JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That iceman rocks! Oh no, he built it without council approval. For shame! ...What a bunch of pricks.

I wonder if it was the underground shooting range that gave him away or a person. My bet is it's someone who knew about it then got pissed at him later. What a shame to destroy all those guns. Should have immigrated to the US (somewhere besides west coast and Illinois I mean).

There is so many levels of fail in this news it would be too long in listing them all.
But I will start by saying that the motivation for this ban began with someone who was licensed to own these guns.

"This person was a licensed firearms owner — most of the weapons down there were licensed.

but remember "nobodys trying to take away your guns"..... (sarcasm)

I like the blueprint the founding fathers gave for how to deal with government overreach.
Unfortunately the overeducated in our country seem to get dumber and dumber and continue to not read those words as written for the meaning that was intended. These modern useful pawns keep buying into the changing of meaning of words and use it to take away liberties that used to be openly enjoyed.

Looks like a pretty nice set-up to me. Lots of ordinary things that many gun owners might have on hand. The range in a tube, that I'm envious of.

There are reports elsewhere on this seizure, and the police minister said that most of the weapons were licensed and so was the owner but they were being incorrectly stored. The silencer was not legal. But load it all up they will. Including shotgun shells and nice sporting superposed guns.

I think the idea of a "bunker" is inflammatory to most citizens / readers. So how does incorrect storage morph into a danger from "long range" calibers? Guilt by association?

The list of "high caliber" guns being banned included many that are fairly common here, such as: Weatherby, Norma and Lapua magnums.

The guy even had a "long range" vehicle in his garage; I wonder if that is also suspect.

The list of "high caliber" guns being banned included many that are fairly common here, such as: Weatherby, Norma and Lapua magnums.
I noticed that too. Including the common hunting round 28 Nosler.
(Keep in mind that the "blueprint" for gun control in the USA is from other countries like Australia. )

China is flexing their muscles in the South Pacific and this is how the Australian government responds. There must be another Chinese-owned Biden running things down under. SMH

Unfortunately the overeducated in our country seem to get dumber and dumber and continue to not read those words as written for the meaning that was intended. These modern useful pawns keep buying into the changing of meaning of words and use it to take away liberties that used to be openly enjoyed.
And that's inherently the problem - people are basically using words to control others while hiding behind the color of law to do so. The law is no different than force/violence because operating outside the law bears the penalty of force/violence if caught.

Ultimately, as seen time and time again throughout history, it is the willingness and effectiveness in the use violence that makes the difference in any endeavor. The founding fathers tried to come to peaceable terms just through dialog. They were dismissed outright as not worth even being considered, it was through physical resistance that change for the better occurred.

While I'm not currently, openly, advocating for physical violence. The historical precedent with regard to government overreach is already there.

With regard to Australians and gun rights. Everyone who had any sense already saw the writing on the wall. If you allow any ban, the goalpost just moves. Just look at our own country. Are the anti-liberty zealots ever content with their most recent law/restriction/ban - nope.

With regard to Australians and gun rights. Everyone who had any sense already saw the writing on the wall. If you allow any ban, the goalpost just moves. Just look at our own country. Are the anti-liberty zealots ever content with their most recent law/restriction/ban - nope.
this is the point of me sharing this news. It doesnt end, the goalpost just keeps being moved, like 114...

"Why he needed that many high-powered rifles in a secret underground shooting range is beyond me."

Yes, fall in line citizen -- conform. We will be the judge of what is right and wrong for you. File your paperwork and registration of your posessions so they can be indexed and cataloged for the greater good of the state. If need be we shall distribute your portion or confiscate contraband. Comply or face punishment. Obey!

There is so many levels of fail in this news it would be too long in listing them all.
But I will start by saying that the motivation for this ban began with someone who was licensed to own these guns.

but remember "nobodys trying to take away your guns"..... (sarcasm)

This is the second thread on this. The first one is here. Your title is easier to find though cuz it has "Australia" in it.

@Moderators, thread merge?

Someone also started a third thread on it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top