JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
6' tall, 275 and I carry a CZ SP01 in Fall/Winter in a kydex OWB @ 3:30 - 4. In summer it's a CZ 75D PCR carried the same way. I have been carrying and concealing full size guns (1911s mainly) for 27 years. For me, a compact or sub compact just feels..."weird". YMMV

I usually carry a Beretta 92G WC Brig Tac with the Mec Gar 18 round magazine. It works best for me in the AIWB position. Use a JM custom kydex holster with the RCS claw and a neoprene wedge to conceal it better.

Can you share pictures of your set up.

After I dialed in the position of carry where I could comfortably carry this all day and conceal it adequately, I've pretty much exclusively carried full size Beretta pistols. Before AIWB carry, I carried at 3-4 o'clock and could not even conceal a G19 or G26 without it printing terribly and making me feel super self conscious about people seeing it.
20190124_170103.jpg 20190124_170055.jpg 20190124_165958.jpg 20190124_165914.jpg

Last Edited:
I usually carry a Beretta 92G WC Brig Tac with the Mec Gar 18 round magazine. It works best for me in the AIWB position. Use a JM custom kydex holster with the RCS claw and a neoprene wedge to conceal it better.

After I dialed in the position of carry where I could comfortably carry this all day and conceal it adequately, I've pretty much exclusively carried full size Beretta pistols. Before AIWB carry, I carried at 3-4 o'clock and could not even conceal a G19 or G26 without it printing terribly and making me feel super self conscious about people seeing it.
View attachment 541201 View attachment 541202 View attachment 541203 View attachment 541204

That is an awesome setup. I've been torn between the Beretta 92G WC Brig Tac and Vertec. I loathe Walther style safeties the G model changed all that. And yes, AIWB is by far the most concealable way to carry a pistol. As far as carrying a Glock 19 at 4 o'clock, the most concealable holster I've found to date is the Kramer #3 but it still doesn't prevent bump frisk or banging it into corners and such which is always good for a resounding thud.

Have you tried the RCS Eidolon?

I think people obsess to much about minor printing or even bumping into things. I conceal carry a full size auto all of the time and have never had any issues. Department policy requires at least a level 1 holster (static retention doesn't count), so i dont get to use some of the nifty IWB stuff. People are sheep and they just don't notice.

That is an awesome setup. I've been torn between the Beretta 92G WC Brig Tac and Vertec. I loathe Walther style safeties the G model changed all that. And yes, AIWB is by far the most concealable way to carry a pistol. As far as carrying a Glock 19 at 4 o'clock, the most concealable holster I've found to date is the Kramer #3 but it still doesn't prevent bump frisk or banging it into corners and such which is always good for a resounding thud.

Have you tried the RCS Eidolon?

I have tried the RCS Eidolon. It was one of the first holsters for AIWB carry that actually worked well for me and what really converted me to AIWB carry with a semi-auto. I have the shorter holster for the G19. Unfortunately, it did not retain well on the G19 Gen 2 trigger guard and also did not fit the G19 Gen 5 because of the new right side slide lock. I got rid of my G19 Gen 4 a long time ago because it consistently gave me a brass facial, among other reasons. So I just carried a G17 instead, and surprisingly, it worked amazingly well. I did become increasingly uncomfortable with carrying striker fired in the AIWB position though, even with an SCD installed, so that's when I started carrying Beretta 92 series pistols again.

There are actually a lot of great 92G models available these days, and the G conversion parts that Beretta sells work well too. The Brigadier Tactical is great and I've been carrying it for a year, but it is slightly heavy. The Centurion Tactical carries more easily and shoots just as well. I personally don't like the Vertec variations because it feels like a weird double action 1911. I've also handled the new LTT Elite and feel that would make a great carry pistol, but don't personally own that one [yet].

It's not hard to carry a full size handgun. I typically use either a Glock 34 with Surefire X300, a CZ P10C with TLR-1 HL, or a Glock 19 with a TLR-1 HL. Magwells on the Glocks. Appendix for all of them.

Ive also been known to appendix carry a STI Marauder 2011 9mm with Surefire X300 as well.

The slide isnt the hard part to hide, the grip is. But with good equipment it's a non-issue. Most people don't want to invest in a purpose built appendix holster or a good quality load bearing belt.

Received my license just before Christmas. More than one person told me I should buy something different, as it would be difficult to conceal a full size pistol OWB and that it's too heavy for EDC.

I'm stubborn and didn't listen to the advise. Galco Cop 3 slot purchased from the marketplace here a few weeks ago. I'm pleasantly surprised with the comfort of this holster in the forward cant.

Last Edited:
I've been rotating my service size 9mm HK P30 and my 9mm HK P2000 SK. Other service sized guns I've carried were my Glock 41 .45 and my Sig M18 with the Delta Point pro optic. I'm 5' 6, just under 120 lbs, and carrying a service sized weapon isn't much of issue if you know what carry methods work for you and how you can adapt accordingly. We're all built differently so only you know what works for you.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top