JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Checked wiki and answered my own Q on handguns, they are banned. Rifles over .22 banned. Unbelivable number of restrictions (see below) including self defense not a valid reason to own. I can't imagine a worse place for current gun regulations. Really unbelievable.

I thought the chicken police, soil police, cow police, badger police, nighttime lighting police, etc on the Clarkson farm show were exaggerations but apparently not. Police and government involved in many details of a persons life and have to give permission for everything. Oppposite of freedom and more akin to China, where government controls many aspects of poeples lives.

View attachment 1367160 View attachment 1367161 View attachment 1367162 View attachment 1367163 View attachment 1367164 View attachment 1367165 View attachment 1367166 View attachment 1367167
Well, Sir, you may have been here a long time, but you have plainly never read any of my posts showing the few guns that I have, and talking about them, answering less confrontational questions about them and the others I shoot belonging to the 550 members of my gun club.

Handguns of ALL kinds are legal in Northern Ireland, part of the UK.

All black powder loose-loading handguns are permitted in ALL of UK.

NO centre-fire manually operated rifles are prohibited - or else I wouldn't have twenty of them - only semi-auto centre fire are banned after a massacre took place in which one was used by the killer. Cartridge-firing handguns were banned, in general, after another massacre in which sixteen 1st grade kids and their teacher were slaughtered.

However, in spite of your 'research', I still manage to shoot 3x.58/.577, 1x.451, two .308Win, 2x7x57, 2x.308Win, 1x6.5x55, 1x .45-70, 2x7.5x55, seven .22 and two handguns - a .44 C&B and a .357Mag.

Up to three-shot shotguns - shotgun certificate - there are around 3 million, maybe more in UK.

More than three-shot, as used in Practical shotgun sports - a firearms certificate is needed.

I have NEVER had my gun storage checked by the police - EVER. I've had an FAC since 1968. The police can only check my gun holdings by producing a search warrant with 'good cause'. Similarly they cannot demand to enter my house to check my guns without a warrant.

Enough with the BS, please.

Well, Sir, you may have been here a long time, but you have plainly never read any of my posts showing the few guns that I have, and talking about them, answering less confrontational questions about them and the others I shoot belonging to the 550 members of my gun club.

Handguns of ALL kinds are legal in Northern Ireland, part of the UK.

All black powder loose-loading handguns are permitted in ALL of UK.

NO centre-fire manually operated rifles are prohibited - or else I wouldn't have twenty of them - only semi-auto centre fire are banned after a massacre took place in which one was used by the killer. Cartridge-firing handguns were banned, in general, after another massacre in which sixteen 1st grade kids and their teacher were slaughtered.

However, in spite of your 'research', I still manage to shoot 3x.58/.577, 1x.451, two .308Win, 2x7x57, 2x.308Win, 1x6.5x55, 1x .45-70, 2x7.5x55, seven .22 and two handguns - a .44 C&B and a .357Mag.

Up to three-shot shotguns - shotgun certificate - there are around 3 million, maybe more in UK.

More than three-shot, as used in Practical shotgun sports - a firearms certificate is needed.

I have NEVER had my gun storage checked by the police - EVER. I've had an FAC since 1968. The police can only check my gun holdings by producing a search warrant with 'good cause'. Similarly they cannot demand to enter my house to check my guns without a warrant.

Enough with the BS, please.
So that whole wiki article from which these screenshots came is BS? That's surprising no one has changed it then. I find that very hard to believe.

Shooting sports is a strawman here. The popularity of shooting sports and any gun culture that grows from it is not a metric of gun rights.
Anti gun rights movement is fine with competitions and permission based usage of guns.

In case anybody missed it before, here is one of two pages of my FAC, just to show I'm not lying.

1676667082406.png

The second page has 2 x .577 Sniders, a .577 Pritchett Volunteer rifle and a .451 cal Whitworth rifle, as detailed at the bottom the page above, but at that time not entered.

Just thought some of you might like to see this - https://www.gbpra.co.uk/

Many members shoot rifles built by one or many of the rifle builders here in UK, like Dolphin Gun Company near Boston, Lincolnshire...

About 22,000,000 results (0.53 seconds)

Search Results

Web results

Dolphin Gun Company - Fully Adjustable Chassis Systems

https://www.youtube.com › watch

6:03

These Rifle stocks are truly modular. Offering full inlets for Remington 700 style actions, Barnard S & SM Actions & RPA Quadlite, ...
YouTube · Wolverine Supplies · 6 Mar 2015
6 key moments in this video

The .338 Lapua Custom Built by the Dolphin Gun ... - YouTube

2:39

A look at this .338 Lapua Magnum Custom Built Rifle by the Dolphin Gun Company, UK. This one in particular comes with a 26 inches barrel and ...
YouTube · Reloading & More · 3 days ago

50bmg at 3851 yards - YouTube

11:36

This Rifles chassis come from the guys at Dolphin Gun Company(Thanks again Mik, it's going great)Action from Barnard Precision and barrel ...
YouTube · MarkandSam AfterWork · 19 Jan 2019

Dolphin Gun Company test 50 Caliber - YouTube

0:59

Dolphin Gun Company testing a new Ammunition Accuracy testing system with a 50cal barrel mounted on it.
YouTube · Steve Thornton · 6 Aug 2013

Dolphin Gun Company 6,5x47 Lapua - YouTube

0:34

Dwa strzały z karabinu ze stajni Dolphin Guns Company cal. 6,5 x 45 Lapua. Cel na 100m o średnicy 2,5 cm. Dodam że właściciel tego karabinu ...
YouTube · PanTry · 14 Jun 2020

DOLPHIN AB BIPOD - YouTube

11:11

DOLPHIN AB BIPOD. Watch later. Share. Copy link. Info. Shopping. Tap to unmute. If playback doesn't begin shortly, try restarting your ...
YouTube · fieldsport cymru · 12 May 2021
9 key moments in this video

RANGER 2 BIPOD FROM DOLPHIN - YouTube

8:32

AboutPressCopyrightContact usCreatorsAdvertiseDevelopersTermsPrivacyPolicy & SafetyHow YouTube worksTest new features. © 2023 Google LLC.
YouTube · fieldsport cymru · 5 May 2021
9 pros and cons in this video

Ranger Tactical Bipod - YouTube

3:31

A brief look at the ranger tactical bipod.. Available from www.baileysshooting.co.uk rifle.. Remington Magpul Hunter A brief look at the ...
YouTube · Baileys shooting and country wear · 24 May 2020
10 key moments in this video

Dolphins with Guns on Their Heads - YouTube

7:01

Dolphins are so smart that they can call each other by name. The military in the Ukraine is taking advantage of their advanced cognitive ...
YouTube · Animalogic · 19 Jan 2016
1 question answered in this video

ULR 50cal bullet testing at over 2 miles - YouTube

7:05

This Rifles chassis come from the guys at Dolphin Gun Company (Thanks again Mik, it's going great) Looking for one of our videos, ...
YouTube · MarkandSam AfterWork · 15 Feb 2020

Uh, I'm not trying to 'compare' anywhere with anywhere. YOU responded by your own lights. If you want to see shooting results then I suggest you look at international target shooting of the long-range kind that takes place at Bisley, centre of the NRA of UK. The Queen's Prize comps attract around a 1000 - 1500 shooters every year. Or international clay, skeet and trap, where UK's shooters excel, especially the youngsters.

In view of our 'irreconcilable differences, let's agree to ignore each other henceforth. At least I'll be spared your unnecessary remarks. I'll leave you with a shot of the line-up at Bisley last year - where, according to you, there was nothing to see at all.

Have nice day.

View attachment 1367170
The concept of liberty is where I believe the communication breakdown is happening. While you can continue to show that there are firearms in the UK owned by individual people, the amount of restrictions related to that ownership creates a situation that is not compatible with what most liberty focused Americans would consider to be acceptable. While you may enjoy what you have, and use it as an example of gun ownership in the UK, it still in the eyes of Americans represents a neutered existence that can hardly qualify as firearm ownership.

Grabbing a picture of a hundred people at a sporting event doing what appears to be bolt action peep sight target shooting, similar to what is done at the Olympics even by countries that outright ban individual ownership of firearms, isn't impressive.

This is not intended to be inflammatory, but to illustrate that the different standards of expectations for the term "gun owner" are at play here. Even in the US these distinctions apply. A guy with a single bolt action rifle that takes it hunting once in a while, but otherwise has no interest in firearms has a different outlook on gun ownership than someone who carries a gun daily on their person for the specific purpose of being better prepared to defend themselves, and who owns other arms with the specific purpose and understanding that protecting the country from tyrannical government overreach was how this country started.

Since we have irreconcilable differences clearly apparent on this subject, there seems to little point in continuing with it in any meaningful form. This state of affairs, with me mostly defending what I CAN have, in spite of obvious restrictions, and what you CAN have, with very few restrictions, represents a chasm that I'm no longer going to try and cross.

Since the bickering, acrimonious comments and accusations of downright fabrication are all one way - you will look very hard to find me making any criticism of any aspect of shooting in the USA - and even though I fully support the way that your Constitution safeguards your right to bear arms - it is obvious to me that my time here is done, I'm tired of it and I have nothing more to say.

I've enjoyed most of here on this great forum, and found many of you to be kind and generous to an incredible degree. Mrs tac and I have a great love of the part of the US of A we choose to make our home for part of the year - and will continue to visit as long as we have our health and strength.

Many thanks to all my friends here, and please accept my good wishes for the future.

Take care and goodnight.

Since we have irreconcilable differences clearly apparent on this subject, there seems to little point in continuing with it in any meaningful form. This state of affairs, with me mostly defending what I CAN have, in spite of obvious restrictions, and what you CAN have, with very few restrictions, represents a chasm that I'm no longer going to try and cross.

Since the bickering, acrimonious comments and accusations of downright fabrication are all one way - you will look very hard to find me making any criticism of any aspect of shooting in the USA - and even though I fully support the way that your Constitution safeguards your right to bear arms - it is obvious to me that my time here is done, I'm tired of it and I have nothing more to say.

I've enjoyed most of here on this great forum, and found many of you to be kind and generous to an incredible degree. Mrs tac and I have a great love of the part of the US of A we choose to make our home for part of the year - and will continue to visit as long as we have our health and strength.

Many thanks to all my friends here, and please accept my good wishes for the future.

Take care and goodnight.
Tac, nobody here has bickered with you. The topic here is gun control and the UK was mentioned as an example. It -is- an example of gun control. I love your history and knowledge of guns and shooting sports,
but UK Shooting sports and how many guns your -allowed- to own are totally different subjects. The discussion here is gun control so please dont be offended if us Americans over here use the UK as an example of gun control we dont want.

Hope you stick around we all love ya here.

@tac , I understand your frustration regarding misunderstanding of UK laws. As this forum is US-centric, perhaps you might consider posting a thread under Firearm Laws / Legal summarizing UK gun laws, and asking the mods to pin it to the top of the section for reference. I'm inclined to put more trust in the words of a person actually living within the constraints of a law over a wiki page when it comes to realities of gun ownership in a given country, but there is a lot of conflicting and erroneous information out there, so I think it would be a worthwhile effort to do so.

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but UK ownership appears to be limited to firearms for "sporting purposes" and based on a system of "permission to own". That is quite a bit different than the "right to own" for "all lawful purposes" standard most of the US lives under. I (and likely many others on this forum) take issue with the concept of a government not recognizing personal protection as a legitimate purpose for owning arms, and being able to unilaterally restrict a citizen's ability to own arms without a means of legal recourse.

Edited to include:

This does not mean I consider your input invalid - quite the opposite, as your perspective helps me better understand the differences between the US and other countries' gun laws, which (to your point) many Americans are ignorant of. It's just a system I would prefer not to live under. I sincerely hope you continue to contribute to this forum, and that you don't take this difference of opinion as anything other than friendly discussion between folks with a common appreciation for firearms.

Last Edited:
From what has been posted here from a member living in the UK, looks like a great confiscation list that the govt has. As well as getting updated every year and inspected for storage. Doesn't sound very free at all.

inspected for storage.
No inspection without a warrant as stated by tac above.

In case anybody missed it before, here is one of two pages of my FAC, just to show I'm not lying.

View attachment 1367327

The second page has 2 x .577 Sniders, a .577 Pritchett Volunteer rifle and a .451 cal Whitworth rifle, as detailed at the bottom the page above, but at that time not entered.
Tac, you are a well respected member of this community and nobody believes you to be a liar. Your contributions to this site are many and significant.

Tac, you are a well respected member of this community and nobody believes you to be a liar. Your contributions to this site are many and significant.
Definitely no one ever in the slightest accused of lying or any kind of personal attack that I saw. He simply disagreed with the information from the iraqveteran8888 video and from Wikipedia.

@Mikej so whats missing from the topic then because its an easy read in UKs laws that an initial inspection takes place to get a FAC. ?
Okay. :oops: I didn't read all that crap they have to go through. I was going by the part I quoted on your post. Mea culpa. I know I was always under the impression they were inspected. Maybe they didn't go by such strict rules in '68? Maybe there are exceptions for former service to the crown members?

Okay. :oops: I didn't read all that crap they have to go through. I was going by the part I quoted on your post. Mea culpa. I know I was always under the impression they were inspected. Maybe they didn't go by such strict rules in '68? Maybe there are exceptions for former service to the crown members?
And maybe we shouldn't dither so much about English gun law when we have our own gun law problems to deal with.:s0092:

And maybe we shouldn't dither so much about English gun law when we have our own gun law problems to deal with.:s0092:
I don't. All the dithering about another countries gun laws seem to be what has possibly caused another valuable member to leave our forum. That bothers me.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top