JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I carried a 1911 for a while, not too bad. Tried a Glock 34, too thick. Then got a CZ75BD and carried that for a long time. Then the weight finally got to me and I switched to a Walther PPQ, carried that for a long time. Finally as an old fart even that is too much and I'm now carrying a Ruger LC9S.

Most of the carry was IWB, some was OWB pancake holsters. For IWB I actually like long barrels, provided the gun is slim enough. I never really understood why people prefer short barrels on carry guns, for IWB anyway. OWB it makes some small amount of sense (but then why not just get a high ride holster?)

I'm not a big guy, 155 lbs for most of my life.

Last Edited:
I carry my CZ09,conceals just fine,actually for me it conceals better than my glock 19 did,and I know I can hit a target more accurately with a Da/Sa anyway.(or a 1911)
I am 5'9 and 155,concealing a fullsize at least for me is 75% belt choice and 25% holster choice. That said there are still some days I want a subcompact for comfortable carry, but I can conceal the CZ P09 all day, I do know that it is there all the time though. It is comforting though to know you have 19+1 on tap incase it is ever needed.

Note: Photo taken before I swapped the decocker for the safety.

20181020_232843.jpg 20181020_233009.jpg

Last Edited:
I've carried "full sized" wheel guns for years, without an issue. S&W Model 19 2-1/2" & 4" and a S&W pre Model 29 with an 6-1/2".

A lot of it depends on how you are built but it can be done.

A lot of it depends on how you are built but it can be done.

Um Ya sort of, do you remember the skinny little guy of japanese ancestry we worked with, carried a Ruger a Blackhawk in a Bianchi vertical shoulder rig? Looked like he had some strange tumor on his left side. I do hope he settled on something more appropriate for his frame.

Um Ya sort of, do you remember the skinny little guy of japanese ancestry we worked with, carried a Ruger a Blackhawk in a Bianchi vertical shoulder rig? Looked like he had some strange tumor on his left side. I do hope he settled on something more appropriate for his frame.
In those days I was built more like a bag full of doorknobs. I still carry the Model 19 with the 2-1/2" tube.

Angle of the gun makes a huge difference as well, in the 3 o clock position at a 30 degree angle I can make just about any handgun disappear under a collared shirt.(untucked)
I had a 1911 horizontal shoulder holster for a stainless Springfield GI(5" barrel model) due to my frame it stuck out like a sore thumb,so I ended up never really using the holster much,which was unfortunate it was actually very comfortable, however if I wore it even under a thicker coat it was still pretty obvious I was carrying.
Vertical though would have been no problem, it was the long barrel that really made it stick out,literally in this case.
I like shoulder rigs but the comfy ones are not cheap.(IE: the leather ones)
I've been contemplating a 629 or maybe a S&W 1917 in a vertical shoulder rig, just not sure if that would work at all for my frame, I know 3 o clock would but I would most likely need to buy a larger belt for the weight.

aksu747; You will need a pretty serious "Gun Belt" to handle any of the "N" Frame guns. I've never been a fan of the horizontal holsters. Any time you are wearing one you are pointing your sidearm at whoever is behind you.:mad: They may work on the Boobtube but not in real life.:)

aksu747; You will need a pretty serious "Gun Belt" to handle any of the "N" Frame guns. I've never been a fan of the horizontal holsters. Any time you are wearing one you are pointing your sidearm at whoever is behind you.:mad: They may work on the Boobtube but not in real life.:)
Well vertical works better for concealment anyway.
Horizontal is better for a faster draw though, which was why I tried it in the first place.
Yeah well anytime you go up a flight of stairs you are flagging people below you with a" regular" holster yet no one seems to care about that, I think the flagging is way overblown unless you have something like a type 94 nambu holstered which can go off by the exposed sear on the side being touched.
I prefer OWB anyway, IWB is nice for smaller guns, but I need OWB for a fullsize to be even slightly comfy.

I carry a Glock 19 X OUTSIDE THE WAIST BAND the short barrel .the same as a Glock 19
Makes it easier to hide but it has a full size grip .
A Glock 17 lower .
But I like the full size grip it's give and take .
I wish I could carry my full size 1911 Kimber.
I shoot it the best but it's so hard to carry and hide sorry a little late .

Last Edited:
I carry a full size M&P .40, or a Spring field XDm 9mm with 5" barrel for everyday carry.

No issues. People are oblivious. Even if I WAS printing, people don't even notice or care.

Some people notice . I was confronted while unknowingly printing .I had a lcp in my back pocket of my most common wore jeans. It made a perfect white outline of the gun .like you see of a snooze can or a wallet. I never noticed. And did not consider people look at old men's butts.

Springfield XDm 3.8" 9mm, double capacity mags (carry an extra one), IWB...

No issues, haven't been found out in 3.5 years with this setup - carried an XD 4" 9mm for about 6 months at the beginning...

Peace,
Michael J.

Springfield XD 4" Service Model .45, I originally planned to get a smaller daily carry, but I got so used to the XD that I haven't bothered. I used to use a Comp-Tac Spartan IWB, but recently switched to an Alien Gear Shapeshifter OWB, which I know use almost exclusively.

All I need to cover this is an untucked shirt. I'm 5'9' and 155 and unless you hug me, you'll never know it's there. This tucks in close and is something I can wear all day.

Galco Summer Comfort with a 4 1/4" 1911.

cbob in leather.jpg

I'm 6' and about 160 these days, and during fall/winter I'm carrying a 5" 1911, generally in a leather paddle and between sweatshirts, jackets, and general winter type clothing don't have a problem. Spring/summer I tend to go with my Khar P45, again in a paddle most of the time.
Re other comments here.....regardless of what I'm carrying, it's on when I get dressed and only off when I go to bed.
But each to their own.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews