JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That is a solid setup! Nicely done! I'm going to have to try that out.
Thank you sir. Sometimes you just gotta come up with a solution yourself. Haha.

If you try it out let me know what you think.

Thank you sir. Sometimes you just gotta come up with a solution yourself. Haha.

If you try it out let me know what you think.
I will let you know how it works out, thanks for sharing! And yes, necessity is definitely the mother of invention. Same reason I made the Trauma Wallet - didn't see anything on the market that did what I wanted, so just had to make it.

I keep am IFAK I put together (tourniquet, IBD, chest seal, etc,) in my truck and if I go shooting I keep it close by. If I go into the woods it goes with.

Leatherman makes a great pair they fold up in your pocket or clip or belt loop
Don't make your medical stuff for car or range hard stick to the basics tarpons for bullet holes ABD pads for chest wound on a range ,Airway Bleeding circulation. stop bleeding medics would already be in route, field use the knowledge you have stick to the basics. Go for help I was a Army medic and a paramedic for many years.

Don't make your medical stuff for car or range hard stick to the basics tarpons for bullet holes ABD pads for chest wound on a range ,Airway Bleeding circulation. stop bleeding medics would already be in route, field use the knowledge you have stick to the basics. Go for help I was an Army medic and a paramedic for many years.
Do not use tampons!

You'll bleed out before EMTs or LE arrive nowadays….. lol.

You have more faith than I.

Just a thought, but what about carrying stuff in a brief case or backpack. I carry a backpack everyday now and that's where all of my carry items go. Granted, depending on the type of job you have that might not be appropriate.

If you are taking public transit, or walking from a downtown apt to work, a backpack would not seem out of place and your medical stuff could ride in there. Gun should still be IWB or OWB whichever suits you best, but carrying something like a small/medium hiking pack would not seem all that weird in the world of gym goers and fitness nuts.

Heck if nothing else, you guys in the big cities should at least bring back the fanny packs. Those things were awesome and you could keep everything right infront of you.

Just a thought, but what about carrying stuff in a brief case or backpack. I carry a backpack everyday now and that's where all of my carry items go. Granted, depending on the type of job you have that might not be appropriate.

If you are taking public transit, or walking from a downtown apt to work, a backpack would not seem out of place and your medical stuff could ride in there. Gun should still be IWB or OWB whichever suits you best, but carrying something like a small/medium hiking pack would not seem all that weird in the world of gym goers and fitness nuts.

Heck if nothing else, you guys in the big cities should at least bring back the fanny packs. Those things were awesome and you could keep everything right infront of you.
Do you take your back pack with you every time you go shopping or into a store? How about when you take your significant other out to dinner?

A lot of places won't allow you to take in backpacks due to theft/violence. Especially in bigger cities.

Just a thought.

So I should start by saying I've tried multiple brands of TQ holders, from fieldcraft survival to flatpack. None of them fit my needs personally. I found them to be either uncomfortable or way too bulky. I'm not a fan of items hanging on the outside of my belt either.

So I came up with my own. It can me flipped either way depending on how you want the TQ orientated.

I used to use the blue force sleeve and run my belt through it horizontally but I have changed to a new belt that doesn't allow that (pictured below).

Basically I took my flatpack holder and cut it down to the width of a CAT TQ and attached a discreet concepts clip to it (cause plastic clips suck). Inserted the backer into a blue force elastic sling management sleeve and you got a sweet deal.

I know this set up (as far as the elastic) will be a consumable just like the TQ itself. But the clip and backer should last a long time. So once they wear out I'll just swap a new elastic sleeve and I'll be on my way.

View attachment 1763389 View attachment 1763390 View attachment 1763391 View attachment 1763393 View attachment 1763394
So.... If your pants are in the picture....

I know it's a debated topic, whether to carry medical equipment on your person or not. That's not what this is about although I welcome and enjoy the conversation.

My question is specifically for those people who DO carry medical (TQ, Gauze, chest seal, etc). Not in your truck or in a bag that get left in a separate location (although that is good too)… Do you carry trauma shears on your body as well?

And if the answer is yes….. How/where do you carry them or is there a brand that is that is better/more comfortable for daily carry?

I can already hear it….. "Just use your knife." That's an option I'm looking to avoid.

I carry a TQ and QuikClot Gauze on me every day but would like to add in a decent pair of shears.

Thanks for any opinions.
Leatherman makes a great set of folding trauma shears.

Leatherman

what do tampons do they they stop bleeding and why would you do it if EMTs are less than 8 mins out direct pressure pressure point or tourniquet
I just went through EMT and went through TCCC in the Marines. The tampon is a myth. A simple google search can verify it.

You're more than welcome to think it's a good option though.

I just went through EMT and went through TCCC in the Marines. The tampon is a myth. A simple google search can verify it.

You're more than welcome to think it's a good option though.
EMT do not teach it it is a last ditch effort for a bullet hole no other option you are in the middle of know where just like a tourniquet

EMT do not teach it it is a last ditch effort for a bullet hole no other option you are in the middle of know where just like a tourniquet
I'll just carry a tourniquet and proper gauze.

I don't set myself up for failure.

I'm gunna pass on your advice as well as your mentality to the situation. Thanks though.

Last Edited:
For a bullet hole you need some of the stuff made to slow the bleed. Tampons are NOT designed to slow it, they are designed to contain it. You don't really want to be packing a bullet hole with them. Small packet of the stuff made to help clot the flow would be FAR more effective and far easier to keep with you.

For a bullet hole you need some of the stuff made to slow the bleed. Tampons are NOT designed to slow it, they are designed to contain it. You don't really want to be packing a bullet hole with them. Small packet of the stuff made to help clot the flow would be FAR more effective and far easier to keep with you.
Yup.

IMG_3716.jpeg IMG_3717.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews