JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"The People" were the ultimate power in the old American Republic, and the "Militia" was the armed subset of The People... of course, after we became a "democracy", the old Republic was swept away, the standing military became the Militia, and many things changed...
Don't you just love the argument: "We don't need militias anymore because we have the National Guard instead."? I always respond with: "Who do you think they will send to take your guns away?"

There must be a lot of Rubicons out there, they sure get crossed a lot.
7qzig2.jpg

Oh, I believe everyone should have a copy of their most likely enemy country's basic service rifle alongside their own's... the better to understand its strengths and weaknesses should you have to go up against it.

A not insignificant number of people, including Judges and politicians seem to believe that the 2A really means "a well-regulated (by laws) military being necessary to the security of the free(for tyrants to rule) State (Government), the right of the Government to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed" :rolleyes:
I believe that would include a couple of our less esteemed members.

What is interesting to me at least , in the 2nd Amendment , is what it does not say.
As in :
"...the right to keep and bear Arms , but only Arms of specific types and for certain purposes , shall not be infringed."

No where in the 2nd Amendment does it state what manner of Arms one may keep and or bear,...nor does it state that one has to provide a need or reason to do so...as you pointed out.
Andy
Why I believe "assault weapon bans" and other infringements are unconstitutional. Anyone with a third grade reading level can understand that, except our politicians, who apparently are only capable of pooping their diapers and eating their own boogers.

I believe that would include a couple of our less esteemed members.
Quite. It seems some forget the main purpose of this community.

1688060898701.png

.... and believe pushing support of 2A infringements and/or additional gooberment regulations is perfectly acceptable simply because they own a firearm too. (so they say) 🤣

Ya know, I see the Fudd term thrown around so easy. It's a way to cast blame on anyone besides who the blame is due.

I similarly use the term punks. Folks who are the biggest firearms experts the world has ever known, (because they told us so), but have done nothing to defend the 2nd Amendment.

At 70+, I guess I'm a Fudd. I vote. I belong to only the NRA. I've spent thousands on pro-2A issues and candidates. Politicians cringe at the thought of receiving another of my letters, emails, and/or phone calls. But it's us old timers that are to blame that our Rights continue to be flushed down the toilet?

Wake the f' up.

The "blame" for our loss follows all age groups from what I see. All my life I have seen gun owners who could care less and paid no attention to what was happening. Until some new law finally effected them. Then they would go over the top blaming. The one person they would not blame was the law makers they supported who did this too them. I still see it today from people older than I, and far younger than me. A LOT of gun owners tell anyone who will listen to them to not vote every election. Then when more laws go against us these same people say "see I told you so". :confused:
So they tell people to give up, then say they were right to give up.

Duh. I thought everybody knew?
View attachment 1444958
Jeep has been using the Names of the toughest and most challenging Off Road Trails in the States, Rubicon being a super fun and challenging trail, Mojave being especially technical, and Moab being the most expansive and impressive! I have been through the later, but Yet to "Cross the Rubicon" my self, but hopefully this fall I can mark that one off the list!

The "blame" for our loss follows all age groups from what I see. All my life I have seen gun owners who could care less and paid no attention to what was happening. Until some new law finally effected them. Then they would go over the top blaming. The one person they would not blame was the law makers they supported who did this too them. I still see it today from people older than I, and far younger than me. A LOT of gun owners tell anyone who will listen to them to not vote every election. Then when more laws go against us these same people say "see I told you so". :confused:
So they tell people to give up, then say they were right to give up.
What's even funnier (not "ha ha" funny) is those are typically the people that will swear up and down and firmly proclaim, "I never voted for him/her!!" when a poor candidate is elected.

The logic misfire being that not voting is the equivalent of not voting one way or the other. When in fact.... not voting against is exactly the same as voting for them. By not cancelling out a "for" vote, it's the same difference as casting your vote in their favor.

"It will make no difference" becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

Just sayin....

Jeep has been using the Names of the toughest and most challenging Off Road Trails in the States, Rubicon being a super fun and challenging trail, Mojave being especially technical, and Moab being the most expansive and impressive! I have been through the later, but Yet to "Cross the Rubicon" my self, but hopefully this fall I can mark that one off the list!
Damn! That is impressive. Wife and I just bought us a new (to us) Jeep that is set up for off road but I sure would not be brave enough to try that. Am looking forward to taking it over to see the big water as soon as I get some days off though. I had no idea that was where the name Rubicon came from. When we were shopping for ours we looked at a lot of them since we were after a Wrangler. Could not really see what they had other than the name making them the price they were. Some of them were damn nice though.

Damn! That is impressive. Wife and I just bought us a new (to us) Jeep that is set up for off road but I sure would not be brave enough to try that. Am looking forward to taking it over to see the big water as soon as I get some days off though. I had no idea that was where the name Rubicon came from. When we were shopping for ours we looked at a lot of them since we were after a Wrangler. Could not really see what they had other than the name making them the price they were. Some of them were damn nice though.
My Brother bought a Gladiator Mojave, and it's super impressive for a stock rig, it came factory with a whole bunch of nice upgrades you would spend big bucks on buying and having installed, and it does insanely well off road, far better then we thought it would! We took that thing all over Moab and Sand Hollow and had an absolute blast with it! There were 30 other rigs in our group, and only the Jeeps could do all the trails and obstacles, the New Broncos ( 5 of them) had all sorts of issues and were always breaking stuff, especially front suspension and steering parts! Only ONE Jeep had issues, and that was because they didn't option a set of Rock Sliders on their rig, so we had to pay extra attention to them when running some of the obstacles!

TL;DR this thread - did speed read article

Not new approach. They have been going after lead projectiles and primer compounds for years. Especially lead shot for waterfowl. This is why some ammo manufacturers have been making rifle and handgun projectiles from brass/bronze/etc. without lead for some years now.

The low hanging fruit.....would have been to propose that no semi auto rifles/handguns and or Shotguns would be allowed while hunting.

OMG?!?!

Aloha, Mark

PS........perhaps, the "scope" would/could have been next?

YEAH, Yeah, yeah.....baby steps towards the Ultimate Goal.

An anti-gun, Obama appointed, Federal Judge made a ruling today denying relief regarding New York's Marxist gun law, in which he said the Bruen test "is considered by many to be an impractical and intellectually flawed approach" as his reasoning. They are now starting to openly disobey US Supreme Court rulings. Many believe that the left will openly disavow and ignore this and future USSC rulings, which at a certain point, will become the Rubicon crossed.
Agreed, they actually believe that tripe because the USSC was unfairly packed by none other than Trump. :s0001:

99EBAB03-9868-4FF6-981F-3388EE818016.jpeg

Yes the oppression never stops.

Now Biden is preventing hunters from hunting.

Because solid copper bullets cost more than lead ones. And given the typical firing schedule of Fudds of 26 rounds per season, it amounts to…

F—all nothing.

And for the nonFudds, LARPing doesn't require real bullets anyway.

The Hell it don't amount to nothing....

Banning and or the restricting of lead ammo is just another in a long series of steps to making it more and more difficult to shoot firearms.
Which in turn makes it difficult to bear arms.

It is this seeming "nothing" that adds up and steadily chips away at the 2nd Amendment...which will eventually erode it away till nothing is left.
Andy

The Hell it don't amount to nothing....

Banning and or the restricting of lead ammo is just another in a long series of steps to making it more and more difficult to shoot firearms.
Which in turn makes it difficult to bear arms.

It is this seeming "nothing" that adds up and steadily chips away at the 2nd Amendment...which will eventually erode it away till nothing is left.
Andy
But this doesn't ban lead ammo.

The sky is falling.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads