JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The only thing I liked about shopping FM's is that every purchase results in a donation to OFF through their donation program. I only go there for gift cards and flowers now. Winco is closer, Grocery outlet is just a few minutes further, and the money I save at the Oak Grove Walmart still offsets the extra gas it takes for those trips.

Local Winco BTW always seems well stocked except for a few times, while the OC Fred Meyers always looks like it's in Venezuela. Walmart can be hit or miss, but is usually well stocked.

I don't shop for groceries, that's the wife's job. I think Winco and Fred's are her favorites. She gets Home Depot gift cards for me at Fred's when it is 4x the points for gas. Without this site I wouldn't know that a store went 'woke' as I never have looked at them as a source of firearm-related information or products.

Apparently Fred Meyer in Redmond has taken out all their gun magazines. Not a single one left. Maybe I dont need to shop there anymore? Anyone else notice this at their Fred Meyers?
Can't remember the last time I shopped in Freddy's - do my grocery shopping at Winco & Costco, FM has nothing that I need that I can't get elsewhere and I have no need to pay their higher prices.

I stopped buying magazines years ago too - anything I want/need to read I can read online.

Can't remember the last time I shopped in Freddy's - do my grocery shopping at Winco & Costco, FM has nothing that I need that I can't get elsewhere and I have no need to pay their higher prices.

I stopped buying magazines years ago too - anything I want/need to read I can read online.
Most everyone else as well. I suspect magazine sales across the board are vanishing across the board.

Growing up in Portland I always found Fred Meyer convenient. By the 90's we started noticing how so many products in their store were made in China, so we nicknamed it "Red Meyer." The deal breaker was a couple years ago when they started requiring their "rewards" card to get the sale price. Some of you may remember their tv commercials from years ago when they said Fred Meyer did not require a card and never will (they literally said "never will"). Obviously, that proved to be a lie. Bottom line: I don't do business with liars. I no longer give Red Meyer my business.

The only thing I liked about shopping FM's is that every purchase results in a donation to OFF through their donation program. I only go there for gift cards and flowers now. Winco is closer, Grocery outlet is just a few minutes further, and the money I save at the Oak Grove Walmart still offsets the extra gas it takes for those trips.

Local Winco BTW always seems well stocked except for a few times, while the OC Fred Meyers always looks like it's in Venezuela. Walmart can be hit or miss, but is usually well stocked.
Literally the only thing I buy from Trader Joes are cut flowers. Very reasonable, nice and convenient to me.

There is a Safeway in Redmond. I was just there comparison shopping. Their grocery prices are 20% - 40% higher than FM on a wide range of identical items and their selection is much poorer. Don't care for their stand on firearms but will continue to get groceries at FM.
I understand. You do what you've got to do. To tell the truth I don't know much about Safebertson's prices as I very seldom shop at either one. I've been amazed at the stoopid prices on some of Fred's stuff when I've wandered through the food departments. Safebertson's will have decent buys on pork shoulder from time to time. Sure save on pork cutting it yourself considering what happened to pork prices.

Apparently they didn't understand the...magazine ban.
Ten page limit...which G&A would be under if the ads were taken out. :cool:
😂😂😂 Thread has derailed, derailed, derailed.
Wait, what...there was a topic here???
I've turned into my dad, you know, the guy from the insurance commercial. I've lost track of how many gun mags we subscribe to, trying to keep current on info for students and such and a $10 mag at the store is often $2 at the subscription price. My recycle can gets heavy every two weeks!

Most everyone else as well. I suspect magazine sales across the board are vanishing across the board.
Yeah - I used to write pre-press software back until about 2004 (it was the page layout software for magazines/newspapers/books). Even then the writing was on the wall (pun intended). I imagine the printing industry is printing a lot less than it was back then as most content is now consumed electronically. Most books I read are Kindle or PDF/EPub, almost all articles/etc. are HTML.

In the last week I have downloaded about 300 GB of various free ZIM, PDF and ePub books/magazines/etc. as part of my preps. I downloaded a bi-monthly cache of Wikipedia and other Wikimedia caches (WikiMed, Wikitionary, etc.). Now that I have Starlink that is much easier to accomplish.

As for gun mags, most (all?) of them are available online and there is some pretty good stuff online that you can't find in magazines or books.

It's an acquired taste. I actually hated it when I first watched it. Now it's hilarious.
It's amazing how many thing were terrible, stupid, ugly three years ago. Now? Doesn't hardly register on the scale. Just goes to show ya', incredible what a person can get used to.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top