JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So if we slap a "hello kitty" sticker on all the scary rifles and mag, it essentially nullifies their little kibosh of modern sporting rifles and mags.. thats essentially all it comes down to.

Welcome to back to the era of:
"The shoulder thing that goes up".

The article even says they are shifting their business to be primarily food. So again. I could care less. Really, how many of you were loyal FM firearm purchasers?

Our goal is to serve America through food inspiration and uplift. Part of that effort is redefining the grocery customer experience with an emphasis on Our Brands and through space optimization. Due to changing consumer demands and preferences, we will be evaluating what is offered in our stores today and refocusing to make sure that food is at the center of our vision

Got to love mealy-mouthed, corporate drivel. :rolleyes:

Really, how many of you were loyal FM firearm purchasers?

To the best of my recollection, I've only bought one firearm from Freddies. It was exactly what I was looking for a project and, surprisingly, at a decent rate. After our Federal friends approved said, I turned it into a NFA-registered SBS.

StoSxS.jpg

:s0112:

I bought a pistol from Fredie's back in the mid-70's (Ruger Blackhawk in 45 Colt). Then they quit the firearms business. I was very surprised when I learned a couple of years ago that Fredie was back to selling guns. I don't see this as a huge blow to the firearms community, as a whole.

I bought a pistol from Fredie's back in the mid-70's. Then they quit the firearms business. I was very surprised when I learned a couple of years ago that Fredie was back to selling guns. I don't see this as a huge blow to the firearms community, as a whole.

That's because it's not. :)

Honestly, I find it funny how many people get upset about Fred Meyer. They can run their business any way they see fit. If the kid that's suing them wins, then good for him to nail them for some scratch. But really, any business can decide what they want to sell or not sell. And after their first response to Florida I figured they would dump ALL firearms and accessories anyway.

That does it.. Imna buy an iron that presses a print of a 1911 into all my shirts.
yea, pretty lame.. I was going for some kinda slam joke about printing presses or something

any magazine that showcases "assault" style guns...
slowly but surely they will make guns go away and vilify them in the process.

<broken link removed>

Let Fred Meyers know how you feel about this by contacting them here:
https://www.fredmeyer.com/customercomments

I just sent them this on their comment site:

"Please know that as a result of your First Amendment censorship and Second Amendment discrimination, confirmed by your new policies to remove from your stores any publication depicting "assault-type" firearms and to refuse to sell long guns to anyone under 21 years of age, I, and many like-minded supporters of the First and Second Amendments, will no longer shop at any of your stores. I hope that you will learn, in your pandering attempt to remain "politically neutral", that you have, in fact, taken a political side.
Good day and good riddance."

Honestly, I find it funny how many people get upset about Fred Meyer. They can run their business any way they see fit. If the kid that's suing them wins, then good for him to nail them for some scratch. But really, any business can decide what they want to sell or not sell. And after their first response to Florida I figured they would dump ALL firearms and accessories anyway.

This has less to do with Fred Meyer and more pointing out the unfortunate trend of making villains out of inanimate objects by corporate America.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews