JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They're like cops writing tickets . Ticket money goes into the general fund for the county, city etc and the city/county pays for the cops.

The ATF gets a LOT more money flowing in from the alcohol and tobacco side of the building. The ATF administers the program and the IRS collects it.
It would be interesting to see how much excess revenue ATF regulated items generate in relation to the cost to run the ATF.

More to the point, would it be considered constructive possession?
I dont see why not. Not that that it ever comes up unless you are selling a pistol and a stock/brace in the same box to an ATF agent. it has happened. Rare but its not unprecedented.

Last Edited:
All of this amnesty talk only applies to AR pistols with braces, right?

If I build a piston AR pistol without a buffer tube or stock it is just a pistol with no need to check it against the ATF Worksheet 4999 for sights or red dots, right?

Taking the bribe isn't probably the best idea.
Ive already got an SBR. If they are passing out free stamps, or even just one free stamp Ill get another SBR. I own a silly amount of firearms these days.. and having an SBR already, Im on the "list" anyhow. I figure @wired and I will be the case study and the forum can see if we both get raided.

I obviously wouldnt SBR all my pistols.. but a free stamp is a free stamp. I got about 3-4 firearms that would make for fun SBR's as they are merely range toys anyway.

Ive already got an SBR. If they are passing out free stamps, or even just one free stamp Ill get another SBR. I own a silly amount of firearms these days.. and having an SBR already, Im on the "list" anyhow. I figure @wired and I will be the case study and the forum can see if we both get raided.

I obviously wouldnt SBR all my pistols.. but a free stamp is a free stamp. I got about 3-4 firearms that would make for fun SBR's as they are merely range toys anyway.
They know where I live. Hell I probably have a big fat file and my own special agent.

Wow!!! I'm not even participating in this thread, and I'm being quoted!!!

No idea I had such a level of influence. :D

-E-
Apparently you really made an impact on someone. Either that or really hurt their feelings…. Haha.

They know where I live. Hell I probably have a big fat file and my own special agent.

My Agent.jpg

Just spitballing here, According to the AFT, the lower is what's serialized and registered as the SBR, pistol, or rifle. If they want a photo, why not take one of a lower without a brace or stock? How about a stripped lower with a buffer tube attached? If I remove the upper, it's not an SBR, even though the serial number says it is. The whole thing is as f'd up as a monkey dancing with a football and is total nonsense.

Just spitballing here, According to the AFT, the lower is what's serialized and registered as the SBR, pistol, or rifle. If they want a photo, why not take one of a lower without a brace or stock? How about a stripped lower with a buffer tube attached? If I remove the upper, it's not an SBR, even though the serial number says it is. The whole thing is as f'd up as a monkey dancing with a football and is total nonsense.
They just to ensure you have an actual braced pistol and not just a receiver you are saying is a braced pistol so you can get a SBR stamp for free. Like I would be doing if they were saying ( or maybe going to say? Im so confused) free stamps for everyone.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top