JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ohhh...thanks for letting me know.
I'll be sure to rest easy now that you , the fount of all wisdom have spoken.
Andy
Thank you for your respectful response.

Clearly, some people would ban every gun in existence, including BB guns. But not every restriction on how and where you can shoot a gun is the same as that (despite the rhetoric).

Here's a long article on the benefits of lead free hunting and shooting from those anti-2A gun grabbers at Pew Pew Tactical:

Most gun ranges I've been to have limitations on what kind of ammo you can shoot there. I guess they want guns to be banned as well. :rolleyes:

Someone correct me if I misunderstood, but the 8 places in this thread didn't allow hunting before, and now do? That's pretty anti-gun, right?

Thank you for your respectful response.

Clearly, some people would ban every gun in existence, including BB guns. But not every restriction on how and where you can shoot a gun is the same as that (despite the rhetoric).

Here's a long article on the benefits of lead free hunting and shooting from those anti-2A gun grabbers at Pew Pew Tactical:

Most gun ranges I've been to have limitations on what kind of ammo you can shoot there. I guess they want guns to be banned as well. :rolleyes:
You are very welcome....I enjoyed posting that response to you.

As for the lead free hunting BS...
It is just that...and I will not "debate" this with you...ever.

Just be clear here...
I disagree with you...
And I won't respond to you about this matter.

So...
In the interest of not cluttering up the thread with useless "conversation"...
if you quote me or attempt to provoke a reply from me...you will be ignored.

Andy

You are very welcome....I enjoyed posting that response to you.

As for the lead free hunting BS...
It is just that...and I will not "debate" this with you...ever.

Just be clear here...
I disagree with you...
And I won't respond to you about this matter.

So...
In the interest of not cluttering up the thread with useless "conversation"...
if you quote me or attempt to provoke a reply from me...you will be ignored.

Andy
You don't need to debate me or even reply to me. This is not a PM.

If you just wanna hunt in peace, you're not the enemy, you do you, live and let live but realize that they ARE coming for you next because of your "evil high-powered super-accurate sniper murderguns". Don't believe me? Look o Canada where they just did EXACTLY that. What they intend here they try there first.

The Enemy Within is... well, you cross that line when you say "Nobody needs [fill in the blank]."
Who says Canadians can't own rifles?

Oh, I believe everyone should have a copy of their most likely enemy country's basic service rifle alongside their own's... the better to understand its strengths and weaknesses should you have to go up against it.
Don't like the AK, won't ever buy one. I feel the AR or even FAL is a better platform. Plus, I just don't like commies.
Does this make me a Fudd?

Who says Canadians can't own rifles?
Look into Bill C-21--it bans everything above a certain amount of ft-lb (well, joules) kinetic energy at the muzzle. Said cap being below the minimum for taking dangerous game like bear and moose.

I get you re hating Commies and I'm not an AK OR AR "fan" myself--there's a difference between advocating one's personal belief as a "suggested best practice" vs advocating for making that preference MANDATORY. Hell, by some reads, 2A can be interpreted to REQUIRE an AR in every coat closet... and I wouldn't advocate that either, because there are some people out there legit unsuited to the responsibility thereof.

Hell, by some reads, 2A can be interpreted to REQUIRE an AR in every coat closet... and I wouldn't advocate that either, because there are some people out there legit unsuited to the responsibility thereof
Militia Act of 1792 seems to indicate a requirement for every eligible for service, able bodied white citizen 18-45 of age to procure or own a suitable musket, or rifle, and enough cartridges or powder and balls of a specific size.

Relevant via Bruen, it could indicate a requirement to own the same firearms used by the military, only for those persons who are eligible for service (Selective Service) and able-bodied. Also body armor, helmets, NVGs, related gear and ammo.

Militia Act of 1792 seems to indicate a requirement for every eligible for service, able bodied white citizen 18-45 of age to procure or own a suitable musket, or rifle, and enough cartridges or powder and balls of a specific size.

Relevant via Bruen, it could indicate a requirement to own the same firearms used by the military, only for those persons who are eligible for service (Selective Service) and able-bodied. Also body armor, helmets, NVGs, related gear and ammo.
That would be a fun can-o-worms to get to SCOTUS... problem is then I can see the Lefties weaponizing it to say "aged out or 4-F = no iron for you!"

Yeah... I somehow don't think SCOTUS would ever hear any case to overturn the entire NFA/GCA and parts of FOPA...
Yet Thomas' interpretation of Bruen would allow one to throw out "unusual and dangerous" as never being part of the earliest firearms regulation.

It is hard to imagine a firearm more unusual and dangerous than how revolvers must have appeared in 1850.

Yet Thomas' interpretation of Bruen would allow one to throw out "unusual and dangerous" as never being part of the earliest firearms regulation.

It is hard to imagine a firearm more unusual and dangerous than how revolvers must have appeared in 1850.
And Thomas is only 1 of 2, maybe 4 Justices who would go by Originalist theory.

In Heller, then Macdonald, then even Bruen... there seems to be some indication that "some restrictions" are OK. And Heller specifically did say "dangerous and unusual weapons" can be regulated. So with that.. like I said, I don't think even this current SCOTUS would be willing to overturn the entirety of NFA and GCA.

C-21's even gonna ban most moose-appropriate guns for being above a specific muzzle-energy limit. Bayonet this crap in the gut now, folks, before it has a chance to march on our doorsteps...
Only arms with muzzle energy in excess of 10,000 joules by my reading. Google tells me that's about 7400 ft/lbs of ME. A 338 LM doesn't get to 5,000 ft/lbs, so what is "moose appropriate"?

And Heller specifically did say "dangerous and unusual weapons" can be regulated.
The whole "dangerous and unusual weapons " debate has been around for a long time.
A comment regrading the revolvers from the 1850s got me thinking....

Francis Parkman in his work The Oregon Trail...
Makes mention of the dangers of the profusions of "revolvers" and Bowie knives seen on the frontier.
Granted his "revolvers " were revolving firearms like "pepperboxes" and the like..
And...he also tied in the dangers of the above with alcohol abuse.
With that said....
Parkman at that time was ...young , snobbish and judgemental.

An opposing view of revolvers at roughly the same time period is from Capt. Randolph Marcy and his work The Prairie Traveler .
He states the the best firearms for those traveling Westward are the Colt's revolver and revolving rifle.
Marcy , may have been a Colt Salesman as well...Not really , but he does go on about the merits of revolvers and revolving firearms.

I bet that if the forum was around in the mid 1840's to mid 1850's...
We'd see some interesting debates and comments , much like we see today....:D
Andy

Last Edited:
Well......
Get on board THE LOVE TRAIN.

1688320458351.png
1688320504716.png

How about some music to go along with that?

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top