JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow, lots of reading deficient posters here. This isn't banning any guns, isn't hampering access, isn't stomping on anyone's hunts. It's doing what has been done at the state level for a long time now - banning lead shot and lead bullets - which have proven to cause problems when birds swallow them for their gizzard.

Now I think a ban on centerfire rifle lead is a stretch, I know CA has a ban already, I'm not sure about other states.

Stop reacting to headlines and hot takes and take a bubbleguming minute to READ and understand the actual proposal. The sky isn't falling.
A Fudd is someone who thinks the 2A ends at hunting rifles or maybe a revolver or regulating who and what kind of modern self defense guns one can have.

I didnt read anything in that article that suggested banning or regulating or restricting 2A rights. Lead hunting ammo is an old topic, its already been banned in waterfowl hunting for many years now so it shouldnt be any surprise environmentalists want to ban it in other hunting disciplines.

Let me know when they are talking about banning lead training and self defense ammo for self defense and defense of tyranny and we will have a case of fuddery to discuss.
Yeah, I'm sure they'll stop right there. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm sure they'll stop right there. :rolleyes:
when it comes to banning guns they wont. And that includes fudd guns and all the fudds will be in for a surprise or just give up.

Australia is already banning high power scopes and long range hunting rifles. You can own hunting guns in Canada but Ive heard you cant use them for self defense, not even in your own home. How civilized they are...

when it comes to banning guns they wont. And that includes fudd guns and all the fudds will be in for a surprise or just give up.

Australia is already banning high power scopes and long range hunting rifles. You can own hunting guns in Canada but Ive heard you cant use them for self defense, not even in your own home. How civilized they are...
C-21's even gonna ban most moose-appropriate guns for being above a specific muzzle-energy limit. Bayonet this crap in the gut now, folks, before it has a chance to march on our doorsteps...

Hey now, you can pull a trigger from a rocking chair.

Bill Waugh was hunting terrorists at age 71, he participated in Operation Enduring Freedom going into Afghanistan as a member of a CIA team.

Samuel Whittemore was 78 on April 19, 1775, when British soldiers left him in a pool of blood alongside a stone wall in Menotomy, Mass. As they retreated from the Battles of Lexington and Concord, they had shot the old farmer in the face. Then they bayoneted him at least six times and clubbed him, apparently, to death, but he survived and lived another 18 years.
Boy do I want to rant :s0140: but I am done singing with the choir. My days are gone and it's time the younger smarter guys take on the bad guys. Things have changed tremendously in the last three years and if gives the young guys a real advantage in the fight.

There never was any reason to compromise with these constitution hating people.
Truth be told, they are in power and they always get what they want and the other side always caves in.
An anti-gun, Obama appointed, Federal Judge made a ruling today denying relief regarding New York's Marxist gun law, in which he said the Bruen test "is considered by many to be an impractical and intellectually flawed approach" as his reasoning. They are now starting to openly disobey US Supreme Court rulings. Many believe that the left will openly disavow and ignore this and future USSC rulings, which at a certain point, will become the Rubicon crossed.

Wow, lots of reading deficient posters here. This isn't banning any guns, isn't hampering access, isn't stomping on anyone's hunts. It's doing what has been done at the state level for a long time now - banning lead shot and lead bullets - which have proven to cause problems when birds swallow them for their gizzard.
At the least, It is hampering in the sense that some folks (me included) will be sitting on 10's of 1000's of rounds of ammo that would be essentially useless. Requiring disposal and restocking at exorbitant prices. If and when the market supply is even sufficient enough to offer a selection of comparable offerings.

The bird thing is highly debatable. If you read up on the whole condor project (not just the propaganda bits released in the early years to justify the new law), CA outlawing lead ammo has had zero positive impact on the bird population and contaminant levels in their blood have continued to rise. Naturally occurring lead and industrial contaminants far outpace lead ammo as detrimental to their health. To the degree that lead ammo's impact has been determined to have been so slight as to be immeasurable.

They are able to determine that by examining lead found within their systems and are able to distinguish between the chemical makeups for lead typically produced for use in ammo, leaded industrial compounds, leaded paint contaminants and leads typically more consistent from sources such as open debris fields (landfills).

Personally, I'm sure lead ammo probably doesn't help the situation, but it does seem more about restricting firearm owners ability to hunt... and therefore less likely to carry on those traditions and the need/interest in owning firearms... more than it is about environmental impact. Simply making it ever increasingly more difficult and costly to use firearms.

I mean... heck... we downright know that EV vehicles and use of fossil fuels is much more damaging to the environment, but we sure don't see anyone limiting the sale or restricting the use of vehicles, do we!?

Last Edited:
An anti-gun, Obama appointed, Federal Judge made a ruling today denying relief regarding New York's Marxist gun law, in which he said the Bruen test "is considered by many to be an impractical and intellectually flawed approach" as his reasoning. They are now starting to openly disobey US Supreme Court rulings. Many believe that the left will openly disavow and ignore this and future USSC rulings, which at a certain point, will become the Rubicon crossed.
There must be a lot of Rubicons out there, they sure get crossed a lot.

Help my English... what is a "rubicon"?

I could only find a definition about some game.
(in piquet) an act of winning a game against an opponent whose total score is less than 100, in which case the loser's score is added to rather than subtracted from the winner's.

Of course.. I've never heard of the game "piquet" either, but it doesn't seem germane to the above posts anyway... so just an explanation of "rubicon" would suffice.🤪 ~TIA

I could only find a definition about some game.
(in piquet) an act of winning a game against an opponent whose total score is less than 100, in which case the loser's score is added to rather than subtracted from the winner's.

Of course.. I've never heard of the game "piquet" either, but it doesn't seem germane to the above posts anyway... so just an explanation of "rubicon" would suffice.🤪 ~TIA
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossing_the_Rubicon

I get called a Fudd because I personally don't own any of latest and greatest calibers or AR/AK platforms. I also have a very limited amount of polymer framed guns. What is missed is that this is my preferences and no where am I saying anyone else's choices are wrong for them. Yes, I believe I don't NEED an AR to hunt Deer but think that if that's what you have and want to do, good for you.
Maybe this is what makes me a FUDD more than anything and that is the belief that the best way to keep, protect and defend our 2A rights is to use them. I don't know why the shooting sports aren't growing by leaps and bounds. Shooting guns is fun IMHO so why not be good at it. Just look at how many people shot the postal match in the last couple of months or post on the Gun day, fun day thread. Compare that to the number of post in the multitude of threads about how "they" are taking our gun rights away. Everyone forgets about the first part of the second amendment but that is what more than anything what the tyrants are fearful of, a populace that is willing to shoot back and are good at it. Just ask the British.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I get called a Fudd because I personally don't own any of latest and greatest calibers or AR/AK platforms. I also have a very limited amount of polymer framed guns. What is missed is that this is my preferences and no where am I saying anyone else's choices are wrong for them. Yes, I believe I don't NEED an AR to hunt Deer but think that if that's what you have and want to do, good for you.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
If I had to call you anything I'd call you an "Anti-Fudd"--the same personal preferences for your own life but with the tolerant "live and let live, you do you" spirit that Elmers lack. Props for that. :)

The Rubicon... or Fort Sumter

Duh. I thought everybody knew?
1688049320549.png

A not insignificant number of people, including Judges and politicians seem to believe that the 2A really means "a well-regulated (by laws) military being necessary to the security of the free(for tyrants to rule) State (Government), the right of the Government to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed" :rolleyes:

A not insignificant number of people, including Judges and politicians seem to believe that the 2A really means "a well-regulated (by laws) military being necessary to the security of the free(for tyrants to rule) State (Government), the right of the Government to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed" :rolleyes:
"The People" were the ultimate power in the old American Republic, and the "Militia" was the armed subset of The People... of course, after we became a "democracy", the old Republic was swept away, the standing military became the Militia, and many things changed...

Age doesn't make one a Fudd. Expressing that the only guns people of this country should own are hunting rifles does.
^100% and I have heard this opinion from all kinds of people, including one person in their 30s who is in the US Army (believe it or not).

"I have an elk gun, a shotgun, and a handgun. Why do you need an AR-15?"

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top