JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Received my license just before Christmas. More than one person told me I should buy something different, as it would be difficult to conceal a full size pistol OWB and that it's too heavy for EDC.

I'm stubborn and didn't listen to the advise. Galco Cop 3 slot purchased from the marketplace here a few weeks ago. I'm pleasantly surprised with the comfort of this holster in the forward cant. I have no issues bending over, sitting on the couch or driving. I know it's there but that's about it. No, I'm not exaggerating.

Please excuse the extra 20 lbs. I'm carrying, semi retired pushing 60. 5'-10" and 205 lbs.

View attachment 1367931 View attachment 1367932 View attachment 1367933
Only thing I would recommend trying is a good belt and maybe suspenders. Have middle age spread since middle age which was a while ago. :D
First time I tried suspenders it was a new world for carry especially with a full size like that. No longer felt like I had to be reaching to pull on belt any more. A decent belt helps a LOT too. The nice thing about having a permit also is I of course long ago stopped worrying about accidentally showing. Normally don't care if I do. Couple days ago I was walking into a medical facility. Lady at check in stopped and asked me "ARE YOU CARRYING A GUN? I just calmly said no (I was of course). After I got to the room I was going to I was checking to see if I was "showing". I was just using a vest I wear to hide it. I think what she saw was the suspenders webbing straps. Either that or she "thought" there was a bulge other than me, but she did not push it.

Yup.

Glock 17 with a Surefire X300 and (2) spare mags and a fixed blade daily. Carrying appendix in a Trex Arms Sidecar 2.0.

0306631A-CC5D-42C7-B8E6-22D2ED446ED4.jpeg 36D35861-44E5-43FB-951C-FC9985491C7C.jpeg

I've been rotating my service size 9mm HK P30 and my 9mm HK P2000 SK. Other service sized guns I've carried were my Glock 41 .45 and my Sig M18 with the Delta Point pro optic. I'm 5' 6, just under 120 lbs, and carrying a service sized weapon isn't much of issue if you know what carry methods work for you and how you can adapt accordingly. We're all built differently so only you know what works for you.
I am two of you and I don't like carrying a full size pistol all that much. Not concealed anyway.

I was in a restaurant in Texas yesterday and did a casual look around . About 1/3 of the patrons were "concealed" carriers. Not fooling anyone.

Only thing I would recommend trying is a good belt and maybe suspenders. Have middle age spread since middle age which was a while ago. :D
First time I tried suspenders it was a new world for carry especially with a full size like that. No longer felt like I had to be reaching to pull on belt any more. A decent belt helps a LOT too.
Agreed this belt is lacking performance. It's getting replaced and I've yet to determine what, being I haven't started researching. LOL

Last Edited:
In the cool-to-cold months (August-June) I carry using an Elite Survival Systems chest holster.

I do carry a full size pistol most of the time when I carry. My VP9 which I have carrying since 2014. I did buy a G17 and the VP9 is almost as large as the G17. I carry IWB with an Alien Gear black leather backing holster. I did order some extra shells but I just bought two holsters that way I decide what I want ot carry and have holser available. I did buy a G19 as well and I do carry that but will carry it more in the warmer weather. Right now I wear blue jeans, oither a t-shirt or polo shirt tucked in and carry an IWB at a 3:30 position.

Most days I carry full size when I'm out and about, when I'm going to spend time at the gun shop, I usually carry 2 full size plus others...

Makes a great demo...

Lately, it's been a 44mag 6 shot 4" barrel wheel gun and a G40 10mm with green dot sight on the belt OWB concealed carry...

This Saturday should be the day I grab the 1911 long slide 6" barrel 10mm to add to the full size carry..

When it comes in, I'm at least going to play with how to carry a UT9M concealed, lol...

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top