JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It just boggles the mind that during the release video, Glock said that they had a lot of rounds shot through their "test" G44's by a lot of people and they didn't have any problems. Yet here the first ones are released and getting into the hands of people using them like they normally shoot their guns and there are reported problems.

It sounds like they should have put a disclaimer on their video and reviews that said something to the affect that all demonstrations were in a controlled environment under laboratory conditions and that actual use results my be very different.

I'm glad my Beretta .22 runs just fine... even if it wasn't actually made by Beretta.

Mike
Well they've never made a .22 before. Maybe they didn't test it with a wide enough variety of ammunition.

Looks to me to be the extractor causing the "slam" fire out of battery. Hit the rim with a stiff spring ie pivot angle wrong and sharp edges.
Sounded like a good concept in a 22 pistol...

geez, I feel so left out.....
My first 22LR handgun experience was with a Roooger Bear Cat in 1961. Since then I've owned many versions of most designs, and by accurate cumulative accounting methods, fired at least 14 megabazillion rounds of rimfire ammo of all economic and known engineering design perimeters, including the quixotic Russian Black Powder 'Junior' version. To this date, exactly ZERO have provided an "OOB" discharge....I feel slighted and lonely.....
I think I'll go buy a lottery ticket now.

;)

Well they've never made a .22 before. Maybe they didn't test it with a wide enough variety of ammunition.

Or maybe with not enough of the right people? The testers may have been too gentle with it while those that bought it and have had problems treat it and shoot it like they would any gun they own. It will be interesting to see if they find an actual reason for the problem and get it fixed and report it or if they try to quietly fix it without doing another "Big thing is coming... again" promotion.

Mike

Or maybe with not enough of the right people? The testers may have been too gentle with it while those that bought it and have had problems treat it and shoot it like they would any gun they own. It will be interesting to see if they find an actual reason for the problem and get it fixed and report it or if they try to quietly fix it without doing another "Big thing is coming... again" promotion.

Mike
Their other product seem to hold up well enough under rough conditions, so I would hope not, but I've been wrong before. Heck, it's only January and I've been wrong once already this year!

So, other than the two confirmed reports? Are there any more? I'm not on all the many many forums.

What I'm really asking, is this panic over 2 guns?

It appears that both of the two kabooms occurred on the first round of a new magazine. The bullet nose dives into something, either the mag itself or the ramp. The slide wacks the rim and things blow up.

Sadly this type of out of battery is usually survived with little damage to a gun....

Unless it's made of plastic!

Yikes. Glock is knowing for putting out a quality piece; any idea why they went with a plastic slide on this one?

Yikes. Glock is knowing for putting out a quality piece; any idea why they went with a plastic slide on this one?
They probably tried aluminum, maybe? No one but their RD department knows I guess. Not like they post up anything about their designs or look for customer feedback on anything. I'm thinking they had this one nailed down pretty solid.

Besides it sounds like there are really only two confirmed Kabooms and a bunch of spreading those around has made it sound way way worse.

Mike

I'm picturing the old Ford Truck commercial made with the scene from Mr Majestyk with the loaded pistol in the bed.

Appears to be more than 2 cases.
Same video and gun that has been shared by hundreds, including military arms channel and 22 plinkster. This one and another from ARfcom have probably been shared thousands of times. So far, that's the only two guns I've seen go kaboom. I haven't read anywhere, yet, of anyone else having issues. Just a ton of two guns getting circulated.

From the article:

"Recently, posts have been popping up across social media showing all manner of problems with the new Glock 44. These range from cracked slides, broken ejectors, and out of battery detonations. I first came across the issue from a post by the Military Arms Channel earlier today. Since then I've seen posts from multiple sources with multiple instances of issues."

@Reno does it really matter? Those that want one will buy it. Those that don't won't.

But the failures are real. And most folks expect more from Glock.

From the article:

"Recently, posts have been popping up across social media showing all manner of problems with the new Glock 44. These range from cracked slides, broken ejectors, and out of battery detonations. I first came across the issue from a post by the Military Arms Channel earlier today. Since then I've seen posts from multiple sources with multiple instances of issues."

@Reno does it really matter? Those that want one will buy it. Those that don't won't.
True, I'm just trying to state that, I'm pretty darn sure most of this is just one or two guns that blew up being spread around on tons of different online venues. I have yet to read any of the above mentioned issues anywhere, just a bunch of people talking about two incidents.

Kind of like how a crowd gets going on something that isn't true, or not all the facts are out about it. Concerns me really. Think of things like the Trayvon shooting.

Fact is, it appears that this is more mob bashing than actual number of broken guns.

Unless of coarse, there are refutable amount of accounts laid out in front of me, I'm calling BS and lazy reporting on those that share two examples of what could very well be a gun that hasn't got any issues.

I of coarse could be wrong...

True, I'm just trying to state that, I'm pretty darn sure most of this is just one or two guns that blew up being spread around on tons of different online venues. I have yet to read any of the above mentioned issues anywhere, just a bunch of people talking about two incidents.

Kind of like how a crowd gets going on something that isn't true, or not all the facts are out about it. Concerns me really. Think of things like the Trayvon shooting.

Fact is, it appears that this is more mob bashing than actual number of broken guns.

Unless of coarse, there are refutable amount of accounts laid out in front of me, I'm calling BS and lazy reporting on those that share two examples of what could very well be a gun that hasn't got any issues.

I of coarse could be wrong...

Dude, it's chambered in .22lr. Of course you're going to defend it. :D

Oh snap, a Glock fanboy (me) on the other end of the argument. The G44, IMO, is unnecessary, a liability to the company and they should discontinue it before it's too late.

@Reno you order one yet? :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top