JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's a good Wednesday right there
One weird item he sold to me was a side charging BCG with carrier cut down. I had been thinking about cutting down one of my carriers for a single shot AR pistol project but could never bring myself to do it. For $20 I couldn't say no to that BCG. He also had a side charging upper for another $20. He gave me a free factory Bushmaster 308 mag as well. Originally I was only meeting him to buy factory DPMS 308 barrel with no threads and target crown. It was a good day.

I even had time to hit Grocery Outlet in Salem off Front. They had a few good deals in there too.

Flakes, low ballers and no shows are all too common, even in person. I've even had a person agree to a price before hand, meet up and say they had to go to the bank to get the money. And ghosted me.

I tend to assume that if the deal isn't happening "right now" it probably isn't happening at all unless I have good reason to believe otherwise such as prior deals or long excellent feedback

Heck, I even had a guy agree to buy my XDS and when he showed up he said "I thought it would be bigger"... Like dude, it's a 5 round .45 with a 3" barrel. What did you think the "S" stood for, "Supersize"??

grindr.jpg

Well.... I don't think additional general info questions are out of line. I ask additionals on occassion because many sellers neglect to post relevent info in the actual listings. Sometimes no-brainer type info... IE., selling mags but neglect to post a photo where you can see the capacity and it isn't mentioned in the listing. Or fail to mention the overall use/condition of an item (new? lightly used? banged to hell but still functional? missing parts? etc)
This right here.

I rarely buy or sell. I'll glance at the classifieds now and then to see if there's anything interesting, but it's not my primary reason for coming here.

When I have sold stuff in the past, I've always had fairly good results. A month or so ago though, I listed some surplus ammo at what I thought was a good price. Since then I've had quite a few responses and PMs, but have yet to actually sell a single round.

Admittedly, several potential buyers are a ways away, and the logistics of meeting up are the issue. I've also told them that I'm not in any hurry, so if either buyer or seller is making a trip in the foreseeable future, maybe we can make it work. I'll be doing just that in a few days, hopefully it works out well.

The rest have just been tire-kickers I guess, asked a question or two and vanished. It really doesn't bother me. I have no expectations and try not to make assumptions.

I suppose if you sell enough, eventually the flakes will come out of the woodwork. I have had nothing but positive experiences buying and selling here but I sell very little.
Years ago, I had an aluminum jet sled I was trying to sell on craigslist. My price was very reasonable as I was boat poor at the time. The first guy that looked at it tried to low ball me right out of the gate. I told him the price was fair and he was the first to look at it so I was firm on price. He hem hawed around looking at the boat some more and finally offered 1k less than my price. I told him no. He then offers another 500 and I said ok and shook his hand.
I had a few personal items in boat so I was busy clearing them out as he walked around pointing out flaws he said he was just noticing and thought I should lower price. I hopped out of the boat with my stuff and dropped it on the ground and stood up and looked him right in the eye. I said "the deal is fair and has been struck, if you don't agree get the f off my property. He sheepishly produced a pile of cash and bought the boat. A year later he called back with some motor issue he thought should be my problem somehow and wanted money from me. I of course told him to pound sand. I have come to the conclusion that some people are just miserable sob's.

Last Edited:
I sell ammo, retail and wholesale so sales fall thru sometimes. Very rarely do I get a call that says " I changed my mind". Mostly I get "I'll be there so and so" and then get no call and no show. At gun shows people will ask me to hold their ammo and they will be back to pay for and pick it up only to no show. Either way, I figure it's just water under the bridge and sell it to the next guy. I've had wholesalers want me to consign them ammo on a promise to pay at some undetermined later date. So I walk away from that deal as well.

I find when selling stuff on here If I have something someone wants at a price they are willing to pay, generally a deal is struck in the first day otherwise I get alot of questions and lookieloos but no sale.

Last Edited:
I suppose if you sell enough, eventually the flakes will come out of the woodwork. I have had nothing but positive experiences buying and selling here but I sell very little.
Years ago, I had an aluminum jet sled I was trying to sell. My price was very reasonable as I was boat poor at the time. The first guy that looked at it tried to low ball me right out of the gate. I told him the price was fair and he was the first to look at it so I was firm on price. He hem hawed around looking at the boat some more and finally offered 1k less than my price. I told him no. He then offers another 500 and I said ok and shook his hand.
I had a few personal items in boat so I was busy clearing them out as he walked around pointing out flaws he said he was just noticing and thought I should lower price. I hopped out of the boat with my stuff and dropped it on the ground and stood up and looked him right in the eye. I said "the deal is fair and has been struck, if you don't agree get the f off my property. He sheepishly produced a pile of cash and bought the boat. A year later he called back with some motor issue he thought should be my problem somehow and wanted money from me. I of course told him to pound sand. I have come to the conclusion that some people are just miserable sob's.
Yep, some people are just miserable all the time, even in calm moments, when they have no reason to be anything other than calm themselves.

At gun shows people will ask me to hold their ammo and they will be back to pay for and pick it up only to no show. Either way, I figure it's just water under the bridge and sell it to the next guy. I've had wholesalers want me to consign them ammo on a promise to pay at some undetermined later date. So I walk away from that deal as well.
I'd be no to all that, unless it was someone I know.

I'm a buyer more often than seller, but generally when selling here on the forum I've had good experiences. That said, I did recently have a member commit to purchasing something via private message that I posted for sale and then ghost. But they were a newer member with only one feedback.

I'm a buyer more often than seller, but generally when selling here on the forum I've had good experiences. That said, I did recently have a member commit to purchasing something via private message that I posted for sale and then ghost. But they were a newer member with only one feedback.
No feedback is a catch-22 for buyers and sellers. We all start at zero but it is also a reliable indicator for me.

Too many people don't even know what the hell they are selling.
Me= I am interested in your Fierce Rival that you have what model is it ?
Seller = It is a Fierce Rival
Me= I know but what model there are like 5-6 in the Rival line
Seller = Sometimes when I fart in the tub I try to bite the bubbles
Me= Good luck I will just order a new one in the caliber I want

Nothing wrong about asking questions about an item up for sale. And saying "I'll get back to you" doesn't imply that he will buy it. Don't see it as ghosting either. Maybe he could have added "if I decide to buy it". I would not sit around while someone has to make up his mind when someone else says they'll take it, would you?

We all know that the first one to say "I'll take it" gets it.

Me= I am interested in your Fierce Rival that you have what model is it ?
Seller = It is a Fierce Rival
Me= I know but what model there are like 5-6 in the Rival line
Seller = Sometimes when I fart in the tub I try to bite the bubbles
Me= Good luck I will just order a new one in the caliber I want
Ok, that's funny.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA