JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I never did any biz on that web site. To me that was the Craigslist of the gun cumminity. Way too many scamers for me.
Agreed. At least in the little I was on there back in the day. I saw enough listings that were either someone being really stupid or an alphabet agency trolling for equally moronic individuals. No thanks.

Isn't an offer the very same as "I'll take it"?
I'll get back to you is not the same. "I'll get back to you." at best, means "I'm interested. but not ready to buy." but usually just means "Later"

"I'll take it." is the magic phrase that seals the deal.

I sell very little and mostly buy. That said there are many "ghost sellers" as well. Post an item then never log in to check to see how many PM''s, ignore PM's altogether or let PM box fill so nobody can send a reply.
I run into this all the time. No reply, ad still open.

He asked YOU to bring something YOU had for sale for him to look at it?

Why couldn't HE come to you? I mean, that seems more usual and customary.
Personally, I would never bring a stranger to my house. Especially not for something firearm related.

Personally, I would never bring a stranger to my house. Especially not for something firearm related.
I understand this however a safe, close public place for the seller could be chosen yet one where the prospective buyer still has the longer distance to travel.

Iv'e done this myself in the, past, pre SB 941, when I was buying/selling/trading approx. 5-7 guns a year.

I make a distinction between asking for additional information and making an offer or telling a seller, "I'll take it!"

I never count on something being sold until I have cash in hand. As a seller I expect people to ask questions and request more information. As a buyer I like to have as much information as I can before I agree to purchase something. It can be a huge pain in the neck as a seller and I usually don't sell much here because of that.

If I tell someone I'm going to buy it I will follow through. I have had several high feedback notable people on this website flake out and welch on a deal after agreeing to purchase an item. On other websites welching on a deal gets you kicked off. I place those people on my ignore list.

I'll get back to you is not the same. "I'll get back to you." at best, means "I'm interested. but not ready to buy." but usually just means "Later"

"I'll take it." is the magic phrase that seals the deal.
An offer is not "I'll get back to you"'. There was a cash offer made that was agreed to and then nothing.

You really shouldn't have any expectation of our members not being flakey.
Bitter truth if ever there was such. "From all walks of life" might apply. Don't expect monk-like behavior just because the subject involves guns.

Firearm Meet ups with random internet dudes...
What could go wrong?
My favorite point of truistic sarcasm in this entire thread.

I make a distinction between asking for additional information and making an offer or telling a seller, "I'll take it!"
Very big but important distinction.

Many times

"Hi, still got this?"
"Hey I am interested."
"Hello, do you still have this?"

Then "poof"

crickets GIF

There was a cash offer made that was agreed to and then nothing.
You've been around a long time and have made many transactions. Is this the first time this has happened to you? I haven't been around anywhere near as long as you and I've had would-be buyers leave me hanging twice. One even agreed to meet and was a no-show. The question is, what can you do about it? How about a PM telling him exactly what you think? Probably won't do any good but might make you feel better.

Anyone here discuss a seller ghosting? I've agreed to purchase everal items, then once the seller says "ok" I try to set up the legal transfer/meet and poof.

I figure that means someone got cash into his hand before you did. I've had people tell me they would hold an item for me, only to drive an hour there to hear "yeah, sorry that's sold" or no answer.

You've been around a long time and have made many transactions. Is this the first time this has happened to you?
Honestly? Here? YES!, yes I have been around a while. I have had a very excellent wonderful track record with many old timers here. The 2 that come to mind for years of back and forth biz is Eldbilbo and Mygrainman. I am very sure there are several more. This individual is fairly new with a low post and reactions count with a low single digit feedback. Not a way to leave a good impression.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top