JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With all due respect... The original post comes across as someone who fully expected to sell an item and is irritated that the buyer may have changed his mind.
It seems likely somebody may have put the cart ahead of the horse.
simple respect! If you change your mind, say so............................

you missed my point
I don't think so. Both sites require you to complete a minimum profile with an email. We have feedback ratings here and duration of membership, so it's a little easier to weed out the tire kickers.

I agree, I rarely sell anything on craigslist, and I rarely sell anything under about $200 or an amount I'd be ok giving it away. I'd prefer giving things away over dealing with craigslist flakes.

You really shouldn't have any expectation of our members not being flakey.

We can always hope it just slipped his/her mind.
That's a possibility. As I get older and more distracted by pain and other issues, I sometimes forget things. I hate it, and do my best to stay on top of things - but I was late for a doctor's appointment just last month.

Good communication between buyer and seller usually keeps things on track, but not always. I drove about 4 1/2 hours (one way) to buy a rifle once, only to be stood up. When I called the seller, he said he had suddenly remembered something he needed to do, and wasn't coming to meet me.

I'm not sure what that was all about, but I won't be making a drive like that again. But I did get to meet a fine fellow from NWFA, so I figure it was worth the effort.

I haven't had anyone ghost me, but I have had people ask me to do something illegal. I wonder if there are sting operations that occasionally work through the classifieds.

Has anybody had this happen to them? Somebody inquires about an item. Seller replies and the buyer says I'll get back to you and vanashes never to be heard from again.
Yes it has however unless a specific deal was made or arrangements made then I forget about it pretty quickly.

I have had some pretty 'interesting' inquiries about the few things I have had posted for sale - and most of the time it was obvious the person had no interest in paying much - or in the case of a gun buying it legally....

Yes it has however unless a specific deal was made or arrangements made then I forget about it pretty quickly.

I have had some pretty 'interesting' inquiries about the few things I have had posted for sale - and most of the time it was obvious the person had no interest in paying much - or in the case of a gun buying it legally....
I had a guy ask me to drive 20-minutes so he could look at it. I told him I'm more than happy to take more pictures and answer any questions, but I will be very unhappy if I get there and he tries to low ball me or not purchase it at all.

He asked YOU to bring something YOU had for sale for him to look at it?

Why couldn't HE come to you? I mean, that seems more usual and customary.
Yeah. I told he could come look at it, but unless he was planning on buying it for the listed price, I wasn't driving.

I made arrangements to buy from two different sellers today. I showed up for both. Second seller took all my cash since he brought extra items with him at prices I couldn't say no to.

These ghost buyers might be missing out on deals. Too bad for them.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top