JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know it's a debated topic, whether to carry medical equipment on your person or not. That's not what this is about although I welcome and enjoy the conversation.

My question is specifically for those people who DO carry medical (TQ, Gauze, chest seal, etc). Not in your truck or in a bag that get left in a separate location (although that is good too)… Do you carry trauma shears on your body as well?

And if the answer is yes….. How/where do you carry them or is there a brand that is that is better/more comfortable for daily carry?

I can already hear it….. "Just use your knife." That's an option I'm looking to avoid.

I carry a TQ and QuikClot Gauze on me every day but would like to add in a decent pair of shears.

Thanks for any opinions.

I carry them at work, never thought about the rest of the time but, they do make folding ones that "look" nice. Now that I have seen them may buy a few pairs just to toss in the vehicles. Something I had never thought of so had no idea they made a folding set. FAR better than trying to use a knife.

1700086506913.png

1700086554415.png

Aloha, Mark

I don't carry…
I jam my shears in with TQ holder. Like right behind so it's carried in same position your TQ is held. I guess it would be horizontal on a belt.
North American rescue….

I don't carry…
I jam my shears in with TQ holder. Like right behind so it's carried in same position your TQ is held. I guess it would be horizontal on a belt.
North American rescue….
That's what I'm currently playing around with. I have my own TQ carrier I've constructed and I put the shears behind the TQ but it prints like crazy carried appendix, in between my pistol and knife. I may try some form of ankle carry or attaching the set up to my boots. Although I'd much rather it be along my belt line.

Not following….

I carried a lot of stuff (on my belt) when I was working (as a cop). It was issued to me and I was expected to carry all of it. It was no fun and at times it gave me back aches. Actually, I sometimes still feel it today.

BTW....unlike the Military, I'm not getting any sort of tax free compensation for my "long term pains or injuries either". But what do I know....maybe, times have changed (or are changing) for the Police (and, for your profession too).

As for the cartoon.....
Well, don't read too much into it.
It was suppose to be "funny".

Aloha, Mark

PS.....why even mention the Military?

Incentives and Swelling Disability Rolls

Disability rolls have swelled steeply over the past decade. According to the Congressional Budget Office (CBO), the number of veterans receiving disability payments rose by almost 55 percent from 2000 to 2013, despite a 17 percent decline in the total population of living veterans. Federal spending on the VA's disability program has nearly tripled over that same period.[5] Media reporting has raised serious questions about how much of the increase in disability cases is due to worse health among veterans versus more lenient agency decision making.[6] A 2014 paper in Psychological Injury and Law identified "collusive lying" between disability-benefits applicants and VA staff as one possible problem.[7]
Taken from:

Note: That was written in 2014 and I've heard that it's only gotten worse.

Mind you that....I'm not saying that all or even some ex-military folks don't deserve their benefits.

Last Edited:
I carried a lot of stuff (on my belt) when I was working (as a cop). It was issued to me and I was expected to carry all of it. It was no fun and at times it gave me back aches. Actually, I sometimes still feel it today.

BTW....unlike the Military, I'm not getting any sort of tax free compensation for my "long term pains or injuries either". But what do I know....maybe, times have changed (or are changing) for the Police (and, for your profession too).

As for the cartoon.....
Well, don't read too much into it.
It was suppose to be "funny".

Aloha, Mark
I carry a decent amount of stuff cause I choose to.

I also have back issues along with other "issues and get compensated from the good ol' .gov lol.

They took their pound of flesh. I'll make sure to get mine.

My current set up that I am playing around with in regards to shears/TQ. Like @NobullSKS said I have consolidated the TQ and shears into the same carrier.

IMG_3692.jpeg

IWB ? Haaa that's a whole nother level. You may have to invent that carry gear. Maybe inside on your back belt line horizontally?
I actually made my own IWB carrier for the TQ cause I didn't like anything on the market. Haha.

Can you share pics and details? Would love to see what you came up with.
I don't know…. I may be trying to got for a patent. Lol.

Yea I'll post some photos here in a bit.

Anything that gets other people to carry medical is good by me!

I know it's a debated topic, whether to carry medical equipment on your person or not. That's not what this is about although I welcome and enjoy the conversation.

My question is specifically for those people who DO carry medical (TQ, Gauze, chest seal, etc). Not in your truck or in a bag that get left in a separate location (although that is good too)… Do you carry trauma shears on your body as well?

And if the answer is yes….. How/where do you carry them or is there a brand that is that is better/more comfortable for daily carry?

I can already hear it….. "Just use your knife." That's an option I'm looking to avoid.

I carry a TQ and QuikClot Gauze on me every day but would like to add in a decent pair of shears.

Thanks for any opinions.
Leatherman makes a great pair they fold up in your pocket or clip or belt loop

Can you share pics and details? Would love to see what you came up with.
So I should start by saying I've tried multiple brands of TQ holders, from fieldcraft survival to flatpack. None of them fit my needs personally. I found them to be either uncomfortable or way too bulky. I'm not a fan of items hanging on the outside of my belt either.

So I came up with my own. It can me flipped either way depending on how you want the TQ orientated.

I used to use the blue force sleeve and run my belt through it horizontally but I have changed to a new belt that doesn't allow that (pictured below).

Basically I took my flatpack holder and cut it down to the width of a CAT TQ and attached a discreet concepts clip to it (cause plastic clips suck). Inserted the backer into a blue force elastic sling management sleeve and you got a sweet deal.

I know this set up (as far as the elastic) will be a consumable just like the TQ itself. But the clip and backer should last a long time. So once they wear out I'll just swap a new elastic sleeve and I'll be on my way.

IMG_3709.jpeg IMG_3708.jpeg IMG_3707.jpeg IMG_3706.jpeg IMG_3705.jpeg

So I should start by saying I've tried multiple brands of TQ holders, from fieldcraft survival to flatpack. None of them fit my needs personally. I found them to be either uncomfortable or way too bulky. I'm not a fan of items hanging on the outside of my belt either.

So I came up with my own. It can me flipped either way depending on how you want the TQ orientated.

I used to use the blue force sleeve and run my belt through it horizontally but I have changed to a new belt that doesn't allow that (pictured below).

Basically I took my flatpack holder and cut it down to the width of a CAT TQ and attached a discreet concepts clip to it (cause plastic clips suck). Inserted the backer into a blue force elastic sling management sleeve and you got a sweet deal.

I know this set up (as far as the elastic) will be a consumable just like the TQ itself. But the clip and backer should last a long time. So once they wear out I'll just swap a new elastic sleeve and I'll be on my way.

View attachment 1763389 View attachment 1763390 View attachment 1763391 View attachment 1763393 View attachment 1763394
That is a solid setup! Nicely done! I'm going to have to try that out.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top