks is an ATF trap.

I noticed he is assuming a couple things: 1) that the scorecard which was in the draft rule will be used, and 2) that "qualify" (as used in the one paragraph "amnesty" leak on the form 1 change document) means they will use the scorecard to see if a pistol with brace qualifies for the amnesty and if not, the owner will have to get regular $200 sbr stamp or surrender the weapon.

He may well be right in both accounts, but unless some more leaks happen we probably won't know until the December final rule comes out.

Newest video of wa gun law guy on what he thinks is an ATF trap.

I noticed he is assuming a couple things: 1) that the scorecard which was in the draft rule will be used, and 2) that "qualify" (as used in the one paragraph "amnesty" leak on the form 1 change document) means they will use the scorecard to see if a pistol with brace qualifies for the amnesty and if not, the owner will have to get regular $200 sbr stamp or surrender the weapon.

He may well be right in both accounts, but unless some more leaks happen we probably won't know until the December final rule comes out.

Yeah well a lot of people making blind assumptions. I think they'll just do the same thing they did in 1994 and do a tax free registration as an SBR . They want to see that you have a braced pistol to qualify. Thats about it.

The entire concept of it being a trap is absurd. You think theyre going to offer amnesty and then jail all the people who apply for amnesty? Does ANYONE in their right mind really think that would hold up in court?

Last Edited:
I'm keeping my plan the same for constancy, sweet sweet constancy-- I'm going to allow Arizona's Second Amendment Sanctuary State status to CMA 'Cover my a ss'

For those of you who aren't sure the Sanctuary State Law is adequate coverage, please tell me about the last State that lost Federal Matching Funds for being a 'Sanctuary State'...

Yeah well a lot of people making blind assumptions. I think they'll just do the same thing they did in 1994 and do a tax free registration as an SBR . They want to see that you have a braced pistol to qualify. Thats about it.

The entire concept of it being a trap is absurd. You think theyre going to offer amnesty and then jail all the people who apply for amnesty? Does ANYONE in their right mind really think that would hold up in court?
Have you been watching what's happened to the Jan 6th protesters?

Did they really commit the first gun-less insurrection in 250 years or are democrats just full of it?

Also it kinda seems like Capitol Police holding doors open for Jan 6 protesters were actually 'trapping' them in the Capitol Building...

Nothing is free from the .gov and it's not a amnesty, look up the definition of the word.
Exactly my point. Again, I have no idea where people are getting "free tax stamp" for AR15 pistols with braces. All I am getting are 1 sentence, from a "leaked document" that may or may not be actual plans, and assertions that it's gotta be free if they are supposedly changing how the form 1 E-files are being done.. but in reality, the best I can think, that is more realistic is to look at the 1968 Machine Gun registry thing and how it impacted people with previously unregistered MGs?

Last Edited:
Nothing is free from the .gov and it's not a amnesty, look up the definition of the word.
Not if, WHEN they make braced pistols the same as SBR's they will issue an amnesty because at that point you will have a contraband SBR. You will have a period where you can amnesty register it as an SBR . After that period is over it will be just be a contraband SBR, a federal felony, unless you decide to remove the stock or put a long barrel on it. The chances are pretty good they will do a tax free form 1 the same way they did in 1994. There have been leaked reports of it but nothing in writing about free stamps yet although if they want compliance they will do it. Theyre spending like drunken sailors already whats a few hundred more here and there?. You dont have to comply . They hardly ever prosecute SBR charges but taking it out of the home is going to be dicey isn't it?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top