JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ya know, I see the Fudd term thrown around so easy. It's a way to cast blame on anyone besides who the blame is due.

I similarly use the term punks. Folks who are the biggest firearms experts the world has ever known, (because they told us so), but have done nothing to defend the 2nd Amendment.

At 70+, I guess I'm a Fudd. I vote. I belong to only the NRA. I've spent thousands on pro-2A issues and candidates. Politicians cringe at the thought of receiving another of my letters, emails, and/or phone calls. But it's us old timers that are to blame that our Rights continue to be flushed down the toilet?

Wake the f' up.

Age doesn't make one a Fudd. Expressing that the only guns people of this country should own are hunting rifles does.

I guess you younger gents are going to have to pick up the battle flag to protect your rights. It's well worn from the battles the old men have fought but the war never ends.

It's your turn, good luck.

If you just wanna hunt in peace, you're not the enemy, you do you, live and let live but realize that they ARE coming for you next because of your "evil high-powered super-accurate sniper murderguns". Don't believe me? Look o Canada where they just did EXACTLY that. What they intend here they try there first.

The Enemy Within is... well, you cross that line when you say "Nobody needs [fill in the blank]."

I guess you younger gents are going to have to pick up the battle flag to protect your rights. It's well worn from the battles the old men have fought but the war never ends.

It's your turn, good luck.
Hey now, you can pull a trigger from a rocking chair.

Bill Waugh was hunting terrorists at age 71, he participated in Operation Enduring Freedom going into Afghanistan as a member of a CIA team.

Samuel Whittemore was 78 on April 19, 1775, when British soldiers left him in a pool of blood alongside a stone wall in Menotomy, Mass. As they retreated from the Battles of Lexington and Concord, they had shot the old farmer in the face. Then they bayoneted him at least six times and clubbed him, apparently, to death, but he survived and lived another 18 years.

Last Edited:
I don't think that everyone or anyone needs a AR-15 .

However...
I also don't think that the AR-15 or any firearm for that matter , needs to be banned or restricted either.
Own whatever firearms you like...or not...just don't make that choice for others.

The term Fudd gets used too much...been called one myself here on this very forum.
Andy
Not arguing with you.

I am of the opinion that it is called the Bill of Rights, not the Bill of Needs or the Bill of Permissions, for a reason. It doesn't matter what I think someone needs. I will support their right to own a bazooka if they want. Arms are not limited a specific type in the constitution.
And Fudd is overused almost as much as the concept that I somehow must justify a need in order to exercise a right.

The division and sense of moral superiority within the camps of the gun community is our own worst enemy, next to apathy.

Last Edited:
Not arguing with you.

I am of the opinion that it is called the Bill of Rights, not the Bill of Needs or the Bill of Permissions, for a reason. It doesn't matter what I think someone needs. I will support their right to own a bazooka if they want. Arms are not limited a specific type in the constitution.
And Fudd is overused almost as much as the concept that I somehow must justify a need in order to exercise a right.
What is interesting to me at least , in the 2nd Amendment , is what it does not say.
As in :
"...the right to keep and bear Arms , but only Arms of specific types and for certain purposes , shall not be infringed."

No where in the 2nd Amendment does it state what manner of Arms one may keep and or bear,...nor does it state that one has to provide a need or reason to do so...as you pointed out.
Andy

What is interesting to me at least , in the 2nd Amendment , is what it does not say.
As in :
"...the right to keep and bear Arms , but only Arms of specific types and for certain purposes , shall not be infringed."

No where in the 2nd Amendment does it state what manner of Arms one may keep and or bear,...nor does it state that one has to provide a need or reason to do so...as you pointed out.
Andy
And that includes "nunchucks" and "switchblades".

You guys really should read the Works of one Thomas Jefferson, you know, one of the chief writers of our Deceleration of Independence AND our Bill Of Rights! Seems Ol' Thom had VERY Specific thoughts and ideas about exactly WHO should be able to own What, and for What purpose! It was his Vision that gave us the 2nd and those VERY SPECIFFIC 27 words we all must live by!

No reason to be upset about this.
After all, eating meat is contrbuting to "Climate Change", haven't you heard ?
Besides the eco-nut cases are going to put us on an insect diet.

Remember...

SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE !!

Great time for the
"I hunt but, I don't think anyone should own an ____" types to speak up and finally engage in their local and national 2A rights. Sure they have a 30-06 and their $3k shotguns but they don't consider the fact that these anti gun/anti sportsman laws essentially erode all access and USE of firearms.. directly impacting their little trips to kill animals and even fish. These laws just compound over time.

When I spoke to my misguided uncle about the lead ban he didn't realize how much that impacts.. he legitimately thought some random test without any double checking actually proved what they claimed and that is simply not true. The California condor was not going out and eating buckets of lead. The study I'm sure if you follow the money is tied to anti gun organizations.. it's where this funding comes from.. just like statistics these studies can easily be manipulated then used for sweeping legislation without any kind of proof testing of the study.

Let's clarify... when someone says "you don't need an AR for deer" and stop there, that's one thing and we can still be cool... when they insist that "FUHR MUH DEERZ!" is the only legit reason to own a gun and support those who want to take a fallen friend's M4 that he started and I finished in his memory or my old duty-sidearm 1911 from my hands, THEN they are The Enemy and it's Fix Bayonets time.

Fairnuff? :)

Wow, lots of reading deficient posters here. This isn't banning any guns, isn't hampering access, isn't stomping on anyone's hunts. It's doing what has been done at the state level for a long time now - banning lead shot and lead bullets - which have proven to cause problems when birds swallow them for their gizzard.

Now I think a ban on centerfire rifle lead is a stretch, I know CA has a ban already, I'm not sure about other states.

Stop reacting to headlines and hot takes and take a bubbleguming minute to READ and understand the actual proposal. The sky isn't falling.

I have no doubt that lead has caused problems for birds and perhaps other critters...
However....
I also think that those problems have been overblown...overstated and overused.

Please note that I will not debate this...as I am of a uncharacteristic fixed mind set about this so called issue.
Andy

I have no doubt that lead has caused problems for birds and perhaps other critters...
However....
I also think that those problems have been overblown...overstated and overused.

Please note that I will not debate this...as I am of a uncharacteristic fixed mind set about this so called issue.
Andy
Agreed!

Given Lead is one of the most common natural elements on earth, it's literally EVERYWHERE, and if it really was as toxic as they say it is, we sure as hell would know about it! Waterfowl and Fish do NOT ingest any significant amounts of lead from shot, there is absolutely ZERO irrefutable evidence or proof to support these claims, and yet we suffer legislation by fiat!

A Fudd is someone who thinks the 2A ends at hunting rifles or maybe a revolver or regulating who and what kind of modern self defense guns one can have.

I didnt read anything in that article that suggested banning or regulating or restricting 2A rights. Lead hunting ammo is an old topic, its already been banned in waterfowl hunting for many years now so it shouldnt be any surprise environmentalists want to ban it in other hunting disciplines.

Let me know when they are talking about banning lead training and self defense ammo for self defense and defense of tyranny and we will have a case of fuddery to discuss.

A Fudd is someone who thinks the 2A ends at hunting rifles or maybe a revolver or regulating who and what kind of modern self defense guns one can have.

I didnt read anything in that article that suggested banning or regulating or restricting 2A rights. Lead hunting ammo is an old topic, its already been banned in waterfowl hunting for many years now so it shouldnt be any surprise environmentalists want to ban it in other hunting disciplines.

Let me know when they are talking about banning lead training and self defense ammo for self defense and defense of tyranny and we will have a case of fuddery to discuss.
Perfect example of a FUDD is Warren at the GUN ROOM, THAT'S a FUDD!

All this shows is that there is no more reasoning or compromising with a gun-grabber than there is with a Skynet T-800... if you refuse to fight them you enable them.

If you will not stand and fight for us there will be nobody showing up for you when it's your turn...
There never was any reason to compromise with these constitution hating people.
Truth be told, they are in power and they always get what they want and the other side always caves in.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top