JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got the first one built...

Here, I fixed it for you. The less well known moron is ATF Director Steven Dettelbach.

uibracebox_Biden_ATFSteven Dettelbach.jpg

All of this amnesty talk only applies to AR pistols with braces, right?

If I build a piston AR pistol without a buffer tube or stock it is just a pistol with no need to check it against the ATF Worksheet 4999 for sights or red dots, right?
That's the weird part. Looking at the form they mention a plain pistol buffer tube. So you could put a handstop, red dot, and a few other things on an AR pistol without a brace and it would still be an SBR according to the ATF.

That's the weird part. Looking at the form they mention a plain pistol buffer tube. So you could put a handstop, red dot, and a few other things on an AR pistol without a brace and it would still be an SBR according to the ATF.
Possibly, but I dunno since the worksheet is meant to determine if it is shoulder fired rifle vs. a pistol with an attachment. If it's neither a rifle or a pistol with a rear attachment, it would simply be a pistol... I'm guessing.

Maybe not though if it falls within the weight and overall lengths covered by that worksheet(?)

Personally I wouldn't put any time into trying to figure out their scoresheet. It may not exist at all once the final rule comes out. One could spend hours trying to figure it out and work around it and it may all
Be a waste of time. Wait until final rule
Comes out or more leaked but accurate info comes out would be my suggestion.

Not really. I only have a brace for my Shockwave, nothing else.

First, I prefer bullpups for compact rifles - not a huge fan of SBRs; for most calibers you give up too much.

Second, even if I was a fan, I would probably not go for the NFA registration.

Now - if we ever get to the point where we can have suppressors without paying $200 for each stamp, I will be very tempted. I do not think that is going to happen.
Give up too much? Oh you mean they're about $1,500.00 more?

It is just a ploy to let you show what you have. Then they can deny your form one and they will have proof you possess an unregistered SBR after they ban pistol braces.

To reply to the above, I would not cheer any ruling that allows the ATF to treat them as stocks. I am not an enemy of braces. My point is that it is ironic when brace advocates criticize SBR owners for bowing to the queen when they are also bowing to the queen, just in a way that is $200 cheaper.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a SBR owner need to notify ATF when transporting out of state?

2 good reasons not to register...no one's biz to know what you own, and where you take it.

People are too afraid of the government to really stand up and make a change.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a SBR owner need to notify ATF when transporting out of state?

2 good reasons not to register...no one's biz to know what you own, and where you take it.

One form once a year by email.

Interesting video about how amnesty could be a trap.

Also I noticed on another video he said said even if the tax stamp is free right now the gov could come back later and demand you pay for the stamp.

Makes me wonder if in the future the gov may see that $4 billion? revenue stream (note that right now Biden administration has declared a war on e-commerce surrounding guns) and decide that getting people to pay up may be an additional way to turn up the pressure on gun owners or get them to surrender those guns if they can't or won't pay. They will after all know where each of them that has registered is. And they have shown this month that they are willing to go door to door.

Last Edited:

I was reminded at the 9:33 mark in this video that your sbr cannot be with someone else while you are not present. So if you lent it to a family member Fe they and you would both be at risk for felony prosecution if you are not present.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads