JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is tough to do with the 'lottery' hunting system we have.

Most 'popular' hunting seasons ARE lottery based and therefore many of us have no choice if we are applying for a particular season, IE for the area and species of animal we want to hunt.
I was thinking more along the lines of people visiting the outdoors for non hunting related activities like hiking for example.

I was thinking more along the lines of people visiting the outdoors for non hunting related activities like hiking for example.
Ok, I understand this however it SEEMS (as well as I can remember anyway) most hunting 'accidents' I have read/heard about seem to largely in part had other hunters as the victims, or someone accompanying a hunter such as the daughter of a hunter who was killed a couple years ago I seem to recall.

I suspect most hunting "accidents" happen during popular hunting seasons. If a person wanted to reduce the chances they would become a victim of a hunting "accident", they could avoid going out in the woods during popular hunting seasons. It would be nice if all hunters followed all safety aspects before taking their shots but some don't. We take risk when we go out for a walk, we take more risk when we go out for a walk in the dark and rain.
I've found that the way to avoid hunters over here is to get away from the road!
Before I started stand hunting I would head off to the wilderness or some place where the elevation changes a bit and would never see another hunter. Most "hunters" are lazy. That in itself can cause hunting accidents.

I've found that the way to avoid hunters over here is to get away from the road!
Before I started stand hunting I would head off to the wilderness or some place where the elevation changes a bit and would never see another hunter. Most "hunters" are lazy. That in itself can cause hunting accidents.
That's what got me into backcountry hunting a couple decades ago. You get 15+ miles away from anything and not only do you not see any people, you find where the game don't see any people either!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top