JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Alright folks let's see what's in those get home bags!
This is my current set up.

IMG_2932.jpeg

Everything but the kitchen sink so it would take up my living room to lay it all out lol.

I bring things in my edc that are also for everyday life so mine is somewhat extensive.

I have everything you do but the shoes and my med/first aid kit is more extensive.

I do not have a space blanket but have big black garbage bags, zip ties and white 13 gallon bags for an instance if I have to cross a river (the Columbia for me) so I can use it to keep my stuff dry as well as use it as a flotation device. They also make good rain covers and a poncho in a pinch.

I figure I can make it home in a 24 hour period of time from just about anywhere I go so I do not plan to have to camp out overnight.

Gloves are a great idea I use, I keep a fixed blade vs folders which are on me. A multi-tool but not an expensive one. Headlamp, knee braces (bad knees), bandanas, tweezers and magnifying glass, bic lighter and other oddities that I know I will use on occasion.

Also carabeaners (real ones and 2 of the cheaper ones), sharpies, pens, neckerchief, face mask, neck gator, sunglasses, beanie or hat depending on the weather, battery pack for charging a phone.

Everything but the kitchen sink so it would take up my living room to lay it all out lol.

I bring things in my edc that are also for everyday life so mine is somewhat extensive.

I have everything you do but the shoes and my med/first aid kit is more extensive.

I do not have a space blanket but have big black garbage bags, zip ties and white 13 gallon bags for an instance if I have to cross a river (the Columbia for me) so I can use it to keep my stuff dry as well as use it as a flotation device. They also make good rain covers and a poncho in a pinch.

I figure I can make it home in a 24 hour period of time from just about anywhere I go so I do not plan to have to camp out overnight.

Gloves are a great idea I use, I keep a fixed blade vs folders which are on me. A multi-tool but not an expensive one. Headlamp, knee braces (bad knees), bandanas, tweezers and magnifying glass, bic lighter and other oddities that I know I will use on occasion.
I need to put a head lamp in mine. I also need to add a map of my local area as I'm new to the valley and don't know the back roads very well.
I added the running shoes to mine because I wear dress shoes at work and I would hate to hoof it 30 miles in those ahaha.

My Urban Survival Kit is in my daily driver vehicle. These days, it's rare for me to get too far away from home. Most times 20 miles or less. Once in a while, I'll go out to the hills and that's about 60 miles. It would take me a while to get back from that on foot.

I've got the usual stuff, plus. First aid kit, knife, bottled water, flashlight, extra jacket, extra socks (I can't stand wet feet). Rope, some hand tools, a couple of short lengths of chain, plastic ties, half hatchet, pick axe handle, carry bag, GI blanket, black trash bags, candy bars.

Seriously, peculiar to me because I have gastrointestinal issues: Spare undershorts, box of baby wipes, towel, empty half gallon milk jug to whiz in without getting arrested for indecent exposure. A couple of days worth of medications. Getting old sucks.

Won't need a compass, I don't go anywhere I can't get back from without one.

Due to a bad left foot, there is only one kind of special ed shoe that I can wear so spare shoes aren't in my kit.

Don't have time to snap pics, but keep a couple kits in the back of my car - the Car kit is for getting the vehicle operable again, and/or using the vehicle as a temporary shelter, and the Get Home Bags are for if the vehicle is inoperable and the family needs to hoof it. The Get Home Bag portion is:

hiking boots (not stored in the bag, but kept next to it)
2x pair of socks
underwear
jeans
tee shirt
sweatshirt
jacket
beanie
gloves
mylar emergency blanket
fixed-blade knife
multitool
mini prybar
mini bolt cutter
lifestraw
water bottle
liquid IV packets
granola bars & power bars
tarp
zip-ties
lighter
hand warmers
flashlight
power bank & cables
wet wipes
toilet paper
paper towel
hand sanitizer
medical kit

Have bags for the wife, kid, and dog as well, all of which they can carry themselves. Backpack for the wife is similar setup to mine, minus the heavier tools. Backpack for the kid is just clothes, food, and hygiene items. "Backpack" for the dog is a heavy-duty harness with pockets on it. It contains food, water, backup leash, and collapsible food / water containers.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Oregon Arms Collectors June 2024 Gun Show
  • Portland, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top